Cheapest Flights From Thailand To Australia?

ruddy2000

As the title suggests, what kind of prices are you likely to expect for a.flight to Oz from Thailand?

Ill be taking a trip there soon hopefully and just wondered seeing as I am flexable or where I'm flying from and to, which would be the cheapest option in everyones opinion and with which airline?

Am I right in thinking Phuket to Perth would be the cheapest route? (Due to the distance)

Thanks to all replys in advance

Tiger airways from perth to Singapore then on to bangkok usually cheapest..Pick the right flight and you will only do a 4 hour stop in Singapore..Check out Air Asia also via Kuala Lumpar..You can often get a good cheap flight with them to KL and then connect on to Chiang Mai Perth Phuket is only viable if you hit a special..And if you are looking for a good search flight engine site..Try Momondo..It does all the searching for you

Is Perth your Aussie destination? Because you're not saving money if you want to end up in Sydney. The Perth to Adelaide/Melbourne/Sydney fare is probably nearly as much as the one-way Phuket/Perth. Jetstar do some pretty good deals, but so do Malaysian Airlines. A friend recently flew Malaysian return to Adelaide from BKK for less than $700.

Edited by giddyup

Thai at this time of the year isn't too bad just paid 740 return

I travel this route once a month

Jet star isn't so cheap once you add on the baggage etc

The flight times from Perth are good departs at midnight gets you to Singapore about 5am then a one hr stop

Going back isn't so funny

Scoot, the 'no frills' offshoot of Singapore Airlines have some very cheap deals at the moment.

Unfortunately, if you intend to fly their Bangkok-Gold Coast route, the flights just don't match up and you have to overnight in Singapore. So I booked AirAsia to arive in time to catch the ongoing let to Australia.

But, from memory, their Bangkok Sydney flight does not require a layover.

Scoot Airlines ... http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en/

• Like 1

Scoot, the 'no frills' offshoot of Singapore Airlines have some very cheap deals at the moment.

Unfortunately, if you intend to fly their Bangkok-Gold Coast route, the flights just don't match up and you have to overnight in Singapore. So I booked AirAsia to arive in time to catch the ongoing let to Australia.

But, from memory, their Bangkok Sydney flight does not require a layover.

Scoot Airlines ... http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en/

Hey David,

Thanks very much for the scoop on scoot.

Will come in very handy for me and i probably would never have seen it.

when I checked Scoot, it requires an overnight in singapore...for Sydney

but all up, return was only 10,000 baht! :) even if you have to spend 3000 baht on one night hotel in Singapore, plus I think it used to be 15 SGD departure tax...still works out to be less than 14k all up, and you get one night shopping /eating in Sing :D

• 4 weeks later...