How'S He Get Away With It?

Soi Sauce

Why ain't he in jail?

Why do assaults on a football pitch have immunity?

If I did that at work, in a bar, on the street, I'd be locked up.

Meanwhile, John Terry is in court for racism and Barton has done a 6 month stretch for assault, as the Totnam fans would say, already!

Beyond ridiculous.

Now he has increased his notoriety,he will have the numerous radio football phone in shows,bashing his door down to feed the appetite of the neanderthals that listen to such crap.Along with idiots like Chris Kamara,Andy Gray and Robbie Savage,he will be in exalted company.Talking of which,I can just see Barton twirling and pirouetting around the dance floor now.

Now he has increased his notoriety,he will have the numerous radio football phone in shows,bashing his door down to feed the appetite of the neanderthals that listen to such crap.Along with idiots like Chris Kamara,Andy Gray and Robbie Savage,he will be in exalted company.Talking of which,I can just see Barton twirling and pirouetting around the dance floor now.

In a show to be renamed "Come Fighting".

Assaults committed on sports fields are subject to the law, as I recall Duncan Ferguson was jailed in Scotland for an assault he committed during a game. It would seem to be under the jurisdiction of Manchester Police, if charges are brought against Barton, as the incident happened in their area.

What concerns me, as a football fan, is Barton's claim that a fellow team member advised him to try and take a City player with him, once he had been shown the red card, which Barton claimed, was the reason he assaulted Aguero and other City players. For me, this type of behaviour must be stopped, before it becomes commonplace. The FA must investigate this, and demand that Barton names the player who said this, and then takes action against that player. It may be that Barton is either lying or trying to avoid taking the blame, but an investigation must get to the truth of this matter.

As I understand it, a red card has several possible options:- the recipient is banned for several games, or can appeal and possibly have the red card decision overturned, or have the ban reduced, (as happened with Wayne Rooney for England).

It may be time to introduce other options to this, for example if a player acts in a similar way to Barton, assaulting other players while leaving the field of play,then an additional ban is introduced, for 5 games, and that ban cannot be contested.

QPR should sack him, and put an end to his antics, once and for all.

Assaults committed on sports fields are subject to the law, as I recall Duncan Ferguson was jailed in Scotland for an assault he committed during a game. It would seem to be under the jurisdiction of Manchester Police, if charges are brought against Barton, as the incident happened in their area.

What concerns me, as a football fan, is Barton's claim that a fellow team member advised him to try and take a City player with him, once he had been shown the red card, which Barton claimed, was the reason he assaulted Aguero and other City players. For me, this type of behaviour must be stopped, before it becomes commonplace. The FA must investigate this, and demand that Barton names the player who said this, and then takes action against that player. It may be that Barton is either lying or trying to avoid taking the blame, but an investigation must get to the truth of this matter.

As I understand it, a red card has several possible options:- the recipient is banned for several games, or can appeal and possibly have the red card decision overturned, or have the ban reduced, (as happened with Wayne Rooney for England).

It may be time to introduce other options to this, for example if a player acts in a similar way to Barton, assaulting other players while leaving the field of play,then an additional ban is introduced, for 5 games, and that ban cannot be contested.

I dont know of a single arrest of similar cases in England... (Ferguson was in Scotland when arrested)

First of all in order for the police to make an arrest, they would need a complainant, (in this case Aguero would need to make a statement and make a formal complaint), Footballers cant be bothered, and then the case goes to court etc etc.

I remember a few years ago Barton absolutely battered one of his team mates on the training ground (Ousman Dabo)... left him with serious facial injuries.

He was arrested for that as Dabo did make a formal statement. That was the reason City got rid of him... but at the end of the day he only received a suspended jail sentence... the guy is a complete nutter!!

I dont know of a single arrest of similar cases in England... (Ferguson was in Scotland when arrested)

First of all in order for the police to make an arrest, they would need a complainant, (in this case Aguero would need to make a statement and make a formal complaint), Footballers cant be bothered, and then the case goes to court etc etc.

I remember a few years ago Barton absolutely battered one of his team mates on the training ground (Ousman Dabo)... left him with serious facial injuries.

He was arrested for that as Dabo did make a formal statement. That was the reason City got rid of him... but at the end of the day he only received a suspended jail sentence... the guy is a complete nutter!!

What about those that employ him ?bah.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

What concerns me, as a football fan, is Barton's claim that a fellow team member advised him to try and take a City player with him, once he had been shown the red card, which Barton claimed, was the reason he assaulted Aguero and other City players.

i didn't believe that for a minute. that was barton just trying to pass the buck on to someone else for his own mindless idiocy.

then of course he's on twitter telling everyone what a misunderstood lad he is while quoting smiths lyrics. he's a moron. QPR should sack him but they won't 'cos it'd cost them a bundle of money.

