Thailand Elite Card: TAT Hopes To Present Revamped Project To Cabinet By End Of May

webfact

1000 new members per-year is just a slight reduction, on former-PM Thaksin's original target of a million lifetime-members, isn't it ? wink.png

And the sort of people who've made a million of their own, don't necessarily fall for government-funded flim-flam, or marketing-scams IME.

It's not necessarily "being negative about everything here in this site", to draw upon one's own successful business-experience, and point out the potential-flaws in this TRT Elite (sic) Card Scheme. It is rather taking a more-realistic view of things.

We've posted repeatedly what aspects of the Scheme are unattractive, and where their pricing is way way out, this is being positive and trying to rescue the Scam Scheme, if only Thaksin & chums could learn from their potential-customers !

But surveying the market, and designing a product to meet the actual demand, rather than blindly continuing to pour money down the drain to promote a failed-product to an uncaring world, seems to be the only way they can imagine ? Never mind, it's only public-money, after all ! laugh.png

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1000 new members per-year is just a slight reduction, on former-PM Thaksin's original target of a million lifetime-members, isn't it ? wink.png

And the sort of people who've made a million of their own, don't necessarily fall for government-funded flim-flam, or marketing-scams IME.

It's not necessarily "being negative about everything here in this site", to draw upon one's own successful business-experience, and point out the potential-flaws in this TRT Elite (sic) Card Scheme. It is rather taking a more-realistic view of things.

We've posted repeatedly what aspects of the Scheme are unattractive, and where their pricing is way way out, this is being positive and trying to rescue the Scam Scheme, if only Thaksin & chums could learn from their potential-customers !

But surveying the market, and designing a product to meet the actual demand, rather than blindly continuing to pour money down the drain to promote a failed-product to an uncaring world, seems to be the only way they can imagine ? Never mind, it's only public-money, after all ! laugh.png

I believe in the last 30 minutes they have added another incentive to join the new an improved TE scheme......sign up in the next 24 hours for the New TE card and you will receive a complementary plastic boat to help you reach the golf courses and massages around Ayutthaya

I believe in the last 30 minutes they have added another incentive to join the new an improved TE scheme......sign up in the next 24 hours for the New TE card and you will receive a complementary plastic boat to help you reach the golf courses and massages around Ayutthaya

Plus free use of the new Ayutthaya water-polo club, I understand ? wink.pnglaugh.png

See ... we're being more-positive, already ! tongue.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

TAT files elite card plan

http://www.ttrweekly...lite-card-plan/

Another fantstic plan has been devised:

According to reliable sources, the business plan outlines TPC’s claims that it can attract 4,000 new members under a four-year plan that could generate Bt3.5 billion.

Initially, new cardholders will get a 15-year membership instead of lifetime as in the past. The membership fee will be set at Bt100,000 per year, paid up front for the 15-year duration. It makes the card Bt500,000 more expensive than the original offer that failed to fly.

Let's see, the first plan failed with a lifetime membership of only 1 million baht and now they offer a 15 year membership for "only" 1.5 million baht. I think I will consider buying two.

Perhaps a new motto: LOS-Land of Stupid

Edited by aguy30

According to reliable sources, the business plan outlines TPC’s claims that it can attract 4,000 new members under a four-year plan that could generate Bt3.5 billion.

Initially, new cardholders will get a 15-year membership instead of lifetime as in the past. The membership fee will be set at Bt100,000 per year, paid up front for the 15-year duration. It makes the card Bt500,000 more expensive than the original offer that failed to fly.

Let's see, the first plan failed with a lifetime membership of only 1 million baht and now they offer a 15 year membership for "only" 1.5 million baht. I think I will consider buying two.

So the privileges now appear to be being driven around everywhere ( selected bars, restaurants, gold shops etc) in a limo and a five year visa. You'd think for 1.5 million baht they'd at least throw in an evening with Yingluck or something.

Edited by bigbamboo

You gotta laugh at the journos sometimes. From the link to the new card info above. Love the last line.

"Even today the Thailand Elite Card  has a spacious meet-and-greet service office at Suvarnabhumi Airport in a prime location close to the Tourist Police. Around five staff dressed in traditional Thai costume stay at the office, although there appears to be no apparent reason for their presence."

• Like 2

We are now introducing the Thailand Low So Card (aka the: Cheap Charlie Card) to compete with the overpriced Thailand “Elite” card. Included in this great bargain is to start with a cramped transportation from the airport on the new Airport link to the closest “Green bus” stop (you have to figure out yourself the bus Nr. That will take you to Khao San Rd.) Other amazing offers included in this card are: a 25 Satang discount on Beer Chang at all Seven eleven shops and a free seat outside on sofas made of concrete, a crash course how to sneak into Grand Palace and all national parks without paying the Farang price, an entertainment guide to places without con artists and hookers (very hard to find these days) All this can yours for only 99 THB and is valid for life (not the typical round the corner Thai lifespan that the other card got) In the soon future we will include a guide to how to avoid investing in a company you can only own 49% of and how to politely avoid business proposals from wealthy Thai Chinese (aka as Hi-So’s).

