Any Suggestions Which Gift A Local Thai Would Appreciate?

Returning on 3 weeks vacation soon, and wanted to bring a gift for a friendly Thai toursalesman.

Bought all our tours thorugh him the last 2 times we visited the island and has always gotten great service at his place.

Before we left last time he gave me a small present,so wanted to return his kindness and bring him a gift this time.

Thought about bringing some good Amarone wine, but not sure if he drinks, and don't know if it's insulting as a gift if he does not drink.

Some good chocolate? but how will that cope with the heat in a suitcase?

Could always buy some local danish buttercookies, but i guess those can be bought in thailand as well.

Don't want to bring some Danish giftjunk like statues of the little mermaid and such, which he has no use for, but i'm not familar with what kind of things the local thais would appreciate.

Any suggestions other than what i had in mind?

Thanks.

If not, Black Label whiskey,very popular with Thais and if he doesn't drink he can bring it out when he has a party and get brownie points

Definite yes. Even Thais who do not drink look good when the Johny Walker BL comes out.

Or...... T-shirts, caps and anything else from your own country with a proper logo - genuine and good quality of course.Cannot be bought here - stands out.

• Like 1

it is the thought that counts....thai's appreciate any gifts given to them.....many thai's have given me gifts including soy milk and glass noodles in package....

the chocolate would be good,,,,if you bring chocolate back with you keep it with your carryon and it should be ok....

Great.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Now i have an idea what to buy biggrin.png

But not saying which thing just in case he actually reads TV wink.png

Edited by Virt

Thais like guns gold and money.

an enavlope with cash cannot be beaten though it shall not do you many favors. i would buy him some bullets incase he has a legal gun.

either that or some fire wroks or. a manchester united origonal football t-shirt.

another thing thais like is real brand name stuff.

an enavlope with cash cannot be beaten though it shall not do you many favors. i would buy him some bullets incase he has a legal gun.

either that or some fire wroks or. a manchester united origonal football t-shirt.

So if i buy a gun and some bullets do i have to get it giftwrapped, to avoid getting stopped at the airport check ;)

Some nice suggestions in here, and i have allready bought the gift for him.

Now i just hope his business still is up and running when we return.

23 more days... Counting down... :D

So if i buy a gun and some bullets do i have to get it giftwrapped, to avoid getting stopped at the airport check wink.png

Some nice suggestions in here, and i have allready bought the gift for him.

Now i just hope his business still is up and running when we return.

23 more days... Counting down... biggrin.png

if his business is not up and running then you could buy him a new business )