A Chiang Mai Boy Is Seeking For Foreign Friends !

ajpsjeng

I'm impressed that he speaks Czech fluently after only a year of living there. Czech has to be one of the most difficult languages in the world. After 4 1/2 years of living in the Czech Republic I was far from "fluent" but was doing quite well conversationally. But then I was not in school each day studying.

I could pronounce the very difficult "r (with a hat)" letter.

And I took me 6 months for that.

That's O.K. it took me a few months to pronounce the ř myself! That is a difficult one. And considering many Thais pronounce r like l I can imagine it was VERY difficult.

If you really want to improve your English and make new friends, enroll in an international program in a university.

ic.payap.ac.th

200+ undergrads studying in 1 of 4 international degree programs using English as the medium of communication. 95% are in your age range. PM me for more details.

Classes start June 5th!

If you really want to improve your English and make new friends, enroll in an international program in a university.

ic.payap.ac.th

200+ undergrads studying in 1 of 4 international degree programs using English as the medium of communication. 95% are in your age range. PM me for more details.

Classes start June 5th!

Thank you, but I'm already enrolled in a university in Bangkok. I'm studying Architecture.

I'm in Chiang Mai for the next two months only and I'll be back in Bangkok to study.

Since Chiang Mai is my home town , I will always come here. Every holidays.

Right now, I'm really looking for friends to hang out with. Improving English comes after that.

To older people,

If you have children or know your friends' children and they wouldn't mind to have one more Thai friend.

Please feel introduce me to them or the other way round.

I am clean and definitely not dangerous.

I've met people from a lot of different countries before.

And most importantly, I'm very friendly.biggrin.png

I just haven't met you/them yet.

To older people,

If you have children or know your friends' children and they wouldn't mind to have one more Thai friend.

Have you met Quietman yet ??

To older people,

Have you met Quietman yet ??

I guess not. Who's Quietman?

P.S. I'd rather know someone who is nearly at the same age as I am so between 15-25

Highly unlikely that you would find any members of CM forum to be in that age range. Adding 50 years to the age range would be a different matter. smile.png

Rubbish.

Polite and sympathic approach, Khun Jeng! I know a lot of Thai people who studied abroad, most of them for longer time than you but their - at least written - foreign language skills weren't half as good as your English is when they came back. Unfortunately most of them hung around every free minute with their Thai peers only.

I wish you every success for your topical issue as well as for your future.

• Like 2

Polite and sympathic approach, Khun Jeng! I know a lot of Thai people who studied abroad, most of them for longer time than you but their - at least written - foreign language skills weren't half as good as your English is when they came back. Unfortunately most of them hung around every free minute with their Thai peers only.

I wish you every success for your topical issue as well as for your future.

Thank you so much Khun Rebo for the compliments ! I'm honoured. I also knew a lot of Thai students in New Zealand who did exactly the same thing you mentioned, and eventually weren't much better in English.

Thanks for your wish,too.

P.S. I'd rather know someone who is nearly at the same age as I am so between 15-25

Highly unlikely that you would find any members of CM forum to be in that age range. Adding 50 years to the age range would be a different matter. smile.png

Rubbish.

If you say so.

Dear older friends and everybody who's reading this message wai.gif

As a person who started this conversation in the first place.

With all due respects, I would like to ask anyone who still wants to participate in this conversation (everybody is welcomed) to STICK WITH THE TOPIC! thumbsup.gif

This is all I am asking for, please.

It seems they might not be people at my age range in this forum.

so, if you happen to know anyone or able to suggest me what I should do and where I should go in order to meet new foreign/farang friends...Please don't hesitate to do so !

smile.png

wai.gif

Thank you very much everybody,

Jeng

• Like 2

One problem is that you are definitely in the wrong forum. Try ajarn, they would have more younger age teachers. Even though not everyone here is old, many are in their late 20's and early thirties like myself. Most even the younger 22-25 year old crowd wouldn't be too enthousiastic to hang out with a 19 year old college student who just wants to practice his English.

