Shocked And Flabergasted At Rimping Today

gennisis

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses. You might say that it is not your choice, or that you don't care for something, but your statements are just rude, biased, and not even accurate.

As for the quality of the products. You cannot dispute that he uses good ingredients. As for flavorless, impossible, you may not like the flavors but it is impossible that they are flavorless.

SK quality is for certain, value not really but for a small business making this kind of product reasonable. Is there anything that he makes that you cannot at home for cheaper, of course not. If you don't like his products or no something of curing and smoking, then make your own. It is easy if you follow the correct recipe. The wrong recipe may harm you badly.

I don't buy SK products, but to say bad things about them is stupid. If you knew anything about cooking, curing meats, you wouldn't say that he uses bad ingredients.

I actually said; "Thier sausages are o.k and I do purchase them when I can't get my prefered ones." I didn't realise that being honest about my taste in food was a bad thing and I could be sued just because I find another product nicer. Ok I will retract it and say "sausage King is simply delicious and the best food I have ever eaten, there is nothing in this world that I would rather eat."

If you try my sausage rolls i think you will mean what you said about sk is the best he he

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses. You might say that it is not your choice, or that you don't care for something, but your statements are just rude, biased, and not even accurate.

As for the quality of the products. You cannot dispute that he uses good ingredients. As for flavorless, impossible, you may not like the flavors but it is impossible that they are flavorless.

SK quality is for certain, value not really but for a small business making this kind of product reasonable. Is there anything that he makes that you cannot at home for cheaper, of course not. If you don't like his products or no something of curing and smoking, then make your own. It is easy if you follow the correct recipe. The wrong recipe may harm you badly.

I don't buy SK products, but to say bad things about them is stupid. If you knew anything about cooking, curing meats, you wouldn't say that he uses bad ingredients.

I think that SK is quite happy with this thread. Gives the company a lot of free publicity. tongue.png

BTW, those sausage rolls looks great. If your place was within walking distance from my house (no song tells nearby), I'd definitely would try one.

Edited by Semper

I have never tried any of the SK products but a ignorant post like chooka made would not stop me from trying them if That was what I was into. HeShe obviously has some sort of ax to grind. When I read a post like that I automatically figure horse sh-t. Calling it rude was being kind do it.

I do not like everything SK makes but I like most of what I have had and it is all of good quality despite whether I like it or not. If I do not want something I do not make a fuss about it, I would either tell him privately if I thought it was a poor batch or not buy it if it was a matter of taste.

THe only problem I have found is that the bacon continues to cure in the freezer so I have learned not to keep it too long.

Few if any sponsors would take the criticism that SK takes and I was even more disappointed to see that one of the critics was a forum Moderator.

Few if any sponsors would take the criticism that SK takes and I was even more disappointed to see that one of the critics was a forum Moderator.

I think Rob knows that his business is sound enough and doesn't need to worry about some criticism.

Huh?

As I'm the only moderator who has posted on this thread, I went back to read what I had posted.

I hardly think stating:

"Why anyone would even consider buying frozen mashed potatoes, is beyond me. At Rimping, or anywhere..... "

as I did in this post:

-or posting a link to a Jamie Oliver recipe website on how to make delicious mashed potatoes, as I did here:

does not qualify as a criticism of Sausage King or his products.

Especially as what I am criticizing are people too lazy to learn how to peel and boil a potato, and mash it with a common dinner fork, and add a bit of seasoning.

I've purchased SK's bacon, and some of the sausages and have found them perfectly acceptable.

Please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

I do not like everything SK makes but I like most of what I have had and it is all of good quality despite whether I like it or not. If I do not want something I do not make a fuss about it, I would either tell him privately if I thought it was a poor batch or not buy it if it was a matter of taste.

THe only problem I have found is that the bacon continues to cure in the freezer so I have learned not to keep it too long.

I think Rob knows that his business is sound enough and doesn't need to worry about some criticism.

Huh?

As I'm the only moderator who has posted on this thread, I went back to read what I had posted.

