Regents Residences

This is a reply to [email protected] regarding Regent Residences resale. I have a unit North Tower/N1203/A5 for RESALE. It is not a cornor unit. This is a one-bedroom, plus one-study, total area 75 sq.m. My purchase price was 8,307,225 Bhts. I had paid 2,679,750 down payment. I bought it as a Thai resident. I do not know if it could be resold to a non-Thai. You can contact me at [email protected]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My purchase price was 8,307,225 Bhts.

or over B 110,000 psm. That's pretty pricey for a place in the heart of the Sukie farang/sex-monger ghetto. I guess that's the attraction for some...however, being directly across from Chuwit Garden (build with the profits of women working on their backs too) is a nice feature.

My purchase price was 8,307,225 Bhts.

or over B 110,000 psm. That's pretty pricey for a place in the heart of the Sukie farang/sex-monger ghetto. I guess that's the attraction for some...however, being directly across from Chuwit Garden (build with the profits of women working on their backs too) is a nice feature.

Nah I challenge anyone to post 110,000 or less between soi 3 and 22 any takers? keeping in mind that this is supposdley a top class development

• 7 months later...
Interestingly, the Holiday Inn Crown Suite development was/is controlled by the same dunderheads as the Regents hotel/condo, and that site looks dead too.

But we still had quite a few optimists out there eagerly waiting for the graveyard to be exhumed. :)

• 1 month later...

wow, even the lawyers for the Regent developer (Grande Asset) were insider trading....

everything connected with this project seems to be questionable...

Bangkok Post article today (Aug 26, 2009)

Two leave law firm over insider trading

Published: 26/08/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: Business

Baker & McKenzie has removed Ratchanon Piriyapongpan and Saowapak Arunvej from the law firm after securities regulators late last week accused the two of insider trading.

The Securities and Exchange Commission said Baker & McKenzie was appointed a legal adviser for Grande Asset Development in March 2006. Mr Ratchanon, acting as the head of the legal team, was privy to market-sensitive information related to investments by GRAND, which was only disseminated to the public on June 30, 2006. Prior to the public announcement, Mr Ratchanon directed Ms Saowapak, his secretary, to transact a total of 7.56 million GRAND shares at prices ranging from 2.96 to 4.70 baht per share.

The SEC fined Mr Ratchanon, formerly named Wisit Kanjanopas, 6.68 million baht and Ms Saowapak 330,000 baht for insider trading violations in the case.

Baker & McKenzie yesterday disavowed any knowledge of the incident.

"Baker & McKenzie would like to clarify that the acts of the two individuals were entirely conducted in their personal capacities, without knowledge or involvement of the management of the firm," the firm said in a statement.

"We profoundly regret that the incident arose from the acts of a legal consultant and a member of staff, whose conduct, albeit in a personal capacity, may nevertheless impact upon the trust and integrity of the firm, especially in respect of legal work in the field of capital markets and related areas."

//

"wow, even the lawyers for the Regent developer (Grande Asset) were insider trading...."

According to your referenced article, the two men were accused of insider trading. They have not been either tried or convicted in a court of law. At least they're guilty in your eyes.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Amarka,

If your contract specifies a penalty for a late turnover, you'll probably get the unit free ; )

Hang in there!

hi..

to be honest with you i shall be happy enough if it is finished in the next 18 months...

the news below seems to indicate that it will..........

quote.....

"

Bangkok Post of Jan 8 shows a photo of Lehman Bros handing a 10.4 billion baht cheque to Grande Asset as was expected. So perhaps now all will be well, and the eyesores of the Regent and Crowne Plaza (particularly) half completed structures will once again start to take form. "

amarka

The answer is no, it will not be finished. Hope you get your money back.

Any update on the regent? no work for a year now..

To all who bought the Regents, any recourse for your hard earned deposits??? This project is dead forever, so don't even hope for a miracle.

Firstly Merlion, your a tool. What flea enjoys seeing some one lose money ?

I live nearby and would be nice to see the soi cleaned up. Obviously nobody knows including tool.

i'm glad this thread rose to the top .

wondered what the story was on this dinosaur . walk by it basically 6 days a week . personally i liked it better as the ambassador hotel's beer garden than it is now as a hulking, "blade runner" like shell of a nothing . nice multi colored coverings up on the concrete through.

interesting to read all the way from the beginning and to see optimism go to hope go to realism go to despair .

i don't know ; what 8 million/100,000+ per sq. meter 2 much ?

note to self: continue to NEVER buy real estate in Thailand

ps while we're on this neighborhood, think they'll ever complete the sofitel at suk. 15 ? i've seen girls i know have a kind and send them off to nursery school in the time since ground was broken there .