• Like 1

You still don't het the Thai Business Sense, do you.

When you start a project, like the Thai Elite Card, you provide a business plan same as everywhere in the world.

Only difference with Thailand and the rest of the world is, that if you don't reach the projected revenue because there are no interested parties, you rise the price and lower the benefits so you need less participants to reach the same revenue.

If it still doesn't work out by the first degrade, continue this practice untill you reach the point that you need only one dumb ass to make your day year .

1.5 million baht = $48,859.93

1,500 x 1,000 baHT trips to or from the airport

Oh wait you get 48,000 on limo fees

or 441 rounds at Burapha golf course weekend greens fee,

caddy, golf cart @ 3,400 baht

Work visa for one year x 5 30,000 baht or $1,000

minmum tax paid on minimal company

1500-3000 a month depending on country of residence

worst case 36,000 +say 20,000 for auditing and taxes each year.

86,000 baht for keeping a company afloat, your taxes, and visa run fees.

Call it 100k.

So you are about the same place, but no work permit so no work,

and you only get no visa runs to do.

Unless you area golf fanatic you get to

pay about 1,500,000 for a bit more than 100,000 of services.

But then you get that same amount in yearly maintenance fee.

But you pay 100,000 a year times 15 years....

another 1,500,000 baht

so 3,000.000 baht for a few discounts and things you could easily pay for

and be able to work and still have plenty of change left over.

Oh but you get to wave the card about and impress friends who don't know better.

"Membership Has It's Privileges"... like a nice face making ego sop...

but value is in the eye or ego of the beholder

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

We are now introducing the Thailand Low So Card (aka the: Cheap Charlie Card) to compete with the overpriced Thailand “Elite” card. Included in this great bargain is to start with a cramped transportation from the airport on the new Airport link to the closest “Green bus” stop (you have to figure out yourself the bus Nr. That will take you to Khao San Rd.) Other amazing offers included in this card are: a 25 Satang discount on Beer Chang at all Seven eleven shops and a free seat outside on sofas made of concrete, a crash course how to sneak into Grand Palace and all national parks without paying the Farang price, an entertainment guide to places without con artists and hookers (very hard to find these days) All this can yours for only 99 THB and is valid for life (not the typical round the corner Thai lifespan that the other card got) In the soon future we will include a guide to how to avoid investing in a company you can only own 49% of and how to politely avoid business proposals from wealthy Thai Chinese (aka as Hi-So’s).

You should add a free bottle of water for each visa run...

Oh wait you get 48,000 on limo ...

Bla, bla bla, ...

bla, bla, bla... (headache)

Work? blink.png Why? blink.png

Not sure who you reply to, but, for my part, the reason I bought this card (and I am an early member, thank god) is precisely because I do not need to work, don't want to set up a fake company, don't want to have a real one either, don't want to do visa runs, etc...

And no, I also don't qualify for a retirement visa, would not even think of a student visa, marry a Thai girl (THAT would be a real expensive option whistling.gif), overtsay, ...

If I had to go through all those zig zags to enjoy Thailand, then I would decide to be in another country for sure. So, for me, and many other people, the TE program is a real great idea.

It is now years and years that TV members come up with all sorts of calculations to prove this or that (not sure what finally).

You want to know my calculation? 1 million (at that time) or 1.5 million is a real bargain for the peace of mind TE provides me (and I only use the visa and the dept/arr assistance at the airport, nothing else).

And, you, and loads TV members, most probably won't believe this one; 1 million is a negligible amount for many people in today's world...

I love TE (and the TE threads on TV biggrin.png )

Oh wait you get 48,000 on limo ...

Bla, bla bla, ...

bla, bla, bla... (headache)

Work? blink.png Why? blink.png

Not sure who you reply to, but, for my part, the reason I bought this card (and I am an early member, thank god) is precisely because I do not need to work, don't want to set up a fake company, don't want to have a real one either, don't want to do visa runs, etc...

And no, I also don't qualify for a retirement visa, would not even think of a student visa, marry a Thai girl (THAT would be a real expensive option whistling.gif), overtsay, ...

If I had to go through all those zig zags to enjoy Thailand, then I would decide to be in another country for sure. So, for me, and many other people, the TE program is a real great idea.

It is now years and years that TV members come up with all sorts of calculations to prove this or that (not sure what finally).

You want to know my calculation? 1 million (at that time) or 1.5 million is a real bargain for the peace of mind TE provides me (and I only use the visa and the dept/arr assistance at the airport, nothing else).

And, you most probably can't believe this one; 1 million is a negligible amount for many people in today's world...

I love TE (and the TE threads on TV biggrin.png )

• Like 1

Call it 100k.

another 1,500,000 baht

Oh but you get to wave the card about and impress friends who don't know better.

Your numberexercises ar as fascinating as they are wrong!whistling.gif Or is it about readingskills? 15x100k/yearly prepaid is in my mathbook 1.5M, and NOT 3M!!coffee1.gif

Bought my card 2003 and instead of keeping 800k sitting in a almost no interest bankaccount, to qualify for retirement extensions, I put the money into my SET tradingaccount, so just by following index, my card has actually cost me nothing!clap2.gif And during that period of time, NO visa headache, my current visa expires 2016. So maybe, just maybe not so stupid after all?? I don't understand the fascionation by all the non cardholders with TE. Envy??

I don't post on the teaching forum here to tell teachers they are stupid to work for peanuts, as little as I don't post on the farming forum to tell rubberfarmers, they are wasting their time!! sad.png

So please leave the TE threads here to the actual cardholders, even if you happen to think we are idiots.

And NO you don't have to leave to stonetable and go to your 10/bath an hour internetcafe to reply. I know already thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Call it 100k.

another 1,500,000 baht

Your numberexercises ar as fascinating as they are wrong!whistling.gif Or is it about readingskills? 15x100k/yearly prepaid is in my mathbook 1.5M, and NOT 3M!!coffee1.gif

Bought my card 2003 and instead of keeping 800k sitting in a almost no interest bankaccount, to qualify for retirement extensions, I put the money into my SET tradingaccount, so just by following index, my card has actually cost me nothing!clap2.gif And during that period of time, NO visa headache, my current visa expires 2016. So maybe, just maybe not so stupid after all?? I don't understand the fascionation by all the non cardholders with TE. Envy??

I don't post on the teaching forum here to tell teachers they are stupid to work for peanuts, as little as I don't post on the farming forum to tell rubberfarmers, they are wasting their time!! sad.png

So please leave the TE threads here to the actual cardholders, even if you happen to think we are idiots.

And NO you don't have to leave to stonetable and go to your 10/bath an hour internetcafe to reply. I know already thumbsup.gif

Talking about numbers.

If you really bought your card anno 2003, then how your visa can expire 2016?

2003 + 5 + 5 = 2013 in my book. And maybe you could also explain how you could put the money that you paid to The Elite card in your Trading account at the same time.

Call it 100k.

another 1,500,000 baht

Talking about numbers.

If you really bought your card anno 2003, then how your visa can expire 2016?

2003 + 5 + 5 = 2013 in my book. And maybe you could also explain how you could put the money that you paid to The Elite card in your Trading account at the same time.

maybe he got a new passport part way through the visa so he got a new 5 year visa in his new passport! What's the big deal?

I've heard of shifting the goal posts before but from 1,000,000 new members making 1,000,000,000,000.00 Baht in 5 years down to 4,000 new members in making 3.5 billion in 4 years seems to be shifting the entire stadium.... blink.pnghuh.png

Thailand Elite Card, the brainchild of former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is TPC's sole owner

the goal was to attract a million subscribers in five years for revenue of 1 trillion baht.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4383836

Nearly there with your brainchild Ponzi Scheme, Thaksin.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Buchholz

^^ Nope,when you get a new passport a visa get's transferred to it.The big deal is that someone might be making up a story.

or maybe he didn't need one for a couple of years so it lapsed then he renewed again what's the big deal?

The big deal is that there are as many members on this forum who claim to have purchased a Elite card , as there are actually sold.

^^ Nope,when you get a new passport a visa get's transferred to it.The big deal is that someone might be making up a story.

or maybe he didn't need one for a couple of years so it lapsed then he renewed again what's the big deal?

or he changed his nationality and passport eg uk to Irish (happens more than one would think) in which case he would get a new 5 year visa in his new passport

The big deal is that there are as many members on this forum who claim to have purchased a Elite card , as there are actually sold.

again my question: so what? Edited by wordchild

To me, it seems you make a big deal out of nothing... And for someone who does not have the card you seem to have more knowledge than the members themselves...

The TE visa is renewed each time you get a new passport. The validity of the TE visa corresponds with the validity of the passport, which in my country is 5years. My visa expires mid 2015. What a dream this visa rolleyes.gif

I love TE (and the tenacity of the TE haters clap2.gif )

It was only because at the time I was a grade A procrastinator that I didn't buy a TE card back in 2003 ish. It was a brilliant idea and at the time with the exchange rate was a real snip of a price. I couldn't make my mind up if I wanted an individual card or a company card, the benefits were excellent. When I was looking at buying one of the benefits was a guaranteed meeting with a Government Minister to discuss your business interests, that on its own was worth the fee to a serious businessman. Sadly I didn't buy and then the benefits started trickling away. It is something I regret not doing on the spur of the moment when I had the leaflet in my hand many years ago. Well done to those that did. Bugger another run to Penang for a visa soon!

1.5 mil down and 5 years at 100k is 2 mil.

times 15 years is 1.5 mil + 1.5 mil = 3 mil.

No matter how you do the numbers it is not a good deal.

If you don't work you miss 4 visa runs. whoopee

I like the vissa runs to just get out of the house

and see a bit of asia and break the routine.

coffee1.gif ..it seems nothing ever changes....same old stories..same comments by the same people who have nothing else to do...coffee1.gif ..amazing how little one misses if you stay away for a looong time....whistling.gif

It's like going to the local bar back home after many years and guess what tongue.png ..same guys still sitting there..nothing changed.

Same same hererolleyes.gif