Help, Good Lawyer Required For Real Estate-Condo Rip-Off!

bangkok101

Does anyone know of a capable and straight forward lawyer in Pattaya that can resolve an ongoing real estate rip-off with a foreign developer?

I have been involved up to my eyeballs with total incompetance, greed, lies and deceitful lawyers and people claiming to be lawyers!

Where do you turn to solve problems of fraud on foreigners? Any help is appreciated.

The only one I have had recommended to me by people with first hand experience was Magna Carta. There is an English guy there who interfaces a lot with foreigners and he gets a lot of recs on another board - Tony Justonney.

They will probably give you an idea of the chance of success and tell you how much up front they want to work on it. In a similar case for a fanily I know they also wanted a %age of the money they retrieved.

Magna Carta have their own web site and are located opposite the motor cycle dealer on Pattaya Tai - the one on the cormer of Third Road.

• Like 1

You could also try Khun Pravit at Partnership Law on 3rd Road on the RHS up towards North Road..

He's a real lawyer, can and does litigate and is not scared of anyone. Excellent English and has a very good team of qualified assistants.

Can I post his number here? 081 377 3712

Good luck.

• Like 1

most lawyers in pattaya will take any case just to get hold of your money

You could probably simplify that and say "most people in Pattaya will say or do anything to get hold of your money".

• Like 1

"Where do you turn to solve problems of fraud on foreigners?"

Difficult to know where to turn to but I would certainly be inclined to turn away from anyone affiliated with "expat clubs" etc. as many of the bad news rip-off stories seem to emanate from that direction. Have a look at the "society" photos in the local papers, where one sees the same local media/property/legal faces over and over again, and often apparently sharing the same bed.

So perhaps looking for an out-of-town Thai lawyer would be worthwhile? They may not yet be corrupted. Even if they are corrupted at least they may not have any allegiances with Pattaya businessmen.

Edited by Darrel

@PattayaPhom

Am I correct in saying you are involved in the Pattaya real estate industry? I seem to recall you saying as such in a previous topic.

@Bangkok101

Me personally I would go for an out of town lawyer for the reasons mentioned by prefabs.

the Norwegian cement supports not finished in court part built thingy in Jomtien Beach road was and is getting sorted by the people i know

the proof is in the pudding. They have sorted a few other things out with buildings scam artists child custody wills etc.

PM me

the Norwegian cement supports not finished in court part built thingy in Jomtien Beach road was and is getting sorted by the people i know

the proof is in the pudding. They have sorted a few other things out with buildings scam artists child custody wills etc.

PM me

Sorry Pontoon, you got me beat with this one

First step i would suggest and its free is to visit pattaya city hall, they have consumer protection board there.

If they see a case, they will take it on for FREE.

Second suggestion is depending on the outcome of what they say, either forget about it or let them handle it or send me a PM.

The lawyer i use is not the brightest guy, but does understand the system, has connections with immigration and local cops also.

• Like 1

First step i would suggest and its free is to visit pattaya city hall, they have consumer protection board there.

Second suggestion is depending on the outcome of what they say, either forget about it or let them handle it or send me a PM.

The lawyer i use is not the brightest guy, but does understand the system, has connections with immigration and local cops also.

Yeah...from all reports the Pattaya consumer affairs department do an outstanding job for the downtrodden.....mostly by ignoring them.

As for your not so bright lawyer....so another lawyer a little more brighter, with same contacts and possibly understands the system better...cos he is brighter....will beat him every time.....awesome reco.

Yeah...from all reports the Pattaya consumer affairs department do an outstanding job for the downtrodden.....mostly by ignoring them.

As for your not so bright lawyer....so another lawyer a little more brighter, with same contacts and possibly understands the system better...cos he is brighter....will beat him every time.....awesome reco.

what reports are you referring to? a link perhaps?

and since you like to appear to be the man with the "know how" perhaps you could direct OP into the right direction or give him contact info for a lawyer who you consider to be acceptable

Edited by phl

perhaps you could direct OP into the right direction or give him contact info for a lawyer who you consider to be acceptable

Thats a difficult one....could you change the word 'acceptable' or define it further.

perhaps you could direct OP into the right direction or give him contact info for a lawyer who you consider to be acceptable

Thats a difficult one....could you change the word 'acceptable' or define it further.

in other words yet another troll post and response from the same poster, funny enough, seems to be the trait on every single thread

Here is an idea, if you do not have anything topic related or anything to address op concern-do not post

if you want to be a sarcastic troll, at least have some evidence to back up your postsrolleyes.gif

Oh and yeah i am sure the response would be again along the same lines-off topic, troll post

Personally have experience with two cases handled by the consumer protection out of city hall.

One handling disagreement with a local contractor, and another with a big, Bankok based Chinese/Thai owned building material supplier.

As in both cases they were clearly at fault, the consumer board took the cases on, and once it was made clear to the offenders that they were not just dealing with a Foreigner anymore, but with Thai governmental organization handling the cases, they were very quick to settle!

Obviously not sure what would have happened if they refused and tried to actually go to court...

But as the Bangkok company was not a small player, supplying a lot to the very rich and famous here in Thailand, yet they folded so quickly, makes it look like at least they think taking on the consumer board might be a tad to much to handle....

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Personally have experience with two cases handled by the consumer protection out of city hall.

One handling disagreement with a local contractor, and another with a big, Bankok based Chinese/Thai owned building material supplier.

As in both cases they were clearly at fault, the consumer board took the cases on, and once it was made clear to the offenders that they were not just dealing with a Foreigner anymore, but with Thai governmental organization handling the cases, they were very quick to settle!

Obviously not sure what would have happened if they refused and tried to actually go to court...

But as the Bangkok company was not a small player, supplying a lot to the very rich and famous here in Thailand, yet they folded so quickly, makes it look like at least they think taking on the consumer board might be a tad to much to handle....

Sir, is this consumer protection located in Bangkok, Pattaya, or both? Where was your case handled?

Thank you.

On the other hand, they were found seriously wanting by a few of us

Sir, is this consumer protection located in Bangkok, Pattaya, or both? Where was your case handled?

Thank you.

Their head office is in Bangkok http://www.ocpb.go.th/

But have a branch or department at Pattaya City Hall, i think its called legal department.

Can contact Pattaya City Hall direct and make appointment with them.

IF they accept the case, they will forward it to BKK head office and it will be handled from there.

They do speak some English here in Pattaya, but i suggest best to have someone who could translate to make sure you get your point across.

Thank you.

Pattaya City Hall.

In the two cases I mentioned, they were never handled by Bkk.

They started with phone calls, then moved on to official notifications by registered mail, and at this stage suddenly both involved companies started to cooperate!

I assume only after this is done without results the case gets moved over to Bangkok.

• Like 1

After reading all the replies about Lawyers I would highly recommend Nithikorn Business in Pattaya Klang and the Lawyer is called Ketsara.I had a dispute with a Developer and a well known Estate agent in town and this Lawyer sorted things out for me as I thought I might lose everything at one stage so contact her on the details below and you can use my name, as I would not like anyone else loosing there money and property with these scams..

http://nithikorn.com/contact.php

• 8 months later...

You could also try Khun Pravit at Partnership Law on 3rd Road on the RHS up towards North Road..

He's a real lawyer, can and does litigate and is not scared of anyone. Excellent English and has a very good team of qualified assistants.

Can I post his number here? 081 377 3712

Good luck.

I use Khun Pravit he is a dependable knowledgable and decent lawyer

Edited by DD13