Teaching In Thailand

Hi I am a fully Qualified Teacher with a BA Hons Degree in Business and ICT in Education with Qualified Teachers Status.I have five years teaching experience in a comprehensive school in the UK. Teaching KS 3 and 4 information communication and technology, KS 4 Business studies and KS3 Citzenship.

I am Married with a 12yr old and would like to work in an inderpendant school in Thailand. Can anyone advise the best route to take to find a job. I have applied for a number ofjobs via TES to no avail.

Is TES your local access to the International School Network? If so, then that's where you should be applying, with your qualifications. For you to move here and grub up jobs at the bottom of the barrel when you have the credentials for so much better would not only be extremely silly, but considering the welfare of your family nearly criminal. *None* of the jobs advertised on Ajarn would likely be commensurate even by local standards with your experience (the International schools don't advertise there for pretty obvious reasons).

One disadvantage could be, however, waiting for the right opening to come up and then getting hired. There are only a limited number of real international schools and they only need so many teachers in various subjects. You may find you have to wait. If I were you, I would.

"Steven"

As well as looking in the TES (best place) look at the individual schools' websites as most will list vacancies. You can also send your CV on the off chance they will have something .... that's how I got my current job and it's in one of the 'good' int'l schools.