Plastic File Box And Hanging File Folders

connda

I'm always sort of amazed that there are some items that are so common in the Western World that I just can't find here.

The latest items that I've tried to find without any success: A portable Plastic File Box, and a set of Hanging File Folders. If you go to any stationary or office store in the US or Canada, these are easy items to find. Two simple items for organizing your paperwork at home.

I can't find them here. I've even gone to an Office Depot here in Thailand. I showed the manager pictures and she looked at me like I was an alien for the Planet Zargoz. I have also been to a number of office equipment stores...nothing. Well, other than having them try to sell me a cheap cardboard box for 700 baht (jing jing). The other things I've seen are cheap plastic folders that don't hold much of anything, and I've seen plastic "frames" that hold hanging file folders (useless if you plan to transport the files).

Come on. A simple plastic box designed to hold and organize file folders. How difficult of a concept can that be to understand? Oh wait a minute. My bad...TIT whistling.gif

I've posted pictures on this post. Maybe someone else has found the motherload of File Boxes and Hanging file folders somewhere in Thailand where I have yet to look. Please let me know if you have seen these elusive items anywhere here in LOS.

post-87058-0-49011100-1337262620_thumb.j

post-87058-0-81978000-1337262639.jpg

Hanging folders are available at Makro Office and the regular Makro for sure, but in bog-standard green. I'm sure I've seen them at other places too, very surprised they wouldn't be at Office Depot. A common brand is "Q-Biz". "Legal" size only, nothing available for A4.

I use a stacking "document safe" box made of cardboard, you buy it flat and fold it together, available at both, more suitable for long-term storage than day-to-day, but if you reinforce the corners with duct tape they last for a few months, not expensive.

The hanging tabs fit perfectly over the sides of the box and a lid closes over keeping them in place.

I've seen smaller plastic portable file boxes, but not that squarish large shape, more 6-8" deep.

I've been happy with the thick fibreboard "magazine" filing boxes that stand up on a shelf and those A4-size plastic fileboxes available in translucent plastic with bright color hinge/locking clasps they sell to students.

Let me know if you come across index cards, I have them guillotined custom at my local printer.