Best Pizza In Pattaya/jomtien

ericg1953

Basically 99% of all pizzas outside Italy are crap...especially American ones which bear absolutely no resemblance to the real thing whatsoever....if there is a good peroper Italian pizza available in Pattaya I would love to know where they get there mozzarella from....

Don?t see how you can say American pizzas bear absolutely no resemblance to the real thing whatsoever.

Do Italian pizzas not have cheese, capsicums, tomatoes, olive oil, to mention a few ingredients and are baked in an ovens? Sounds about the same to me.

Pizzas not that special.

If you look you can get good pizza in pattaya if you wish to eat that.

Happy new year.

:o

Pizzas not that special

I would suggest that this reply is a prime example...QED

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wilko,

BIG PIZZA on naklua is authentic...it's just like eating in italy, ham,wine,cheese etc is all imported and the pizza is cooked in a wood chip oven :o

as for american food, imo the southern cooking is delicious and american beef/steak is some of the best in the world.......but i'm not a fan of the american pizza

wilko,

BIG PIZZA on naklua is authentic...it's just like eating in italy, ham,wine,cheese etc is all imported and the pizza is cooked in a wood chip oven :o

as for american food, imo the southern cooking is delicious and american beef/steak is some of the best in the world.......but i'm not a fan of the american pizza

I've heard that about Big Pizza also. Is the crust thick or thin? The new shop accross from Carefour is also authentic Itallian. I tried it, was OK but not filling. Eight pieces to one pizza. very light. Not that I eat pizza a lot, it's just good to try different places around town.

Barry

I've heard that about Big Pizza also. Is the crust thick or thin? The new shop accross from Carefour is also authentic Itallian. I tried it, was OK but not filling. Eight pieces to one pizza. very light. Not that I eat pizza a lot, it's just good to try different places around town.

Barry

When we visited Rome back in 1997, I ordered an individual sized pizza at a little sidewalk cafe, and was shocked at what I got. Nothing at all like what we Americans eat. It was a thin, crispy dough, with very little tomato sauce on it. It was very good. But it was truly a "different food" than what I call "pizza" here. Perhaps that was just that restaurant. I don't know. I only tried pizza there that one time.

Barry

When we visited Rome back in 1997, I ordered an individual sized pizza at a little sidewalk cafe, and was shocked at what I got. Nothing at all like what we Americans eat. It was a thin, crispy dough, with very little tomato sauce on it. It was very good. But it was truly a "different food" than what I call "pizza" here. Perhaps that was just that restaurant. I don't know. I only tried pizza there that one time.

Thats sounds like a quite authentic pizza to me - of course there are many regional variations wherever you go in Italy, but invariably the base is thin and its served quite crispy. Variations in the USA that I have had tend to be far more "doughy" but can be equally delicious, but they are not the same as what you would get in Italy.

Thats sounds like a quite authentic pizza to me - of course there are many regional variations wherever you go in Italy, but invariably the base is thin and its served quite crispy. Variations in the USA that I have had tend to be far more "doughy" but can be equally delicious, but they are not the same as what you would get in Italy.

Here in the US, they say that the "deep dish" style, with the thick, doughy crust, is the "Sicillian style". Personally, my preference is the American thin crust type, but not as thin and crispy as the type I described having in Rome. Still, as has been said here before, the most important elements are definitely the tomato sauce and cheese used. The only pizza I've previously had in Thailand was at Pizza Hut in BKK, and it was terrible! I'm looking forward to trying some of the independently owned places recommended in this thread when I get there.

Here in the US, they say that the "deep dish" style, with the thick, doughy crust, is the "Sicillian style". Personally, my preference is the American thin crust type, but not as thin and crispy as the type I described having in Rome. Still, as has been said here before, the most important elements are definitely the tomato sauce and cheese used. The only pizza I've previously had in Thailand was at Pizza Hut in BKK, and it was terrible! I'm looking forward to trying some of the independently owned places recommended in this thread when I get there.

Pizza comes from Naples.....Foccaccia from Genova, bolognese from Bologna etc....italian foods are regional in character.

Italian food is by nature a staple (pasta) flavoured with a sauce....this has been bastardised by other cultures who change this into something with a huge topping consisting of huge amounts of whatever was originally there in small amounts...e.g. the meat content of bolognese sauce or the cream in carbonara (which is essentially bacon and eggs) or the depth of topping on a pizza (These being the most expensive ingredients). IMHO this completely spoils what was originally a beautiful dish.