I hardly think stating:

"Why anyone would even consider buying frozen mashed potatoes, is beyond me. At Rimping, or anywhere..... "

as I did in this post: http://www.thaivisa....y/#entry5322975

-or posting a link to a Jamie Oliver recipe website on how to make delicious mashed potatoes, as I did here:

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5325998

does not qualify as a criticism of Sausage King or his products.

Especially as what I am criticizing are people too lazy to learn how to peel and boil a potato, and mash it with a common dinner fork, and add a bit of seasoning.

I've purchased SK's bacon, and some of the sausages and have found them perfectly acceptable.

Please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

Have you tried one of these?

post-49205-0-05345600-1337867045.jpg

chooka, Do you even read your own posts.

"The sausage king products are very expensive and a very poor quality product I wouldn't pay 1 baht for one of thier tasteless pies, ugh disgusting. very little filling and just a tasteless gellitine inside. tried them once and never go back and warned my friends off them as well."

Then you write a retraction and say that you do eat them.

Do you have a multiple personality problem. Or are you just daft?

No one said that you had to like anything. You just cannot claim that they are low quality. You can say that the flavor is not what you are after. But there is a difference.

There are very few places to eat in CM that are up to my standard, however I don't slag off everything else on public forums.

chooka, Do you even read your own posts.

"The sausage king products are very expensive and a very poor quality product I wouldn't pay 1 baht for one of thier tasteless pies, ugh disgusting. very little filling and just a tasteless gellitine inside. tried them once and never go back and warned my friends off them as well."

Do you have a multiple personality problem. Or are you just daft?

No one said that you had to like anything. You just cannot claim that they are low quality. You can say that the flavor is not what you are after. But there is a difference.

There are very few places to eat in CM that are up to my standard, however I don't slag off everything else on public forums.

I wrote the retraction for you as you were offended that I did not like the same food as you do. It was my appology to you and to make you happy I wrote what you wanted to hear so as you would not grumble. Ok I will not claim that they are low quality as you wish. I guess if you by something and it buggers up under waranty you wouldn;t take it back because it would not be nice to say that it is not of your liking, you would bite your lip and simply buy a new one.

P.S I do read my posts and you didn;t otherwise you would have noticed that in one I was talking about pies and the other sausages. I said I do it thier sausages but not thier pies. Please read before being so utterly rude and attacking people.

Edited by chooka

I would not got to a public forum and break libel laws of a country. But to each his own.

Not liking something and claiming that it is total tasteless crap with inferior ingredients are two different things. However you would have to have some kind of cognitive reasoning to distinguish the difference.

• Like 1

Sorry to interfere in your bickering. But, he said that he didn't like the pies, but the saussages were ok. Reread his post. smile.png

Sorry to interfere in your bickering. But, he said that he didn't like the pies, but the saussages were ok. Reread his post. smile.png

He made accusations and proclaimed them to all who would listen. The accusations were based on the fact that he didn't like them and found them tasteless. Two principals that are based on his personal taste.

Yes he did say he bought the sausage but only when he couldn't get his preferred one's at half the price. I don't know about you but I would think there could be a quality difference involved there.

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses

Shouldn't you leave this for the Mods to decide? smile.png

Well am still alive and baking. Got some lovely big sausage rolls being made for Friday and Saturday and made with home made puff pastry that made with real Aussie butter and sk sausage meat.Hot out the oven tomorrow and Saturday so come direct and treat yourself.

They look O.K but I make the best sausage rolls.

My appologies to those that find this offensive it is not my intention.

