Visit To Loei

pazza

Hi Guys, I am planning a short visit to Loei (sister-in-law starting university there).

We plan on making the trip on Monday 14/05/12.

Can anybody tell me if there is any night life in loei and any decent (500-1000 with air-con) Hotels close to any (?) night life.

My friend and I live in Nong Khai (Tha Bo) and have never been to loei so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pazza

King hotel is very popular with farang. Although i have not stayed there i have only heard good reports about it. The Cancan restaurant is attached to the hotel and i eat there on a regular basis as the food is excellent ( Thai & Western).

There is " Robot Nightclub" about 500 metres from the King hotel. Robot seems popular with the younger generation but i am an old bloke and have not been there. There are numerous karaoke places that are not hard to find.

Thanks bails will look up the King hotel (is it in the town centre ??) thumbsup.gif

Living in Nong Khai we have plenty of experience of Karaokes wink.png but we, also, may be a little too mature to venture into the Robot Nightclub..

Thanks for the help

Steve

Yes, King Hotel is in the centre of town,about 50 metres from the fountain roundabout. The hotel fronts the main road but if you drive around to the rear of the building you will see a fruit stall which is next to the entrance for the car park which is for patrons of the hotel. You can park there and walk through the small door at the rear of the hotel and this will take you to reception.

The King Hotel is indeed about the best option in the town centre. The only thing to note is that most bedrooms have Thai-style bathrooms with wet floors. There is an inexpensive restaurant downstairs, but this isn't very inspiring for evening entertainment. The only western-type hotel, the Loei Palace, is over-priced and a longish walk from the centre across a large park. I was a little surprised to see that the town seems to have more massage parlours than bars (not ostensibly of the naughty variety though the 'in hotel' services are probably 50/50). The bars were fairly quiet when I was last there. If you turn right out of the King Hotel and cross the road you'll see the bar of the Royal City Hotel (think the name is correct) on a corner, which wasn't too bad. Nearby but separate from the hotel was a Thai-style cafe one floor up with some attractive singers. Robotech Nightclub (that's how I remember the name) had coyote dancers and was indeed frequented by a mainly younger clientele. It is in the opposite direction (across the roundabout from the King, on a bit and turn right). On the same road are a couple of bars with live music.

Loei is a sleepy little town. And like most towns in Thailand, it has the same structure; plenty of car dealerships as you enter, one large market and tons of small shops selling the same thing, and of course the mandatory lake.

Without a car you'll be bored to tears.

King hotel is central, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the food is excellent. It's passable and the aircon is a nice relief.

Check out Trip Advisor or Agoda. There are quiet a few small boutique properties in the region.

If you have a car there are plenty of nice things to see in surrounding areas.

Thanks for the info guys (bails & citizen33, it sounds like the King hotel it will be.thumbsup.gif

We are having a village party (Sat-Sun) coffee1.gif so recovering Monday so aim to be in Loei next Tuesday :)

Thanks again much appreciated.biggrin.png

Steve (& my mate Michael).

Loei is a sleepy little town. And like most towns in Thailand, it has the same structure; plenty of car dealerships as you enter, one large market and tons of small shops selling the same thing, and of course the mandatory lake.

Without a car you'll be bored to tears.

King hotel is central, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the food is excellent. It's passable and the aircon is a nice relief.

Check out Trip Advisor or Agoda. There are quiet a few small boutique properties in the region.

If you have a car there are plenty of nice things to see in surrounding areas.

Thanks mr Happy,

I am coming up from Tha Bo in my truck and have also planned on looking and photographing some of the local beauty spots, (I hear Loei has many)

Thanks again

Steve thumbsup.gif

If you have a car the Loei Palace is only 1000 baht per night including breakfast, was there only a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice.

Robot is ok went a couple of times, I am 45 and they dont5 seem to care about your age you would enjoy it just get into the groove.

There is some nice restaurants there Larchang on the highway is very good with very good service and the lighthouse on the lake was great with a little bit of live music and they do get the crowd involved if you are willing to get up and have a sing it was good fun.

The scenery in Loei is fantastic very picturesque.

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for the great info. thumbsup.gif

Stayed at the King hotel 700baht/night,,

I was quite impressed by the hotel, the room and the staff. I would definitely stay again.

Found quite a lot of bars (all within walking distance of the hotel)and tried the Robot pub, all ok drunk.gif

All in all a nice place would maybe visit again later in the year.

Thanks again wai.gif

Steve

Hi Guys,

I was quite impressed by the hotel, the room and the staff. I would definitely stay again.

Found quite a lot of bars (all within walking distance of the hotel)and tried the Robot pub, all ok drunk.gif

Thanks again wai.gif

Steve

Great followup and I am sure the guys who helped you out appreciate it greatly. That is a nice area and if you ever feel even more adventurous you might follow the back roads all the way to Nan and on to Chiang Rai.

Hi Guys,

Thanks again wai.gif

Steve

Great followup and I am sure the guys who helped you out appreciate it greatly. That is a nice area and if you ever feel even more adventurous you might follow the back roads all the way to Nan and on to Chiang Rai.

Thats what I like about this forum, there has always been someone there with the help I've needed.

Great Guys, Great help and Great ThaiVisa WPFflags.gif

Thanks

Steve

• 7 months later...

Just checked into the Loei Palace Hotel for two nights and have walked with the missus around the town and had a motorcycle songthaew give us a quick tour.Yes a very sleepy town with friendly locals and a new years festival taking place outside of the hotel. Is actually cold at night (13 in January) and not much going on so back to the hotel to watch the latest Lakorn with the missus - yawn. Pace of life is great though not a bad person in sight and fresh rat for sale at the local street market. I will see if I can attach a pic ...

IMG_7033.JPG