I dont know of a single arrest of similar cases in England...

Cantona was sent off by the referee for a kick on Palace defender Richard Shaw after Shaw had pulled his shirt. As he was walking towards the tunnel, Cantona launched a 'kung-<deleted>' style kick into the crowd, directed at Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons, followed by a series of punches.[16]

Cantona was arrested and convicted for assault, resulting in a two week prison sentence. This was overturned in the appeal court and instead he was sentenced to 120 hours of community service.

Apologies for replying this way, for some reason the Quote and Multiquote buttons don't work for me, possibly because I'm using Firefox ??

@ yermanee (nice pic by the way ), if QPR were to press charges against one of their own players, I'd imagine that they would have great difficulty getting new signings in the future, which I assume is what you meant. Better for them, from a business and moral point of view, to either suspend him, and give him a massive fine, and a final warning as to his future conduct, or be really brave, and just sack him outright.

@ StevieH, I don't believe Barton's claim either, but I still think the FA need to carry out a full investigation, and put in new rules to prevent a possible re-occurence in the future, footballers in general aren't bright, but they are street wise.

@ cardholder, I think that mitigating circumstances (Cantona had been racially abused by the Palace fan), led to a reduction in the sentence.

Barton is a serial lunatic. I seem to remember him attacking a young Thai boy, when he was on tour here with Everton, and he also put a cigarette out on someone's face as well, if my memory is correct. Being a footballer ( and a very average one at that), should not exclude him from the law, I hope that the FA throws the book at him, and if his club try to defend him, at them also.

Apologies for replying this way, for some reason the Quote and Multiquote buttons don't work for me, possibly because I'm using Firefox ??

@ yermanee (nice pic by the way ), if QPR were to press charges against one of their own players, I'd imagine that they would have great difficulty getting new signings in the future, which I assume is what you meant. Better for them, from a business and moral point of view, to either suspend him, and give him a massive fine, and a final warning as to his future conduct, or be really brave, and just sack him outright.

@ StevieH, I don't believe Barton's claim either, but I still think the FA need to carry out a full investigation, and put in new rules to prevent a possible re-occurence in the future, footballers in general aren't bright, but they are street wise.

@ cardholder, I think that mitigating circumstances (Cantona had been racially abused by the Palace fan), led to a reduction in the sentence.

Barton is a serial lunatic. I seem to remember him attacking a young Thai boy, when he was on tour here with Everton, and he also put a cigarette out on someone's face as well, if my memory is correct. Being a footballer ( and a very average one at that), should not exclude him from the law, I hope that the FA throws the book at him, and if his club try to defend him, at them also.

Thanks for your reply and for the compliment re my avatar.

What I meant was that Barton's behavior and violent temperament are well known in the football world.

Why oh why contract him in the first place unless you want him to influence your opponents with his violence and fear thereof. (remember Gervinho ?)

The people that employ such a disgraceful person knowingly are as much to blame as him in my book.

But that's just me.

Yermaneewai.gif

Edited by yermanee

Cantona was sent off by the referee for a kick on Palace defender Richard Shaw after Shaw had pulled his shirt. As he was walking towards the tunnel, Cantona launched a 'kung-<deleted>' style kick into the crowd, directed at Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons, followed by a series of punches.[16]

Cantona was arrested and convicted for assault, resulting in a two week prison sentence. This was overturned in the appeal court and instead he was sentenced to 120 hours of community service.

He was convicted of assaulting the spectator, NOT another footballer. The spectator pressed charges.

My point was that fellow footballers will not file charges regarding on field behaviour.

My poin

Thanks for your reply and for the compliment re my avatar.

What I meant was that Barton's behavior and violent temperament are well known in the football world.

Why oh why contract him in the first place unless you want him to influence your opponents with his violence and fear thereof. (remember Gervinho ?)

The people that employ such a disgraceful person knowingly are as much to blame as him in my book.

But that's just me.

Yermaneewai.gif

Good point. You are not as stupid as i thought. biggrin.png

He was convicted of assaulting the spectator, NOT another footballer. The spectator pressed charges.

My point was that fellow footballers will not file charges regarding on field behaviour.

My poin

The evidence is clearly there for all to see. If the Manchester constabulary had any balls they would charge him on the strength of that.

@ yermanee (sorry STILL can't get the quote to work !

