View Talay Villas, Jomtien - Opinions

Hi, wanted to ask for your opinions about View Talay Villas in Jomtien / Pattaya.

There are some nice 1-bedroom houses for sale. I am looking for a quiet and peaceful place in that area.

How about the management, security and the maintenance fees there? I've read that there is a residential and a hotel section.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jomtien 2nd Rd is quite busy, and presumably set to get busier.

The market/bar area next door is quite busy, and presumably set to get busier.

Why not go and walk around there one evening (preferably in high season and/or at the weekend) to get an idea? As far as I know there is at least one irregular Thai karaoke place that would annoy me immensely, but YMMV.

That's about it really. Handy place for your 90-day reporting though.

Great location and very popular. Not many smaller units come on the market and normally sell quickly....Some were sold as timeshare/fractional ownership years ago. As mentioned, the market and bar area next door has grown immensly in the past year....if you want quiet and peaceful check out the noise levels. As for maintenance, you can see how well kept the area is.

Jomtien 2nd Rd is quite busy, and presumably set to get busier.

The market/bar area next door is quite busy, and presumably set to get busier.

Last week i looked at one house already. After i walked inside around 100 meters the noise from the 2nd road disappeared. The area looked clean and well kept.

I'm more worried about the bar area because as you said, it will get busier in the next months and years. Many new condo projects further down 2nd road.

Thanks for the feedback until now.

One prominent forum member used to own there but sold up a while back when he became aware that the market/bar area was to be developed. He has commented about the place before and may do so again.

One prominent forum member used to own there but sold up a while back when he became aware that the market/bar area was to be developed. He has commented about the place before and may do so again.

Are they still having hassle at the bars. Earlier this year the Police were closing them down early and there was talk of the landlord not having permission to open bars. Or was it a typical flash in the pan clamp down?

Just from the outside, although of boring design, the View Talay buildings look to be of a higher quality than some of the newer mini-blocks coming on to the market.

OP is interetsed in villas, not condominiums......

Are they still having hassle at the bars. Earlier this year the Police were closing them down early and there was talk of the landlord not having permission to open bars. Or was it a typical flash in the pan clamp down?

I dont know. I'm not aware of ever having heard noise from the bars in the market area but I am quite a long way away.

I can sometimes hear evil Thai karaoke noise coming from somewhere that must be very near the back of View Talay Villas but away from the farang bar area. Of course this doesn't mean that the noise is necessarily audible at ground level inside the subdivision.

Just from the outside, although of boring design, the View Talay buildings look to be of a higher quality than some of the newer mini-blocks coming on to the market.

OP is interetsed in villas, not condominiums......

ahhh yes. ermm.gif