Members Needed For The Royal British Legion In Bangkok

Basset

Anyone interested in joining the Royal British Legion in Bangkok please PM me and I will put you in touch with our Bangkok members. You do not need to have served in the Armed Forces to join and all nationalities are welcome, all we ask is you care for those who have served who are in need.

We only have one trained welfare caseworker at present to cover Bangkok, a training course will be held on my return to Thailand after the Legion Annual Conference, whilst our primary role is the care and welfare of those in need we also have a very active social life with things happening most months, the most recent event being ANZAC Day at the River Kwai with over 80 members in attendence.

There will be an informal meeting in the Londoner Pub at 6.30pm on 31 May to discuss how the Legion can move forward in Bangkok, it will also decide where it will meet and when, perhaps one location or a different one for each meeting. Ladies you are more than welcome, it would be nice to even have a Ladies section.

Many thanks

Bert

All Royal British Legion members in Chiang Mai wish you well at this initial meeting and look forward to hearing about the plans for the future.

TRBL must be one of the fastest growing organisations in the country if not the region and we are all proud to be part of this success.

• Like 1

Sorry NCFC I should have explained, it costs 800 Baht per year, 600 of that goes directly to London and 200 goes in the Branch Account. Membership fees are used to run the Legion on a day to day basis so that donations, poppy appeal etc are used only for welfare. The Legion spends around £1.4 Million every week on welfare cases much of that going to those under 35.

billd766

You can join on line and pay your membership direct to the branch account you would then receive details via our newsletter of whats going on or from our website at www.rblthailand.com , we have members throughout Thailand including Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Phuket and many places in between

Many thanks

Bert

Sorry NCFC I should have explained, it costs 800 Baht per year, 600 of that goes directly to London and 200 goes in the Branch Account. Membership fees are used to run the Legion on a day to day basis so that donations, poppy appeal etc are used only for welfare. The Legion spends around £1.4 Million every week on welfare cases much of that going to those under 35.

billd766

You can join on line and pay your membership direct to the branch account you would then receive details via our newsletter of whats going on or from our website at www.rblthailand.com , we have members throughout Thailand including Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Phuket and many places in between

Many thanks

Bert

Thanks for the information Bert.

I am not sure if I want to join as there seem to be a lot of ties being worn and since I retired from the RAF in 1984 and work in general 3 years ago my ties retires as well.

They are loking for a good home and someone to care for them.

whistling.gif

If you look around our meeting bar you will see a few ties that have been cut in half, the other half remains with the wearer!!!. In all honesty all we ask on official occastions (Remembrance Day ect) is that our members wear long trousers, shoes and a shirt. Many wear ties and blazer but it is up to them, casual wear is the order of the day at many events.

Cheers

Bert

If you look around our meeting bar you will see a few ties that have been cut in half, the other half remains with the wearer!!!. In all honesty all we ask on official occastions (Remembrance Day ect) is that our members wear long trousers, shoes and a shirt. Many wear ties and blazer but it is up to them, casual wear is the order of the day at many events.

Cheers

Bert

I do have long trousers in 2 sizes, fat and fatter and theshirt etc but I honestly cannot remember the last time I wore a jacket or suit other than at my wedding 12 years ago.

Up here in the sticks I am a dedicated laeder of fashion. Unfortunately I am also a one man band with no followers.

Edited by billd766

• 4 months later...

Hey Bert,

I'm a retired Yank living in BKK, having served in the US Army. I'd like to help make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate. How can I help? I have just returned from abroad and missed your meeting in May. Lemme know wassup. Thanks, Antonio Strano

• Like 1