Was Thai Visa Better In The Past

Johnniey

I certainly think so - there were posters who were witty, You could post almost anything. There were no adverts. Pathetic posts such as my Thai wife is wonderful would have been laughed.

If you think it'[s better, why?

The ads are an essential fact of life, I am sure, not just to feather certain nests but to keep the show on the road, but broadly speaking I agree.

I read it long before I first posted (that may prevent me being shot down in flames immediately, as a relative 'newbie', but I doubt it).

Yes, in the good ole days people posted mainly to help each other and answer queries, and you could get to an amazing 6 or 7 posts before the flamers came out of the woodwork.

Mods had a broad based tolerance - even a sense of humour (yes!) and helpful posters were not rapped over the knuckles for the occasional playful jibe.

More vitally for the real innocent newbies, attracted by the actual name of the game, the visa advice was sound and regularly updated.

Ah well. Dear old days................!

Well I would say Tv follow very well all the new visa rules and you can always get great information here.It was much more easy with the visa 10years ago,You gave your passport to some agent/police and the did the boarder run for you so not many visa rules to know so different feel at the forum.I would say its great for all information about all you need to know about Thailand. And it was great before for that time.Not better before than now,only different.

Edited by crille30

I certainly think so - there were posters who were witty, You could post almost anything. There were no adverts. Pathetic posts such as my Thai wife is wonderful would have been laughed.

If you think it'[s better, why?

Much much better. It's a pale shadow of its former self.

Witty intelligent posters have gone (mostly and with a few exceptions) and been replaced by many many idiots.