Even the younger crowd of foreigners that come here for holiday are usually slightly older than you 22-25. Usually post grads taking a gap year. You are only here for 2 months before you go back to BKK so instead of looking for foreign friends. Why not look for a place that you would like to hang out like a sports club, museum, artists hanging out, night club and find like minded people (whatever their nationality) hang out with them. Making Thai friends here might actually help you meet other people too.

Also it might be difficult to find friends since it seems you are more interested in someone to just practice your English.

Finding International students that share your interest would be another option. There are some foreign exchange students at CMU. Most are in your age range. Some in the humanities and some in social sciences.

Try Hi five or facebook.

Also the other thing you might want to consider is other English speaking Thais. There are a ton here. You will most likely find more that will have your common interests and just speak English with them instead of Thai.

Quote: " To older people,......."

Yo, how old is old? I bet you that anywhere you go with me they say I'm "younger".

I have been in Thailand for more than 20 years. Perhaps it's my stupidity that I don't speak Thai as good as you in English colloquially as you have exhibited in your written English (I didn't read them all, including the replies.).

I have owned my home in CM since last August but seldom travelled up here. I like to know some "older" people. Now that I am in CM since Sunday for a week, I thought perhaps some "older" people like myself want to meet up also. Life doesn't last forever!

So, how about Wednesday night, around 8pm, at the first bar on the right entering that bar street from Monmoon? First drink on me! If you lose on pool, it's you!

PM me if you want to meet up. Alnd I believe we would recognize each other by the time we get up there.

Yeah, you guess it right, I'm a bit drunk, but my aforementioned holds. Never get too old to meet up friends from abroad!

Yo, how old is old? I bet you that anywhere you go with me they say I'm "younger".

I have been in Thailand for more than 20 years. Perhaps it's my stupidity that I don't speak Thai as good as you in English colloquially as you have exhibited in your written English (I didn't read them all, including the replies.).

I have owned my home in CM since last August but seldom travelled up here. I like to know some "older" people. Now that I am in CM since Sunday for a week, I thought perhaps some "older" people like myself want to meet up also. Life doesn't last forever!

So, how about Wednesday night, around 8pm, at the first bar on the right entering that bar street from Monmoon? First drink on me! If you lose on pool, it's you!

PM me if you want to meet up. Alnd I believe we would recognize each other by the time we get up there.

Yeah, you guess it right, I'm a bit drunk, but my aforementioned holds. Never get too old to meet up friends from abroad!

Hahaha! Oh Lordy... Somebody get Chris Hasen on the phone, stat!

post-16307-0-48220700-1338312733_thumb.j

Metiza, I looked up Chris Hansen since I'm not a Brit.

Oh, he's a bad boy. Bad for him as a politician!

For we, ordinary people, might not attract as much an attention as he did. Yeah?

Unless, you tell my wife later, we are friends now, be we "old" as some like to call us.

You come and meet Wednesday? I think I don't know yet how to read PM with the new format.

Hello there,

I'm a Thai who goes to an international school. I can show you around and meet some farang friends of mine age ranging between 18-19. Connections are always good. Let's meet up and have a chat or something. pm me ur info and I'll call you.

• Like 1

Quote :" So, how about Wednesday night, around 8pm, at the first bar on the right entering that bar street from Monmoon? "

Sorry that I have to call off the meet up. Had too much drink last night. Need to rest for a few days before hitting the bottle again.

Hahaha, may be the OP is right afterall when he calls some of us "old people".

Hi ajpsjeng, nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum. I hope you wont get put off by some of the negative things in this forum. Seems to be a lot of grumpy old expats in Thailand! laugh.png

Just wondered if you are into motorbikes at all? Most of my friends are in the late 30 early 40's age bracket, so out of your age-range, but if you like bikes, they might know some people more your age bracket (im personally not so very sociable, but my friends are, but mainly in biking circles). In saying that though, will ask a good friend if he knows of any people nearer your age, whether into bikes or not.

Will send you a pm when i find out.

Seems to be a lot of grumpy old expats in Thailand! - sums up TV whistling.gif

I have been in Thailand for more than 20 years. Perhaps it's my stupidity that I don't speak Thai as good as you in English colloquially as you have exhibited in your written English

In addition to his English being better than your Thai, his English is actually better than your English. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Back on topic. :wai: