Euro 2012 - 1:45Am Games - Any Pubs Going To Be Open

mrireland

Heading to Bangkok and Phuket during the games, whats the chances of seeing the late 1:45am games in a pub i.e where well be able to hear the commentary on a decent telly or am i likely going to be watching it in my hotel room. Does many of the Thai channels cover these tournaments, i know they dont seem to have the champions league from what i seen probably cause there on at 2am too so wondering if that will be the case with Euro 2012 finals too?

What are you talking about

CL is on Thai TV .... many a time I set alarm to wake up to it

Usually one CL match in Thai and a 2nd one in English ...

but I digress ......

During last WC, Guliivers on Suk Soi 5 showed the late matches

Check there web site for contact number and give them a call.

Not worried if the pubs will be showing the late matches. I'm more concerned about the matches being shown in English. The last WC was almost ruined with the Thai commentary, dam_n near ruined everything.

You'll be in Bangkok, I'm very sure there will be more than a couple places showing the late matches. Walk into a couple of sports bars and ask.

Not worried if the pubs will be showing the late matches. I'm more concerned about the matches being shown in English. The last WC was almost ruined with the Thai commentary, dam_n near ruined everything.

You'll be in Bangkok, I'm very sure there will be more than a couple places showing the late matches. Walk into a couple of sports bars and ask.

Try the UK. I'm pretty sure the commentaries will be in English.

Nah, that might work for you but I find that if you have to leave the Kingdom for English commentary Malaysia or Singapore will be a way lot cheaper.

Another typical "if you don't like it go home" response. Why do you even waste your time? Does it make you feel like more of a man? Pathetic!

Another typical "if you don't like it go home" response. Why do you even waste your time? Does it make you feel like more of a man? Pathetic!

and then why did you waste your time commenting on what you refer

to as anothers "pathetic" post?

Me, I replied because I have too much time on my hands

Another banker is a pool bar in the covered alleyway that runs parallel to and only one slim block behind Sukhumvit - on the Northern side between soi Beergarden (7) and soi Foodland (5). The Chinese Thai owner or manager was accomodating to my needs to watch an Arsenal game a month ago and the place was still going strong at 4am!

If I lived in BKK I would certainly prefer to move out, but not to the UK - I couldnt tolerate the rise of expectancy and the national wailing and nashing of teeth 10 days later. I'd go spend a couple of weeks in Pattaya. Bangkok is not as well sorted for sports as Pattaya - very few bars, even Sports Bars, seem to put sports menus outside (or inside) and most seem to put one channel only on all their screens. In Pats you can pre-plan your viewing, the beer is cheaper and you would get a lot of banter too. Avoid the fighting hotspots though!

Edited by SantiSuk