Marriage Service

Kiggs

I'm sorry if this has been done to death but can't seem to find a post about it

Im going to bangkok in July to get married and looking For a company that offer a one day service.

would like a company that has been used before and can be recommended.

Regards Dan

If you are talking about a translation service, as far as I know all will offer same day service for translation and legalisation by the Thai Foreign Ministry. All will do what they say.

You can find them near your embassy and often the embassy website wil have a list of translation agencies.

You mean a one day service for the whole marriage ceremony?

Remember even before marrying there is documentation that is required to be done, including Affirmation of Freedom to Marry (takes one day from your Embassy and cannot be obtained outside of Thailand), then the translation of this document, then the certification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (now upto about 3 days), only then can you marry.

I used ruanjoawsao, this was a place where we had the Buddhist ceremony and the party, however we had already been married at the Amphur (legal marriage).

Im looking for a company that will just pick us up and take us through the full thing, Uk embasy,Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Amphur.Only in Bangkok for a 2 weeks so dont have loads of time to be faffing around.

I have seen companys in Pattaya that offer this but as im not there wanted a local company.

Regards Dan

Indeed, see Guidance for British nationals wishing to marry in Thailand

Note that you have to attend the embassy yourself as the affirmation must be signed by you in front of a consular official.

The translation agency you use to translate your affirmation into Thai, and there are lots near the British embassy, may offer to take it to the MFA for you and even arrange the appointment at an ampur to register the marriage; up to you if you want to pay them for this.

Once married I would recommend having the Thai certificate translated into English; it will be cheaper to do in Thailand than the UK. For UK purposes a certificate by the translator that it is a true translation is sufficient, but other countries are different; for example if you want to use it for a Schengen visa to visit Europe you will need an MFA certificate on the translation.