I have heard of food fights, but this beats them all !!!!!!!!!! How about a truce! beatdeadhorse.gif

I prefer Vegemite over Marmite because it is a far better quality product, I prefer Weetbix to Vitabix because they are far better and if that offends and ruffles the feathers of Marmite and Vitabix lovers then I do not care. I find fish disgusting to the point of vomitting and if that offends seafood lovers and the fish mongers of the world I don't care. I am sure that the lawyers for the fishmongers Union aren't going to be knocking down my door with lawsuits because I have personal tastes. Oh please people attacking someone and speaking of lawsuits for personal tastes and choices is a little petty. What court in the world would even consider such a case? "Your Worship the respondent publically said that he does not like the taste of my my clients product and prefers another brand." I can just see the Magistrate falling of his chair in a fit of laughter before throwing the lawyer out of court never to return.

Anyway I think that is the process server from the Fishmongers Association with a summons knocking at my door.

Anyone seen the Aussie movie, The man who sued God?

Edited by softgeorge

Sausage king is a high quality manufacture of hand made food products and we cater for everybody and with over 100 products i do believe there is something for everybody as our sales prove that.The type of customers we attract are as follows.

Number 1/ Australians

2/Americans and Canadians Italian

3/British

4/Thai

5/German

6/French

7/other mixed

In this order are sausage kings customer base which says by looking at the whole picture we cater for everybody's taste and that's why sausage has been successful where others may fail.Sausage king listens to what people want and always looking for new ways to keep the quality to the highest level.If sausage king stopped hand making products then you would see a quality drop for sure.as i said before sausage king serves 33 supermarkets as well as having the national contract for tops supermarket which i do not see and other western food company's there that sell in Rimping supermarket, Why ? One reason only is quality by sausage king.

I do know that some of you are friends with other smaller suppliers out their and you like to defend them but sausage king also wish them the best of luck in growing there business as its not easy believe me.

Don't forget we have hand made hot sausage rolls on sale today and tomorrow made in puff pastry with real Aussie butter. Rob.

post-112062-0-23004300-1337907898_thumb.

post-112062-0-38201700-1337909679_thumb.

• Like 1

Sausage king is a high quality manufacture of hand made food products and we cater for everybody and with over 100 products i do believe there is something for everybody as our sales prove that.The type of customers we attract are as follows.

Number 1/ Australians

2/Americans and Canadians Italian

3/British

4/Thai

5/German

6/French

7/other mixed

In this order are sausage kings customer base which says by looking at the whole picture we cater for everybody's taste and that's why sausage has been successful where others may fail.Sausage king listens to what people want and always looking for new ways to keep the quality to the highest level.If sausage king stopped hand making products then you would see a quality drop for sure.as i said before sausage king serves 33 supermarkets as well as having the national contract for tops supermarket which i do not see and other western food company's there that sell in Rimping supermarket, Why ? One reason only is quality by sausage king.

I do know that some of you are friends with other smaller suppliers out their and you like to defend them but sausage king also wish them the best of luck in growing there business as its not easy believe me.

Don't forget we have hand made hot sausage rolls on sale today and tomorrow made in puff pastry with real Aussie butter. Rob.

Well I guess you will agree that critisism can be good for your business.

Do you make a Ned Kelly, they are to die for?

NED KELLY PIE.

Cooking Time

20 - 25 minutes

Makes

Ingredients (serves 4 - 5)

Basic Pie Base

Group 1:

1 3/4 cup Plain Flour

2/3 cup Margarine

Group 2:

1 Cup Milk

Group 3:

2 Cups Plain Flour

2 Teaspoons Salt

Mince Filling:

Group 4:

400g Prime Mince Steak

1 3/4 Cups Water

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg

1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

1 1/2 Teaspoon Tomato Sauce

2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce

Group 5:

1/4 cup Cornflour

1 tablespoon Plain Flour

1/4 Cup Water

"Ned Kelly" Topping:

3 Large or 4 Small eggs

1/3 Cup grated cheddar or mozzerella cheese

1/3 Cup Diced Bacon

Pie Crust:

1 ready-rolled sheet of puff pastry of the supermarket freezer

Method

Rub Group 1 together very well in a large bowl

Add Milk, then blend to form a smooth paste

Mix dry group 3 in a seperate bowl

Mix all groups together, bring together to form a dough-do not overwork. Roll into a bowl.

