Hi

My passport has about a page and half left and my visa application yesterday went pear shaped as my visa had run out of date before I could get the 3 month extenetion

Therefore I’ve had to take a 14 day tourist extension until I sort everything out

My question is though how long does it take too sort a new passport out via Hong Kong now

Could I get additional pages added faster and how much as my passport expires next November for the ten year, so I only really need 6-8 pages to get me through. As I would apply for a non immigrant 0 which gives me four 3 months border entry I believe

What if I send my passport off and my time in Thailand visa expires would they return too myself in Thailand to pay the overstay.

Any advise please as the old company used too sort these problems out

Regards

You cannot get additional pages for a UK Passport, you will need to apply for one via Hong Kong, can take a while, as the paperwork is handled by HKG, then the Passport is sent to you from the UK.

Also if you apply for a new passport you do not send the old one, you send a photocopy.

Edited by beano2274

1. Hong Kong indicates UK passport and no such passport allows any extra pages to be inserted.

2. Only application is made to Hong Kong - passport is processed and returned from UK and current wait seems to be about four weeks.

3. You can not obtain a 3 month extension to a non immigrant O visa so not sure what you had/have/or expect to obtain.

4. There is no 14 day tourist extension so suspect you have a 15 day visa exempt entry from land border entry.

5. Yes you will have to pay overstay if you do not obtain an emergency passport and leave on that before your current stay ends.

6. If you have Thai spouse or child obtain a 60 day extension of stay now (you have room). Make application for new passport (as said you do not send current passport). That will provide time.

7. If not 6 make a new air entry for 30 day stay.

There is the following clause in police order 777/2251

"2.28 In the case of necessity, with

certification or request made by an

embassy or consulate:

(1) In the case of necessity, each

permission shall be granted for no more

than 30 days of stay.

(2) For training only, each

permission shall be granted for no more

than 90 days of stay.

(1) Must have been confirmed and requested by the embassy or consulate.

(2) In the case of training, said alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM)."

I have suggested contacting the embassy and/or immigration to see if needing a new passport (or a lost or stolen passport) falls under this clause. It might be worth trying and if it works 1900 Baht would less costly than an overstay.

I do not think that the Embassy would be involved when it is only a renewal of a passport. An individual should know how many pages are left in their passport if legally here, as they have to do 90day reporting, or even extensions, and could carry out the process in good time, without issue.

Whereas a stolen or lost passport is a different issue altogether as a Police Report is also required, thus assisting the passport holder in the case of an overstay.

Edited by beano2274

You cannot get additional pages for a UK Passport, you will need to apply for one via Hong Kong, can take a while, as the paperwork is handled by HKG, then the Passport is sent to you from the UK.

Also if you apply for a new passport you do not send the old one, you send a photocopy.

What is the new UK passport application procedure via Hong Kong, can it be done "online" or only by postage, and what about ... application forms, sum and method of payment, the sending address, etc ... is there a webside that explains all of this, please advice

The OP could still get a emergency travel document that would help to overcome situation.

I guess OP had a tourist visa and lost second entry because he followed the extension date from Immigration and did not look at the ENTER BEFORE date on the visa.

Hi all,

A little advice

I am a British subject born in the UK, my son born to my Thai wife in Thailand.

I need to get a UK passport for him

Question, Do i need to apply for UK citizenship for the new born using the MN1 or do i just apply for the passport C1 form?

A little confusing

Thanks for any advice in advance

Astin

If you have 1 and a half pages left in your current passport then you are better off getting your visa now for the simple reason you don't have enough time to get the new passport and an overstay is not recommended. Immigration have become very strict on overstays and while a 1 or 2 day overstay at the airport would probably still only involve a quick lecture and a fine, anything over that can cause probelms and lengthy delays. I just got a new passport from HK and it took exactly 4 weeks. This is apparently the quickest it can be done these days. When you get your new visa you can then apply for a passport and it will be enough time. Take your old one and new one to immigration and they should be able to help.

Good luck mate

Hi all,

A little advice

Question, Do i need to apply for UK citizenship for the new born using the MN1 or do i just apply for the passport C1 form?

A little confusing

Astin

You have to register the child's birth prior to getting the passport. Info can be found here on embassy website http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-thailand/how-register-birth/ .

Hi all,

A little advice

A little confusing

Astin

You have to register the child's birth prior to getting the passport. Info can be found here on embassy website http://ukinthailand....register-birth/ .

Did you read that link first?

I have and it says this:

"Consular birth registrations do not confer British nationality and are not required to register your child as a British citizen or to apply for a British passport as British nationality is passed from parent to child. Your child will need to have an automatic claim to British nationality in order to register their birth.

There is no requirement for a consular birth registration to be done for any birth that has occurred overseas. The original birth certificate issued by the authorities in the country in which the birth took place, along with a notarised translation if necessary, is sufficient for all purposes in the UK (including passport applications)."

No need to register.