Sim Card Premature Expiration

mrcarman

Each time I top up my DTAC cell phone (I buy 50 baht prepaid cards) I get the usual message telling me my balance in baht and then the expiration date of my card.

My expiration date has been 3 days from date of purchase since I started to use my phone again in december. From talking to other people this is way way out of the usual, as these are not supposed to expire for months and possibly a year. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why DTAC keeps screwing me over and I keep having to buy 50 baht cards every 3 days?

Each time I top up my DTAC cell phone (I buy 50 baht prepaid cards) I get the usual message telling me my balance in baht and then the expiration date of my card.

My expiration date has been 3 days from date of purchase since I started to use my phone again in december. From talking to other people this is way way out of the usual, as these are not supposed to expire for months and possibly a year. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why DTAC keeps screwing me over and I keep having to buy 50 baht cards every 3 days?

for more info on this please try the search function, you will find all the answers quickly

The amount of time you get depends on your selected "promotion" and the amount you add. 300 baht for the default promotion gets you 30 days. Some promotions get you cheaper calls, but less time. Others are the other way around. You need to check with DTAC's website for more info.

A bit off topic, but DTAC has done it again with their "WORK" promotion causing congested trunks between itself and other providers, which means repeated busy signals (or "the number you're calling is not registered") when calling between providers. Do they ever learn? I bet they'll say it isn't their fault, yet again.

Well, I get 30 days for a 300Baht card.