New Ipad As A Personal Hotspot

ELLHNAS

Does anyone know how to use the new Ipad as a personal hotspot? I need to use the new Ipad to connect to the internet using my desktop. It seems that the personal hotspot option is not visible in the Ipad settings. Is this a carrier (I have 3G with True) or an OS issue?

Edited by ELLHNAS

Enable your cellular data, then go to General then About, next a notification should pop up saying do you want to upgrade carrier settings, click yes. Then go back to general and press network then the option will appear also a Personal Hotspot option on the side bar

Settings->General->Network->Personal Hotspot

Make sure cellular data is on. No problems using True 3G as personal hotspot. Lasts 24 hours on battery if used as WiFi hotspot!! smile.png

Once it's on, you will get a "Personal Hotspot" item in the main Settings screen, right under WiFi. As long as it's disabled that item isn't there.

Edited by nikster

• 4 months later...

anyone else having trouble finding the hotspot option on an ipad3 after upping to iOS 6?

i'd never wanted to use it before but decided to try it today after loading iOS 6 and .... its not there!

may be region specific or carrier specific - i am in saudi.

any ideas anyone?

• 4 months later...

Seems it was disabled by my SIM in saudi - as soon as I put my Thai Truemove SIM back in when I got home it appeared again.

Yeah it's carrier specific. Some don't allow it and others charge you extra.

Idiotic in my view, I'd much rather just have a limited data plan and use the data whichever way I like...

• 3 weeks later...