Childrens Birthday Cakes

There is a cake shop in hua thanon, just after the 90 degree turn coming from lamai. On the right with a pink sign 'cake'. Tried there and the french bakery by lamai temple, way too expensive for 25+ kids, so we ended up buying four small cakes from Tesco and sweets. They charge by the kilo in lamai, which confused me even more, how many kilos per child?

Regards

M

I happened to glance at a stall in tesco Chaweng as I entered via the rear entrance & saw someone icing a cake a few days ago. I think it was the S & P outlet but can't be sure (I assume you're referring to S&P Big C in the OP). Another suggestion would be Big C bakery as they often have cakes there.

Edited by evadgib

Between Fisherman's Village traffic lights and Big C. Head towards Big C and on the left is a bakery just before Samui Town Centre complex

Still waiting for my order of dinner rolls for Xmas whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Between Fisherman's Village traffic lights and Big C. Head towards Big C and on the left is a bakery just before Samui Town Centre complex

Still waiting for my order of dinner rolls for Xmas whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Did you tell them which Christmas? laugh.png

Did you tell them which Christmas? laugh.png

• Like 1

I had to buy a Birthday cake for our 11 year old a week or so back and saw some in Tesco (in Rama 4 BKK if that makes too much difference) . They are probably still there.

I had to buy a Birthday cake for our 11 year old a week or so back and saw some in Tesco (in Rama 4 BKK if that makes too much difference) . They are probably still there.

Perhaps Bangkok air can bring them over lol, sorry, but this is the Samui forum.

Perhaps Bangkok air can bring them over lol, sorry, but this is the Samui forum.

I know it is a Samui forum but my suggestion was essentially you could try Tesco in the cake section , if you want to pay 400 baht for a cake with Minnie Mouse on it that is. Most Tescos carry similar items. Just trying to be helpful. Sorry if i intruded on a private conversation .

The cakes from Big C and tesco taste like air and are flavorless...

get the swensen's cake it taste much better and it may be just a little more expensive..but it is defiantly worth it, every year i make my bf get a cake for me from swensen's because it is the best tasting+value the green tea one is my fav <3

I know it is a Samui forum but my suggestion was essentially you could try Tesco in the cake section , if you want to pay 400 baht for a cake with Minnie Mouse on it that is. Most Tescos carry similar items. Just trying to be helpful. Sorry if i intruded on a private conversation .

No intrusion at all, just thought you weren't aware it was Samui forum.

The baker at Anantara will do birthday cakes for kids, did a Garfield cake for my sons last birthday on request. Someone had suggested calling the hotel asking and turned out great and better priced then Swenson's or Angela's.