Edited by jackdawson

i'm glad this thread rose to the top .

wondered what the story was on this dinosaur . walk by it basically 6 days a week . personally i liked it better as the ambassador hotel's beer garden than it is now as a hulking, "blade runner" like shell of a nothing . nice multi colored coverings up on the concrete through.

interesting to read all the way from the beginning and to see optimism go to hope go to realism go to despair .

i don't know ; what 8 million/100,000+ per sq. meter 2 much ?

note to self: continue to NEVER buy real estate in Thailand

ps while we're on this neighborhood, think they'll ever complete the sofitel at suk. 15 ? i've seen girls i know have a kind and send them off to nursery school in the time since ground was broken there .

I hope buyers of this dreaded project will share their experience with all, especially to would be buyers of off plan projects. Let the newbies learn and avoid such costly mistakes. Share with them the alternative ways ( if any ) of getting the money back from the bloody crook developer...

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Passed this project yesterday and , shock horror, noticed some work going on for the first time in years! Maybe GA are finally going to restart. I hope some good news, at last, for all those who put down deposits.

Edited by wordchild

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any action on this construction site?

they are slowly erecting a structure on the corner of suk and soi 13. my guess is it is the new sales office, looks the right kind of size. There is no work going on anywhere else on the site. I pass it most days and progress is painfully slow there are never more than 6/8 workers on site. If it is the sales office i doubt it will be ready till the new year. But i suppose at least it looks like something is going on which is better than nothing.

one of the engineers said work would commence November 2011 and it appears that the project is going ahead with the construction of the sales/showroom office

5 years behind schedule, not bad eh? The location is brilliant with the completion of the 5 star sofitel down the road nearing completion and terminal 21just, 10 mins away, nana bts 2 mins Asoke 5 mins and villa, robinson all a short walk.

The completion of the regent would make the area from Nana bts to Asoke bts upmarket including the elimination of overcrowded st stalls and the vermin that gather in the soi 13 after dark selling crack cocaine

Edited by zorro1

Regent Hotels website deleted reference to Bangkok...probably finally sent Grande Asset a "management agreement termination notice" after waiting all those years of delay...

http://www.regenthotels.com/reg/home/index.html

my guess is that this project will not be managed/branded as a "Regent Hotel & Residences".

but good to hear its slowing starting to wake up....hopefully they keep the old design (and a new respectable quality brand steps in).....

cant wait to try the new Sofitel Sukhumvit opening up soon nearby

the other big issue is whether the developer is still Grande Asset. They have a dreadful history with this project and their other empty shell, the once mooted Crown Plaza hotel further up Sukumvit around soi 29. They have, in general, a poor reputation and have been teetering on the edge ever since they lost a financing package from Lehman Property (RIP) during the credit crisis.They have just raised a bit of capital with a heavily discounted share issue in the last few weeks. If they have brought someone else in then it could be interesting , if its still their project then prospective buyers will need to exercise caution.

Edited by wordchild

one of the engineers said work would commence November 2011 and it appears that the project is going ahead with the construction of the sales/showroom office

5 years behind schedule, not bad eh? The location is brilliant with the completion of the 5 star sofitel down the road nearing completion and terminal 21just, 10 mins away, nana bts 2 mins Asoke 5 mins and villa, robinson all a short walk.

The completion of the regent would make the area from Nana bts to Asoke bts upmarket including the elimination of overcrowded st stalls and the vermin that gather in the soi 13 after dark selling crack cocaine

Just out of interest, and I am truly interested here not having a dig at you. Are they actually selling crack, or are you just saying that because they are black?

Just out of interest, and I am truly interested here not having a dig at you. Are they actually selling crack, or are you just saying that because they are black?

They are Black and selling crack, its certainly no secret. It used to be cool sitting at the end of the street bar several years ago before the nigerians took it over . They sell anything including pot and heroin and I have been approached a few times a long time ago so I now avoid them and cant wait for the regent to be completed and those soi dogs will be gone for good

Now let me be clear I do NOT think all Nigerians are drug dealers just like all westerns are not whore mongers or drug users but there are obviously plenty around or the Nigerians would not have a business.

Edited by zorro1

The Regent thread on Skyscrapercity website has been deleted.

The discussion followed the projects progress from the piles going in 2003, to the shutdown to 2008, to the recent banking discussions in 2010, to the rumors of a restart.... then deleted.

Will the original buyers (in 2003) get compensation?