Buying Bus Tickets, But Not At The Terminal

bendejo

Is there a way to buy bus tickets in Bangkok without having to go out to Mo Chit, Sai Tai Mai, etc?

Now that they issue electronically printed tickets (as opposed to hand-written paper chits) I would think it allows them to have several issuing sites. Or even online?

I recently bought a train ticket online, was impressed with how well the whole process went, even with my overseas credit card.

I used to do it with Nakornchai Air all the time, phone them book a seat at a certain time / date and they gave me a number with which I went to 7/11 and paid, then on the date / time of departure I showed up at the Bus Terminal with the Bill from 7/11.

No idea about online booking.

Not as convenient as Nakhonchai Air and their 7/11 payment option, but The Transport Company (great name!) does a similar thing, giving you a code over the phone which you use to pay for your ticket with at any Thai Ticket Major. Trouble is they don't speak English.

Phone number for bookings: 1490

www.transport.co.th (also no English language)

I used to do it with Nakornchai Air all the time, phone them book a seat at a certain time / date and they gave me a number with which I went to 7/11 and paid, then on the date / time of departure I showed up at the Bus Terminal with the Bill from 7/11.

No idea about online booking.

What number did you call to get through to NCA? I tried booking on the phone last year, but couldn't get through. Don't remember what number I called though.

Thanks for the replies.

I've heard that you can now buy any ticket at any terminal, eg you can go to Mo Chit and buy a ticket from Sai Tai Mai to Hua Hin. I have trouble believing this, but I'll see if there is any truth to it next time I'm at a terminal.

http://home.transport.co.th/th/2011-09-29-10-09-37/2011-09-29-10-14-23.html

Google Translate

Ticket and reservation number. PDF. | Print |. E-mail.

Ticket information and reservations call:.

Reservations. 02-793-8111.

Call Center. The Transport 1490

North 02-936-2852-66 per 614, 325.

02-936-2841-48 per 614, 325.

Northeast. 02-936-2852-66 to 605.

02-936-2841-48 to 605.

02-936-0657.

Ports to the south. 02-537-0291.

South 02-422-4444.

East. 02-391-6846.

Bus information please contact:.

North 02-936-2852-66 per 442, 311.

02-936-2841-48 per 442, 311.

Northeast. 02-936-2852-66 per 448, 611.

02-936-2841-48 per 448, 611.

Ports to the south. 02-936-2852-66 per 331, 442.

02-936-2841-48 per 331, 442.

South 02-894-6122.

East. 02-391-2504, 02-391-8097.

Condition :.

A. Tickets are modified by scraping the black void if you do not have to travel.

2. 60-day advance purchase tickets for the trip was the first time within 30 days of travel.

3. The trip must be taken to promote travel to the employee for the first time the ticket is issued no less than three hours, or will be taking the right

to travel on it. Non-refundable ticket.

4. The return ticket. Must be taken to refund of ticket sales for the first time out at least 3 hours, or shall be deemed waived.

5. Buy tickets in advance to pick up the date, time and number of passengers at the ticket

6. The phone book will be a ticket within 6 hours from the phone book company does not accept reservations by phone, first time out for 6 hours.

7. passengers to carry the baggage to be not more than 2 pieces, total weight not exceeding 20 kg.

8. ., the Company will be responsible for damage to a luggage deposit. And a label. According to the company. In the amount not exceeding 1,000 baht

and is not responsible. Damage to or loss of any valuables to carry passengers. Baggage or passenger

left on the shelf or in the car.

You can buy / Ticket Bus Station is located at Biss-Tel's leading department stores:.

Future Park. Rangsit. ,. Fashion Island. ,. Today. ,. Seacon Square should. Lahore,. Yes, some troops. no,. VTS beach.

Lotus. Branch: Ram, Sathorn, Rama 1, Rangsit - Klong 4 in Pathumthani, Bang, Bang, Newark city, Prague.

Store. Branch: Suksawat, Nonthaburi, principals, Rangsit - Klong 6.

Carrefour. Branch: Bangkok.

Central. Branch: Length, Rama 3, Pinklao, Rama 2.

Mall. Branch: Great, Phra, Bang, Bang.

www.transport.co.th www.adtechs.co.th.

Ticket details / buy tickets from Thai Ticket Major. :.

Reservations. Customers can book tickets two days before departing for Transport and the customer can choose to pay through the following channels.

- Payment Counter Service must be paid within 5 days after receiving your payment

- a payment by debit credit card

- payment via bank Bangkok + box ATM.

- payments through ATM machine of Thai Farmers Bank.

Purchase Customers can purchase bus tickets prior to departure and close the sale within 60 days, 7 hours before the bus leaves.

Recovery. - Customers can return the bus to the bus and enjoy the work out under the previous 6 hour

(paid in cash and return here. The cash back immediately).

- Customers can return bus tickets at Thai Ticket Major 13 branches before exit 6 hour

(night here. After transfer) credit card. Limit on the card is returned.

** 10% of the fee charged.

The ticket. - Customers can change the ticket at the point of coordination Chit bus line under

- you can change the ticket at Thai Ticket Major 13 branch

- you can change the ticket at the Major EGV every branch

- customers can take to change a ticket. The AIS and Lake County.

** for a ticket of 20 baht

Thai Ticket Major. There are 13 branches.

Headquarters Thai Ticket Major, Thailand Ratchadalai theater. S. Win, Theatre, King Power Aksara.

Central Chidlom, Central LA I Lat, Central Plaza Pinklao, Central City Bangna.

Central World, Siam Paragon City's Cineplex, Major Cineplex Ratchayothin nice.

Neil Major Cineplex Rangsit, M Theatre,. Center Point Playhouse, Central World.

• 8 months later...

Visit Pombai (pombai dot com) to book bus tickets online in Thailand. It's relatively new site started in 2012 and not every route is available yet. More popular bus routes for tourists (like Bangkok to Pattaya) are available and can be easily purchased with credit cards like MasterCard, Visa or even PayPal.