Your post number 11. I agree with you, the employers, or possibly more accurately the managers who have signed Barton, are as much to blame as the player himself. He was obviously bought by Neil Warnock, with the intention of having a player who could intimidate the opposition, as it was fairly obvious that QPR were going to be in the lower regions of the Premier League, following their promotion. Some managers like this type of player in their team, (Martin O'Neill with Neil Lennon, and now Lee Cattermole and James MacLean at Sunderland), Arsene Wenger with Patrick Vieira, Alex Song, and personally I think Jack Wilshere is a nasty piece of work too. There are others, and indeed this has gone on for many years. I can remember Tommy Docherty, when he was at Aston Villa, and they were deep in the relegation mire in Division 2, signing Trevor Hockey, who's sole "talent" as a footballer, seemed to be kicking as many opponents as he could ! They did escape relegation, so I would imagine that, as afar as Docherty was concerned, the end justified the means.

Barton though adds a whole new dimension to the role of "the clogger", he's just as liable to assault one of his own players, (as he has done in the past), as an opponent. It is obvious that whatever psychological treatment he has had, for his past misdemeanours, hasn't worked. Being jailed for previous offences, also hasn't worked. I think it would be advisable for his employers, QPR, to sack him, if he hasn't learned lessons from his past by now, he never will. He is a liability, always has been, and anyone who signs him deserves what they get.

Harsh?

What with his previous!

You are having a laugh right......i would love to give him a good hiding myself.

course you would. apart from the fact that he'd slap you silly.

his 'previous' should have nothing to do with it. it isn't a court of law, it isn't a civil case, it's a sporting misdemeanour. ben thatcher got 8 matches for assaulting pedro mendes and leaving him unconscious. barton should have got 4 for the elbow on tevez, maybe another 4 for the pretty cowardly kick on aguero and that's probably it. rest of it after that was the usual handbags.

oh not that i mind of course, remembering that it was his idiocy that gave city the extra 5 minutes they needed to win the league. or is that where your bluster is coming from?

Harsh?

What with his previous!

You are having a laugh right......i would love to give him a good hiding myself.

course you would. apart from the fact that he'd slap you silly.

his 'previous' should have nothing to do with it. it isn't a court of law, it isn't a civil case, it's a sporting misdemeanour. ben thatcher got 8 matches for assaulting pedro mendes and leaving him unconscious. barton should have got 4 for the elbow on tevez, maybe another 4 for the pretty cowardly kick on aguero and that's probably it. rest of it after that was the usual handbags.

oh not that i mind of course, remembering that it was his idiocy that gave city the extra 5 minutes they needed to win the league. or is that where your bluster is coming from?

Ofcourse it goes without saying that i deplore violence and i'm certainly no Lenny McLean but having seen the video that earnt him time inside, its difficult to envisage the cowardly little sh1t being able to give anyone a slap. I very much doubt he'd be foolish enough to pick on someone that could throw a decent punch, which he clearly can't. He clearly couldn't pick on anyone other than a very soft target who couldn't fight or defend themself and this probably explains why he supposedly cried his way through his custodial sentence.

His references to certain lauded authors is also pitiful and embarrassing.

How long did Cantona get?

<deleted> elbowed one tried to kick another and tried to headbutt another

I won't go into what happened at Strangeways just to say he was protected and liked sniffling when the man came to call,model prisoner!! wink.png

He is a coward and slapping Stevie is for girls.

I won't go into what happened at Strangeways just to say he was protected and liked sniffling when the man came to call,model prisoner!! wink.png

Bet the incredibly hard Joey wouldn't have tried any moves on Dave Mackay. And thats saying something because the great man must be in his early seventies now!

Bet the incredibly hard Joey wouldn't have tried any moves on Dave Mackay. And thats saying something because the great man must be in his early seventies now!

I have never seen Joey Barton make a hard tackle on any of the 'tough' players

At least with past 'psychos' like Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane etc... they would have a go at anybody and everybody.

I didnt see Barton go within 10yds of De Jong in that 2nd halflaugh.png .

From a news report:-

Joey Barton will be offered professional support, says Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle.

Meanwhile, Paul Finney, from the Independent Rs QPR website, believes Barton should donate some of his wages to charity to compensate not playing for 12 games.

If players are banned, they should forfeit ALL their wages for the duration of any ban. That may make them think twice about their actions.

From a news report:-

Joey Barton will be offered professional support, says Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle.

Meanwhile, Paul Finney, from the Independent Rs QPR website, believes Barton should donate some of his wages to charity to compensate not playing for 12 games.

If players are banned, they should forfeit ALL their wages for the duration of any ban. That may make them think twice about their actions.

I agree. I would also write into their contracts a gross misconduct clause which gives the club the option of dismissing the player if he's found guilty of a serious misconduct charge by the FA or convicted of a crime by a court, the latter to be defined as to exclude minor motoring offences but to include crimes which may bring the player or the club into disrepute.

Common sense really.

• Like 1