Regents Residences

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amarka,

The skyscraper forum is independent - I don't particularly contribute. I must say that I value this forum and its contributors.

I would suggest subscribing.

For me personally it is an independent view on the "All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas, Including The Park Residence Chidlom" thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58207

I must say I had no idea that Bangkok had such a following in terms of architecture, but nice to see.

My interests are in the core CBD of Bangkok, but If I have additional information I wil post.

Amarka,

The skyscraper forum is independent - I don't particularly contribute. I must say that I value this forum and its contributors.

For me personally it is an independent view on the "All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas, Including The Park Residence Chidlom" thread

I must say I had no idea that Bangkok had such a following in terms of architecture, but nice to see.

My interests are in the core CBD of Bangkok, but If I have additional information I wil post.

hello pkrv,

yes i saw the Regents on that forum - thanks for the link to the Trendy though!...

looks like the Regents work is progressing very well indeed... 1 floor every 10 days...thats fast!

amarka :o

Amarka,

hello pkrv,

yes i saw the Regents on that forum - thanks for the link to the Trendy though!...

looks like the Regents work is progressing very well indeed... 1 floor every 10 days...thats fast!

Hi, just went to the regent showflat a couple of weeks ago. The salesgirl told us if there was a delay in completion to the regent, customers would be compensated duely. You have to get the relevant compensation details from the sales staff if in doubt.

Hi, just went to the regent showflat a couple of weeks ago. The salesgirl told us if there was a delay in completion to the regent, customers would be compensated duely. You have to get the relevant compensation details from the sales staff if in doubt.

COMPENSATION????

COMPENSATION????

Hi MERLION,

The only compensation you'll get is Tom Yum Goong............On the house!

This is LOS...........Not FFA (Free for All)

:o

CBRE salesgirls are poorly trained or even not trained at all. There is no compensation whatsoever, to my knowledge ever existed for the Regent or other condo developments that I have looked into in Bkk. I do not recall of compensation clause in any of the contracts. However, Thailand condominium law requires developers to refund the deposit plus 7.5% per annum interest if the condos didnt get built/transferred to buyers and if the developers are not bankrupt, that is!

Edited by susah_sih

CBRE salesgirls are poorly trained or even not trained at all. There is no compensation whatsoever, to my knowledge ever existed for the Regent or other condo developments that I have looked into in Bkk. I do not recall of compensation clause in any of the contracts. However, Thailand condominium law requires developers to refund the deposit plus 7.5% per annum interest if the condos didnt get built/transferred to buyers and if the developers are not bankrupt, that is!

:o The salesgirl must have done a pretty job in deceiving potential customers indeed! Sucks.

Months ago, another poster announced grandly that his condo developer offered him compensation for every month that the condo was late. Doing the math, if the condo was one-year late, the condo price would be reduced all of 5%. Not exactly a gravy train.

Months ago, another poster announced grandly that his condo developer offered him compensation for every month that the condo was late. Doing the math, if the condo was one-year late, the condo price would be reduced all of 5%. Not exactly a gravy train.

:o wouldn't mind a discount of 5 to 10 percent discount for a one year delay. i am quite sure amarak will get his/her condo by mid to end of 2008 imo.

:o wouldn't mind a discount of 5 to 10 percent discount for a one year delay. i am quite sure amarak will get his/her condo by mid to end of 2008 imo.

Yep! You'll get a real nice compensation set meal..............

Tom Youm Goong, Pineapple rice, chicken with cashew nuts and mango with sticky rice..........Compliments of the Regent Hotel......That is, once its completely built and the coffee house is open :D

:D

:D wouldn't mind a discount of 5 to 10 percent discount for a one year delay. i am quite sure amarak will get his/her condo by mid to end of 2008 imo.

Tom Youm Goong, Pineapple rice, chicken with cashew nuts and mango with sticky rice..........Compliments of the Regent Hotel......That is, once its completely built and the coffee house is open :D

hello naturalpoints....

i will gladly accept a free tom youm goong in the finished regents hotel... followed by a shower in my finished condo....

i dont think much else will be free..

would be interested to know if anyone has any compensation details though...

:D wouldn't mind a discount of 5 to 10 percent discount for a one year delay. i am quite sure amarak will get his/her condo by mid to end of 2008 imo.

hello naturalpoints....

i will gladly accept a free tom youm goong in the finished regents hotel... followed by a shower in my finished condo....

:D Yah, i would like to stuff all the delicious tom yum goong down mr naturalpoint's throat. :D

Saw the progress of the regent in skyscrapercity, and i must say, work is progressing pretty well. But, as i mentioned earlier, due to the massisve construction involved, this project will finish by 2008. Period. :D

hello naturalpoints....

