Cheap Condo In Bkk Suggestions

RAZZELL

The wife and I are considering buying a cheap condo in Bangkok in the next year or so.

This will primarily be for when we holiday there, although her sister might also stay "full-time" and rent it from us depending on when she moves from her current job in Chiang Mai.

Not going to go mad and want to spend about 2-4m baht.

Any suggestions for areas, condo developers? New or old? Only proviso is it must be two bedrooms and be near a BTS/MRT station (or where there will be one built in the future).

All help gratefully received thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

EDIT - I would personally prefer a larger older one...as I think the newer builds are overpriced and over supplied...but the Mrs doesn't whistling.gif

2-Bed new condo near BTS or MRT will be more like 5-8m THB.

You'll need to be at the extreme ends of the BTS or MRT to be within your budget for a new condo unless it's a smaller one bathroom type, although there's some older condos that may be within the budget.

One bed can be found in your budget.

Prices drop quite a bit as you move away from the BTS ... if it's not for use all year round, you may be better looking away from the BTS and using motorsia/taxis?

Hi Razz - Actually I have a condo (2/BR& 2 BATHROOM - 65 sqm) that I woud be happy to sell to you....I'm not desperate to sell mind you...but at the moment it's vacant and I'm now contracted for work out of Thaialnd for next 5 years....

It's a lovely condo in a small block (9 floors), has a nice pool and gym area......The main bedroom is big and the second bedroom is quite small, but my 18 yr old daughter is happy enough to stay in 2nd BR when she's on hols from AUS... I bought it about 18 months ago for the missus at that time, but sadly things went a bit pear shaped with that and now it's pretty much sitting vacant most of the time....mainly because I'm working on contract in India and only spend about 2 montsh every year in LOS....yes, yes..tragic really...lol

I paid approx. 4.2 million baht, (fully modern furnished and all mod-cons etc) but would be happy to negotiate a little on that.... It's located in Phrakanong - Sukhumvit Soi 71/1...it's in an excellent location, about 5- 7 minutes walk for Phrakanong BTS, 2 mins taxi from On Nut shopping complex and there's a bus stop right outside the front door.... takes 15-20 minutes to Siam Square on the BTS and 15-20 mins in a cab to get to the airport... It's close to a golf driving range as well and there's a cracking coffee shop just up the road too... I've lived in and out of Thailand for last 20 years and I spent a lot of time considering this place before buying...and I'm still happy that i did.... All things considered, I reckon it's as good as you will get (for the price) around Suk area....

I'll be in BKK next week on hols (from 2 to 12 June) and if you're interested in having a look I can send you further details.... photos etc...

Cheers

Rowdy