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes on bench

Roll out to 1cm thick. Size-to suit your pie dish.

Place in a lined, greased pie dish.

Mince Steak Mixture:

Place group 1 in a saucepan and it to a rolling boil for 5 minutes.

Mix together group 2 and stir into group 1 to thicken.

Allow mixture to cool before transfering it to prepared pie dish, lined with pie pastry.

"Ned Kelly" topping:

Crack 3-4 eggs on top of meat filling

Top with grated cheese and bacon. Spread evenly over top of pie.

Pie Crust:

1. Cut the puff pastry sheet to size and prick with fork.

2. Bake in oven at 220 degrees (200 degrees) for 20 minutes

Notes

Make sure the egg yolk sets when baking

NED KELLY PIE.

Cooking Time

20 - 25 minutes

Makes

Basic Pie Base

Group 1:

1 3/4 cup Plain Flour

2/3 cup Margarine

Group 2:

1 Cup Milk

Group 3:

2 Cups Plain Flour

2 Teaspoons Salt

Mince Filling:

Group 4:

400g Prime Mince Steak

1 3/4 Cups Water

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg

1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

Group 5:

1/4 cup Cornflour

1 tablespoon Plain Flour

1/4 Cup Water

"Ned Kelly" Topping:

3 Large or 4 Small eggs

1/3 Cup Diced Bacon

Pie Crust:

Method

Mix all groups together, bring together to form a dough-do not overwork. Roll into a bowl.

Mince Steak Mixture:

Allow mixture to cool before transfering it to prepared pie dish, lined with pie pastry.

"Ned Kelly" topping:

Pie Crust:

Notes

wow will have a look at doing that,Sounds superb that Ned kelly Pie

NED KELLY PIE.

Cooking Time

20 - 25 minutes

Makes

Basic Pie Base

Group 1:

1 3/4 cup Plain Flour

2/3 cup Margarine

Group 2:

1 Cup Milk

Group 3:

2 Cups Plain Flour

2 Teaspoons Salt

Mince Filling:

Group 4:

400g Prime Mince Steak

1 3/4 Cups Water

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg

1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

Group 5:

1/4 cup Cornflour

1 tablespoon Plain Flour

1/4 Cup Water

"Ned Kelly" Topping:

3 Large or 4 Small eggs

1/3 Cup Diced Bacon

Pie Crust:

Method

Mince Steak Mixture:

"Ned Kelly" topping:

Pie Crust:

Notes

The chain in in australia which sells the puff pastry pies pie cooker pies makes them but in individual sizes with one egg each.

NED KELLY PIE.

Cooking Time

20 - 25 minutes

Makes

Basic Pie Base

Group 1:

1 3/4 cup Plain Flour

2/3 cup Margarine

Group 2:

1 Cup Milk

Group 3:

2 Cups Plain Flour

2 Teaspoons Salt

Mince Filling:

Group 4:

400g Prime Mince Steak

1 3/4 Cups Water

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg

1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

Group 5:

1/4 cup Cornflour

1 tablespoon Plain Flour

1/4 Cup Water

"Ned Kelly" Topping:

3 Large or 4 Small eggs

1/3 Cup Diced Bacon

Pie Crust:

Method

Mince Steak Mixture:

"Ned Kelly" topping:

Pie Crust:

Notes

You won't be disapointed, check out the Beechworth bakery site, The Beechworth bakery is huge in Victoria, Aust and long ques all day long for thier pies (bake 24/7) and this is thier biggest seller. can make individual pies also thier reciepies are online for all to see and use.

Think i will plan The Ned Kelly pie for next weekend pie specials.Feed back like that is good.

This thread has turned out quite good for you hasn't it? Full credit for not whining and running to the mods - it's turning it into a real winner.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

Yeah this pie could be selling like hotcakes

Think i will plan The Ned Kelly pie for next weekend pie specials.Feed back like that is good.

This thread has turned out quite good for you hasn't it? Full credit for not whining and running to the mods - it's turning it into a real winner.