Suggest A Name For The New Hotel

Gonzo the Face

Did you send letters of complaint to the producers of Hogans Heroes, Monte Python etc for making fun of vile episodes in humanities past?

On dear, what a ridiculous statement going back to the 1970's.

Graham Chapman, Michael Palin, Terry Jones & Gilliam, Eric Idle and John Cleese were masters of what they did.............trying to be like them now, just turns out as pure crass.

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, Also after the deaths of several innocent tourists, they still continue the business almost like nothing had happen! So I don't think the joke is 'too soon'.

This thread is about the renaming of a building. Nothing about any tragedies or any other negative event.

I do think, when viewing all the negative happenings going on around us, that the time for a little fun , a little joking is good for the soul. That is all that I was trying to put across.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gonzo,

I don't want to play-morbid on a new name for that hotel, thanks, but I do have one suggestion:

You wrote: "Now I think that the well-worded, Thai Visa Brainless Trust,"

May I suggest a slight change to that phrase:

"the eponymously named ThaiVisa Brainless Trust."

best, ~o:37;

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gonzo,

I don't want to play-morbid on a new name for that hotel, thanks, but I do have one suggestion:

You wrote: "Now I think that the well-worded, Thai Visa Brainless Trust,"

May I suggest a slight change to that phrase:

"the eponymously named ThaiVisa Brainless Trust."

best, ~o:37;

My dear friend Orang37. Knowing you I 99% whole hearted accept your kind suggestion. The remaining 1% , I beg you give me an hour or two to google it up.....

Wow I have been given a new word today, a word that in my life I can honestly state , I have never even seen in print.

Thank you kind Orang37......

Now lets be honest gang........ how many have googled the word.?????? wai.gifwai.gif

Though it is a bit off topic, but the devil is making my warped sense of humor do it.........

* An eponym is the name of a person or thing, whether real or fictitious, after which a particular place, tribe, era, discovery, or other item is named or thought to be named.'

* The ancient Greek classic The Odyssey is named after the main character, Odysseus.

* One of the first recorded cases of eponymy occurred in the second millennium BC, when the Assyrians were named as such after a high official determined they were a country of As*holes

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

kaaaa toooot .....just couldn't pass it up

Now keep this in mind when suggestion the new name of the hotel.......but also keep in mind the in country legal structure on slander, libel, defamation etc.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Though it is a bit off topic, but the devil is making my warped sense of humor do it.........

* An eponym is the name of a person or thing, whether real or fictitious, after which a particular place, tribe, era, discovery, or other item is named or thought to be named.'

* The ancient Greek classic The Odyssey is named after the main character, Odysseus.

* One of the first recorded cases of eponymy occurred in the second millennium BC, when the Assyrians were named as such after a high official determined they were a country of As*holes

Now keep this in mind when suggestion the new name of the hotel.......but also keep in mind the in country legal structure on slander, libel, defamation etc.

How about keeping in mind that they are tearing the building down and you are looking for a name for a brand new hotel.

Maybe Kudos to the owners for tearing the old one down just to make sure what ever went wrong dosen't happen again.clap2.gif

How about keeping in mind that they are tearing the building down and you are looking for a name for a brand new hotel.

Maybe Kudos to the owners for tearing the old one down just to make sure what ever went wrong dosen't happen again.clap2.gif

So, the appropriate name would be '' Clear Skies Hotel '' wai.gif

Sounds reasonable to me.

It doesn't exonerate the owners, but at least they are tearing it down.

Sounds reasonable to me.

It doesn't exonerate the owners, but at least they are tearing it down.

Doesn't exonerate any one as their is no one blamed for it. Like we the report said with input from the W H O we don't know. You surprise me all ways with a medical answer and you think they know every thing now. I would think some one with your experience would realize how little they know.

You best watch what you say about the owners they have a special set of laws to cover that family.

You best watch what you say about the owners they have a special set of laws to cover that family.

Is it a family that owns the hotel?.........I have absolutely no idea who owns it, but I'd like to know.

Whoever they are, then I have great respect for them for tearing it down.

Why don't you tell me who owns it?

Edited by uptheos

I have no idea who owns that hotel, but find it intriguing that they are actually respected for demolishing it. Maybe I am off base here but sounds a bit out of character to normal hi-so Thai business practice to me, would suspect that there are definitive financial reasons relating to insurance somehow or planning approval for a larger and potentially more profitable hotel. Sorry, been here too long, guilt I just can't see being a factor.

I hear 'he who must not be named' will continue his reign after the election. (just kidding I have absolutely no idea who owns it)

Is it a family that owns the hotel?.........I have absolutely no idea who owns it, but I'd like to know.

Whoever they are, then I have great respect for them for tearing it down.

Why don't you tell me who owns it?

I have no idea who owns that hotel, but find it intriguing that they are actually respected for demolishing it. Maybe I am off base here but sounds a bit out of character to normal hi-so Thai business practice to me, would suspect that there are definitive financial reasons relating to insurance somehow or planning approval for a larger and potentially more profitable hotel. Sorry, been here too long, guilt I just can't see being a factor.

As for why it is coming down it is more than likely a business decision. I don't know and it makes no difference to me why just that it is coming down is good enough. They ran it during the high season and I don't think they made any money. Never seemed to have many people in it.

The paper work will trace it back to a man who belongs to a family that you can not say bad things about. I think he is in his 50s.

It is reasonable, as asked above, to speculate if the decision to demolish the building was an ethical or a business decision, maybe both. I believe it was the right decision.

With websites like TripAdvisordotcom the history of the hotel and the fact that there were never any consequences and the question of whether or not any of their practices had changed would never ever go away. It's clearly a businesws decision and maybe a decision based on superstition as well.