Any Suggestions For Good Hotels In Bangkok?

Dear reader,

first of all you may annoyedly think that what is a good hotel, and why can the editor of this message not be more specific from the beginning. Sorry for that.

What is a good hotel? I am basically looking for a normal room with a working AC, at least basic English speaking staff and if it would have a safe, breakfast included and maybe transfer from the airport to the hotel I would not complain either.

I am not necessarily looking for luxury, as the purpose of my trip is not about vacation, but merely a job-seeking trip.

I have a friend near saphankwai sky station, so if you would know good hotels you have good experiences with, then I would gladly hear from you.

I have been on www.agoda.com and been looking, been reading the forums for a while and I see that mostly it is suggested to say near Sukumvit.

The plan is to start off at the place near my friends place and then find different hotels during my 4 week stay, also in Sukumvit.

Since the purpose of my trip is not party or vacation I think there is no need for staying close to the tourist areas. If however you know a good hotel close to these areas that is rather cheap, then please send me a message.

As I am a recent graduate I am not in the position to stay at 5 star hotels, so my savings should be enough for this 4 week trip.

Is it possible to get below 1000 baht a night, and still not live in a room with only 3 walls, a lot of bugs and without having to share the room with a lot of strangers?

If you have questions, which you might have, as I have not been very clear in this message - please feel free to ask.

I hope to be able to book the hotels within the upcoming 2 days. I will travel to Bangkok next thursday and arrive friday.

Kind regards,

Bjørn Kristensen

Try the Watana Mansion on Ratchada. Not that expensive, have english speaking staff, transport from airport to hotel can be arranged. Mrt station on 5 mins walking distance. Intersection with Rama 9 for going out at the RCA by taxi approx 10 mins. Department stores, some disco's, massage palaces, basically everything you need. Trips and sightseeing tours organised by the hotel.

Standard room 650 baht a night, breakfast included.

Access to room with keycard, safe in room, restaurant and minimart in the hotel, A/C, roomservice but no minibar.

Would say check it out and good luck on your staying in Thailand

One possibility near Saphan Kwai skytrain station is the Sena Place Hotel. I stayed there a couple of times around two to three years ago and it was okay for around B1000. I don't think many budget hotels in central Bangkok offer free transfers to the airport. However, a youngish, fit job seeker could save money by taking the airport rail link to Phayathai, and from there it is just a short Skytrain ride to Saphan Kwai (there is a walkway between the stations at Phayathai). Then it is a short walk from Saphan Kwai skytrain station to the Sena Place. It is perhaps worth staying there for a couple of nights, near your friend, and then looking for something better.

There is a strip of Thai-style go-gos and karaokes nearby at Intramura (Sutthisan Road, about 500 metres from hotel), but be aware that in the surrounding area there are also a lot of 'boy' bars.

Edited by citizen33

I'd say you should start by looking at hotel comparison websites.

My favorite website is "Hotels-Seeker" here : www . hotels-seeker . com / EN / City / Bangkok_1 . htm?label=boris (delete spaces)

because you can look at all the ratings and details of any hotel in any city in the world !

Highly recommended !

Meechai Mansion (check on Google). THB 600 a night. Big rooms, clean, TV, fridge, A/C, 5 min walk to MRT and to Fortune (food, shops, new Central Phra Ram 9, etc.). You can also rent out per month (think it';s THB 8'000).

All the best with the job search!

You don't really need to limit yourself to the Sukhumvit area. If your hotel is near one of the BTS or MRT stations you can move about the city fairly easily. Possibly problems very late at night/early morning but otherwise the BTS is great.

See http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/images/master_routemap_nov2010_ok.jpg

and http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/pdf/ServiceTimetable.pdf

Humm...only like 10000 hotels in Bangkok...where to start.

Let´s start with the good and cheap ones...tongue.png

The presidents Inn Soi 11 off sukhumvit Rd, 700 Baht per night, I always use it when I am in Bangkok, AC fridge, very comfortable clean rooms, but no breakfast, there are plenty of breakfast places nearby.

Humm...only like 10000 hotels in Bangkok...where to start.

Just stay well clear of Agoda, not included in price are taxes etc. They use the small print for that.

Something I found out when I used them for the booking and was not that pleased about BUT these booking websites now will drop every hotel that offers guests a lower rate in any form, so you won't overpay when booking through them. And the hotels certainly do not wish to be dropped...