This has quite a lot in common with Thai food where rice is the staple and the other dishes are to flavour the rice - hence the idea of taking a little from a communal dish in the middle of the table and mixing with one's rice before eating it.

There is a fantastic place in Rome that does a genuine pizza, I'm sorry , I can't remember any details, but it always has a great long queue out side - of Italians...

wilko,

I would tend to agree with you...I'll give the Big Pizza a try too! Is it dear?

Pizza comes from Naples.....Foccaccia from Genova, bolognese from Bologna etc....italian foods are regional in character.

Italian food is by nature a staple (pasta) flavoured with a sauce....this has been bastardised by other cultures who change this into something with a huge topping consisting of huge amounts of whatever was originally there in small amounts...e.g. the meat content of bolognese sauce or the cream in carbonara (which is essentially bacon and eggs) or the depth of topping on a pizza (These being the most expensive ingredients). IMHO this completely spoils what was originally a beautiful dish.

This has quite a lot in common with Thai food where rice is the staple and the other dishes are to flavour the rice - hence the idea of taking a little from a communal dish in the middle of the table and mixing with one's rice before eating it.

So you haven't heard, or can't verify the history I heard regarding "deep dish" pizza being a Sicillian derivative? As for Foccaccia, I'm not a fan. Too much bread, not enough topping, for my taste.

As you said, American style pizza is definitely a bastardization of the delicious pizza I had in Rome. However, it's so different that I can't agree with you that it "spoils" that dish. I simply view them as different foods, much like an American omelet, and the type served in Thailand. To each his own on taste. I really don't ever say that one culture is "wrong" and another "right" with regard to food, any more than I'd say it about a person's religion.

Since I grew up eating American, East Coast style pizza, I love that taste! But it doesn't prevent me from also enjoying the taste of other foods that are different. The best example of that for me is that Thai food was a total unknown in Boston during my youth. I never tasted it until I visited Thailand at the age of 29. I immediately loved it, and still do!

So you haven't heard, or can't verify the history I heard regarding "deep dish" pizza being a Sicillian derivative? As for Foccaccia, I'm not a fan. Too much bread, not enough topping, for my taste.

As you said, American style pizza is definitely a bastardization of the delicious pizza I had in Rome. However, it's so different that I can't agree with you that it "spoils" that dish. I simply view them as different foods, much like an American omelet, and the type served in Thailand. To each his own on taste. I really don't ever say that one culture is "wrong" and another "right" with regard to food, any more than I'd say it about a person's religion.

Since I grew up eating American, East Coast style pizza, I love that taste! But it doesn't prevent me from also enjoying the taste of other foods that are different. The best example of that for me is that Thai food was a total unknown in Boston during my youth. I never tasted it until I visited Thailand at the age of 29. I immediately loved it, and still do!

You’re right …in one qay it is just a completely different food….but what erks me is that some people think that it is a pizza…it may have the same roots and the same name but it is not comparable. The philosophy behind most US food is what I dislike..the idea that bigger or more is better but the art of cooking has been largely forgotten. Why is obesity so common in the states?

If you want a foccaccia, forget about “too bready” go to Genova and get one.... “beligne!”

Most Sicilians were very poor until they left Italy..it's entirely possible that some scicilian emigrant decided to call his pizza Scicilian but the pizza comes from Naples. it's quite important to know what region your Italian resauranteur comes from as it has bearing on the kind of dfood you'd expect him/her to cook. most italian emigrants came ouit of the South as this was and still is the empoverished end of the country. the wealthy and gastronomically superior North did not have such a mass emmigratioon and so a lot of Italians abroad cook a bastardised version of regional foods that they are not familiar with themselves...remember Italy has only been a united nation for about 150 years.

You’re right …in one qay it is just a completely different food….but what erks me is that some people think that it is a pizza…it may have the same roots and the same name but it is not comparable. The philosophy behind most US food is what I dislike..the idea that bigger or more is better but the art of cooking has been largely forgotten. Why is obesity so common in the states?

It's actually a combination of reasons. The most prevalent is the fact that the pace of every day life is too ###### fast, forcing people to the "fast food" windows for far too much of their diet. The high fat, high carbohydrate content of such foods is extremely unhealthy.

Along with that fast pace, however, is a far too sedentary lifestyle, both in and out of work. Most jobs have been "modernized", taking most of the physical effort out of them. We sit on our <deleted> all day in work, then go home and watch TV, and/or tap on the PC keyboard.

