Ammonia,Where To Find In Pattaya

pipo1000

you are looking for household ammonia it is a 5 - 10 % solution with water, think i may have seen it in home works or home pro

really good for cleaning stainless as dries leaving no residue but can be dangerous mixed with other cleaners mixed with bleach i seem to recall gives of a nasty gas

I don't mean to discourage you but I searched Bangkok and Pattaya stores of all kinds for several years to no avail. The stuff they sell in pharmacies is not what you are looking for. If Home works or Home pro carries it, that is news to me, I looked and asked there several times. Thais seem never to have even heard of household ammonia. I truly believe it is not available in Thailand. Even the folks at Villa drew a blank when I inquired at several of their stores.

We use it as a general kitchen/bath cleaner in the U.S. mixing in a spray bottle around 30% household ammonia with 80% water. It works wonderfully well on practically everything except wooden surfaces.

And, yes, mixed with chlorine bleach it can produce an explosive and noxious gas.

I don't mean to discourage you but I searched Bangkok and Pattaya stores of all kinds for several years to no avail. The stuff they sell in pharmacies is not what you are looking for. If Home works or Home pro carries it, that is news to me, I looked and asked there several times. Thais seem never to have even heard of household ammonia. I truly believe it is not available in Thailand. Even the folks at Villa drew a blank when I inquired at several of their stores.

We use it as a general kitchen/bath cleaner in the U.S. mixing in a spray bottle around 30% household ammonia with 80% water. It works wonderfully well on practically everything except wooden surfaces.

And, yes, mixed with chlorine bleach it can produce an explosive and noxious gas.

This has also been my experience. However, I found some, along with some other chemicals I wanted. First, I printed out Wikipedia sheets on each chemical I wanted (including borax, which I have also been unabe to find). These sheets gave the name and molecular structure. I gave the sheets to my wife, who is a secondary school teacher, and asked her to go to the chemistry teacher, show him the sheets and ask him where to buy this stuff. He directed her to a chemical supply house in town, where I found EVERYTHING.

Although I am in Phitsanulok, every secondary school has a supplier for these chemicals, you just have to find it. Ask at the school. It will probably be a small obscure, out of the way shop.

By the way, the amonia, exactly like that sold by the gallon for a song in the US cost me a couple of hundred baht for a liter, so you can't afford to splash it all over the place. The borax was a couple of hundred for one pound (453 grams) -- also expensive.

This has also been my experience. However, I found some, along with some other chemicals I wanted. First, I printed out Wikipedia sheets on each chemical I wanted (including borax, which I have also been unabe to find). These sheets gave the name and molecular structure. I gave the sheets to my wife, who is a secondary school teacher, and asked her to go to the chemistry teacher, show him the sheets and ask him where to buy this stuff. He directed her to a chemical supply house in town, where I found EVERYTHING.

Although I am in Phitsanulok, every secondary school has a supplier for these chemicals, you just have to find it. Ask at the school. It will probably be a small obscure, out of the way shop.

By the way, the amonia, exactly like that sold by the gallon for a song in the US cost me a couple of hundred baht for a liter, so you can't afford to splash it all over the place. The borax was a couple of hundred for one pound (453 grams) -- also expensive.

Thanks for the tip of the school, maybe I should try in that direction.