:D Yah, i would like to stuff all the delicious tom yum goong down mr naturalpoint's throat. :D

compensation to an individual buyer for delay of completion (with no provision in the sales contract for sure) :D ... that's really funny :D:o someone is living is dreamland :D

looks like it will only be a 1 or 2 year delay so in the long term its not that bad.... hopefully it remains a Regent brand....not sure cause it will be flipped for profit by the new owner (Lehman Bros.)

compensation to an individual buyer for delay of completion (with no provision in the sales contract for sure) :D ... that's really funny :D:D someone is living is dreamland :D

looks like it will only be a 1 or 2 year delay so in the long term its not that bad.... hopefully it remains a Regent brand....not sure cause it will be flipped for profit by the new owner (Lehman Bros.)

True mate............Merlion is living in dreamland.........Actually in a land free for all. Compensation.......Ha! ha! Ha!

:D:D

compensation to an individual buyer for delay of completion (with no provision in the sales contract for sure) :D ... that's really funny :D:D someone is living is dreamland :D

True mate............Merlion is living in dreamland.........Actually in a land free for all. Compensation.......Ha! ha! Ha!

:D:D

:D Just woke up from my wonderful dreamland with lots of tom yum koong to eat, yum yum, absolutely delicious. luckily naturalpoint wasn't there to ruin the fun. :D

compensation to an individual buyer for delay of completion (with no provision in the sales contract for sure) :D ... that's really funny :D:o someone is living is dreamland :D

That was Sansiri, and they build it into the sale agreement.

If it isn't in the sale agrement, then my guess is you are SOL.

I bet Regent is completed after the new low cost terminal which hasn't even started construction at the still unfinished airport is complete.

hi all..

there is now no doubt that this project has moved on dramatically in the last few weeks....

progress is very fast indeed and going at the current pace the superstructure should be finished in around 11 months time.. so maybe july 2007, then 6 more months to fit the place out?????

regards

hi all..

there is now no doubt that this project has moved on dramatically in the last few weeks....

progress is very fast indeed and going at the current pace the superstructure should be finished in around 11 months time.. so maybe july 2007, then 6 more months to fit the place out?????

regards

amarka :D

:o Saw the Regent's construction thread from skyscraper city, and I must say it is progressing fast and furious. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have just such a contract with Sansiri. I am not looking for a gravy train but a unit completed in a timely fashion and as contracted - I can grandly announce that is what I am getting...

A lifetime gravy train would be to have late fee agreement with the Trendy :o

Edited by sfokevin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hi all..

regards

I signed up and payed my deposit 12 months ago for a one bedroom on level 17, I have a 35 sqm balcony and 35 sqm of living space on the other side of Regent so I have the views of the city too.

So far I have been told 4 times completion is within 2 months, the last one was september. Its looking very good now and I think the REAL completion date will be about march.

Actually I am not too worried about the delay, lost rent is a factor though.

This is prime location and with a huge swimming pool area and new shopping centre on the lower floors they will be much sort after for rentals on completion. That whole area when developed will be transformed to 5 star living and hotel space. You can dream about 10 - 20k/m rentals, a one bedroom on the uper levels will be 30k/m MINIMUM.

Cheers guys

hi all..

regards

I signed up and payed my deposit 12 months ago for a one bedroom on level 17, I have a 35 sqm balcony and 35 sqm of living space on the other side of Regent so I have the views of the city too.

So far I have been told 4 times completion is within 2 months, the last one was september. Its looking very good now and I think the REAL completion date will be about march.

This is prime location and with a huge swimming pool area and new shopping centre on the lower floors they will be much sort after for rentals on completion. That whole area when developed will be transformed to 5 star living and hotel space. You can dream about 10 - 20k/m rentals, a one bedroom on the uper levels will be 30k/m MINIMUM.

Cheers guys

real completion date will be what? March? are you talking '08 or '09? As for 30K 1br rentals; there will be enormous supply on mkt when it finally opens. Everyone knows this. Soi 11 has 3 brand new high rise condos soon to be ready and of course the Trendy. I suspect that those minimum 30K condos will have loads and loads of vacancies

hi all..

regards

Cheers guys

real completion date will be what? March? are you talking '08 or '09? As for 30K 1br rentals; there will be enormous supply on mkt when it finally opens. Everyone knows this. Soi 11 has 3 brand new high rise condos soon to be ready and of course the Trendy. I suspect that those minimum 30K condos will have loads and loads of vacancies

A quick search for new or near new condo rentals in Sukumvit areas reveiled nothing sub 20K/m...have a look. As a matter of fact the cheapest 1 bedroom I came accross was 30k and it was 1 Km from the BTS.

A guy I know who owns a language school who bought on the same level as me has allready offered me a long term rental contrcat to use as his office.

If there is a comparable property in the same area for under 30k/m please give me the link, I would like to check it out.

Cheers again

Allow me to clarify. I know that you cannot find 20K apts advertised. The adverts are all at top dollar and these landlords will not budge much more than 5%. They don't care how many vacancies they have or how long it takes to find that big spender. I've been living smack in the middle of the area for 5 years and I know this full well. But what's going to happen when all these projects get completed is that there will be an enormous oversupply so I suspect a huge number of vacancies with the same hard nosed landlords who hold prices firm regardless.