Wealth is another factor. Not all Americans, of course, are wealthy. What I mean is that, as a nation, America has more food available for the majority of it's people than most other nations. The vast majority of the working population can eat as much as they want, as often as they want. Most simply lack the wilpower and good sense to control the urge to do just that!

I do believe that awareness of the damage that obesity does to the potential for a long and healthy life is growing here. More people are beginning to pay attention to the quality and quantity of the food they eat. But it's not going to change significantly overnight. It will be interesting to see what the average weight of Americans is in about 20 years ... if I haven't eaten myself to death by then! :o

Don`t know the name but try the pizza place on walking street.

Just down from Boots (same side of the road).

Its upstairs with a view of walking street while enjoying your pizza.

I went twice over xmas time pizza and garlic bread were very tasty.

Think a pizza was about 150 baht.

Very cheap and very tasty.

Deep pan pizza is an americanism, not from Sicily.

Real foccacia in Italy is just pizza dough baked on a pan in olive oil sprinkled with oregano. With toppings it becomes a pizza.

Deep pan pizza is an americanism, not from Sicily.

Real foccacia in Italy is just pizza dough baked on a pan in olive oil sprinkled with oregano. With toppings it becomes a pizza.

I take it you also haven't had a real foccacia from Genova then....

American food, including pizzas, is the worst, but try explaining that to Americans. For them everything American is the dogs dangly bits.

That's a gross generalization. Since America was founded by numerous cultures, American cuisine is vastly different from locale to locale. You have Italian (and excellent pizza) in New York, Cajun in New Orleans, Mexican influences in California, and tasty BBQ from the South to Midwest.

I could generalize too... that British cuisine, save fish and FRIES, is the world's worst.

• 3 weeks later...
The pizza place across from Carrefour is authentic Italian pizza. thin crust and crispy. The owner is from Italy.

Barry

Be careful some people will have you all believe you

cant get authentic pizza in Thailand, all these experts I ask you!!!

Culinary tosspots of Thaivisa

enjoy your pizza :o

The pizza place across from Carrefour is authentic Italian pizza. thin crust and crispy. The owner is from Italy.

Barry

enjoy your pizza :o

Icecubes, you have maintained the normal quality of your postings. Impolite, sarcastic and juvenile. Well done!!!

Barry

enjoy your pizza :D

Icecubes, you have maintained the normal quality of your postings. Impolite, sarcastic and juvenile. Well done!!!

That was not directed at you.

Sorry, i must have touched a nerve, i did not mean to.

but if the cap fits feel free to put it on.

As for Juvenile, well hope I don’t grow up to be like you.

I stick with Juvenile, <deleted> the grown ups.

Have a nice day :o

No, you haven't touched any nerve. As for the rest of your comment, well.....you don't know me so it's best ignored. There is quality and authentic pizza available in Pattaya.

Edited by Artisan

No, you haven't touched any nerve. As for the rest of your comment, well.....you don't know me so it's best ignored. There is quality and authentic pizza available in Pattaya.

Artisan .all I can say is "my kow chy" to your post.

You should read posts a bit closer. strange man.

• 3 years later...
I just wanted to share this excellent offer with you:

Pizza Hut dial 1150 has a meal deal in Pattaya:

Medium Italian Mix Pizza

4 New Orleans Wings

Garlic Bread

Pepsi Cola

All for just 299 baht delivery free.

Enjoy!

I never understand why they offer garlic bread in pizza deals, surely after stuffing the stodgy bread based pizza down the last thing people want is more bread.

Pizza Pizza in the 2 shopping malls of Pattaya offer the best pizza by far that ive eaten here.

I just wanted to share this excellent offer with you:

Pizza Hut dial 1150 has a meal deal in Pattaya:

Medium Italian Mix Pizza

4 New Orleans Wings

Garlic Bread

Pepsi Cola

All for just 299 baht delivery free.

Enjoy!

I never understand why they offer garlic bread in pizza deals, surely after stuffing the stodgy bread based pizza down the last thing people want is more bread.

Pizza Pizza in the 2 shopping malls of Pattaya offer the best pizza by far that ive eaten here.

You make a valid point about the garlic bread being filling (alongside a pizza), however what I do, is eat the garlic bread yet save a few slices of pizza and refridgerate them for the next night.

Cold pizza is agreeable after a beer session, late at night! TOP TIP!