Asiarooms.com Censored My Hotel Review.

ding

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did an internet booking for a hotel in Penang (Bayview Inn?) then had to stay an extra night. The room rate (directly with the hotel) for the extra night was significantly lower than the internet booking.

With this is mind I recently booked the Rembrandt directly and found that their quoted rate was 2X what the sawadee.com rate was.

I'm confused...

I posted a review on asiarooms.com where I made the reservations for a hotel we stayed in. Later I read it and the negative item I mentioned was deleted and only positive was left. Is this common with these online hotel sites or just asiarooms.com?

My review was more concise than others posted, so I don't think it was edited for length. I warned that the excersize facility was not included by the hotel if the reservation was made by them, and it was 350B per day, per person, to workout.

I have been censored on a couple of sites, including TV, just for being honest about Thailand.

These forum sites are generally populated by "sheep" with rose colored glasses.

I posted a review on asiarooms.com where I made the reservations for a hotel we stayed in. Later I read it and the negative item I mentioned was deleted and only positive was left. Is this common with these online hotel sites or just asiarooms.com?

My review was more concise than others posted, so I don't think it was edited for length. I warned that the excersize facility was not included by the hotel if the reservation was made by them, and it was 350B per day, per person, to workout.

I have been censored on a couple of sites, including TV, just for being honest about Thailand.

These forum sites are generally populated by "sheep" with rose colored glasses.

Actually your posts were edited for flaming. The forums are not populated by sheep, just people who have learned basic manners on their way to adulthood. So please take town the victim sign, nobody's buying it.

cv

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Asia rooms a couple of times without problems. I even left a hotel review which was both positive and negative but it was not altered in anyway.

As the Asiarooms site states when making a hotel review To ensure that this information best serves your needs, we ask you to refrain from offensive, gratuitous, or unfounded comments

This is a fair comment.

Edited by likite

I've used Asia rooms a couple of times without problems. I even left a hotel review which was both positive and negative but it was not altered in anyway.

As the Asiarooms site states when making a hotel review To ensure that this information best serves your needs, we ask you to refrain from offensive, gratuitous, or unfounded comments

They normally send you an email after your stay asking for your comments on your stay............they do also add that your review will be subject to approval, presumably to remove any offensive comments.

Ive just done a review for a hotel in Singapore................it was not altered to anyway (though it was positive :o )

In tourist areas of Thailand I do not believe you will find walk in or direct internet rates lower than most on line discount providers for 3 star or above accommodations.

There seems to be a new, and major player, in the discount field called direct rooms, which I just used. Had not seen it mentioned before but price was lower than anyone else and it worked for me.

Asia Rooms has one great by me for weekend/non-holiday travel

the vendors do have access tothier review and so can remove themm I think

as for the owners having ferraris? good on them!

Edited by jdinasia

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Asiarooms.com many times and always fing them to have good pricing and reliable service. I also live down the strett from their headquaters in Jomtien Beach, Pattaya. The owner is very good to his staff and is currently builing them quarters on compound with gym and recreation areas. I know some staff that work there and are very happy. Everyone has good and bad experiences with travel, and I have found positive results using this firm.

• 4 months later...

Thai Visa Rooms worked great. I was well treated and upgraded, then lengthened our stay. 100% pleasure!

AsiaRooms sent me email after my latest trip and they displayed my review. I used AsiaRooms again because they booked a place I wanted.

Again, my previous trip's review was polite and factual. The facts may have been uncomfortable.

But I felt fellow travellers should know that the gym was not included in the room at the Windsor suites when booked online at the discount rate. Is that wrong?

AsiaRooms worked well.

We've used Asiarooms several times, but won't be using them again. When we were planning our first trip to Krabi I saw a little place I fancied, tried to book it but it was full. We booked hotel X that we had origibally wanted directly with the hotel. When we arrived the owner told us that while he was aware that Asia rooms listed his property, he was not actually registed with them. Curious. We had been directed to a much more expensive place by Asairooms due to hotel X being fully booked. The hotel was empty, we were the only residents.

We found Octopus travel to be the best in Thailand.

I have used AsiaRooms on a couple of occasions with no complaints.

However I usually use DirectRooms.com which is pretty good and are very reasonably priced.

Anyone else used them as well?

Edited by ashacat

In tourist areas of Thailand I do not believe you will find walk in or direct internet rates lower than most on line discount providers for 3 star or above accommodations.

There seems to be a new, and major player, in the discount field called direct rooms, which I just used. Had not seen it mentioned before but price was lower than anyone else and it worked for me.

Oops! Sorry Loburi3, I didn't notice that you'd mentioned them already. :o

Anyone care to recommend trustworthy sites to book through?

I have 'octopustravel.com' so far.

Firstly, wotif.com are HIGHLY recommended. Their downside is that you can only book about 1 month ahead, and it seems Thai hotel prices aren't competitive. For a hotel anywhere else in the world it IS though.

Secondly, I have used ASIAROOMS plenty of times now. Their BIGGEST advantage IMO is that they can quote you a price 12 months ahead... It seems to me most other sites can't match this.

I have never had any hint of a problem. On one occasion when I had to cancel a booking, it took about 2 or 3 months for the refund to arrive back into my CC account (no big deal).

As far as I'm aware none of my comments (good or bad) have been removed. Although they must find themselves on shaky ground with hotel contracts by allowing REALLY negative stuff to appear along side the hotel.

Thai Visa are understandably VERY protective of their sponsors/advertisers, and are quick to penis whip any serious descent... How is what ASIAROOMS is doing any different?

best thing is to just show up, book a room at b400 and search for exactly what you are after.

never booked a room in asia in 15 yrs - never slept in the street.

sawasdee has ambivilent staff, poor qualaity food, tiny rooms imo

this is not really an ad!

my own website //URL removed//

affiliates to PrecisionReservations.com

i have been with them for years and find that they are trustworthy and reliable.

They are thailand based for the website.

but a subsidiary of Anacot Asia Pacific, a USA company.

most internet rates are very similar, so a reliable booker is the best choice over saving a few baht.

agree that net rates are always better for 3 star and up hotels.

one of the sawadee group hotels i booked for about 600 a night,

then if i wanted to stay longer it was about 2000 a night!

and i lost a piece of equipment in the room and they were very unhelpful when i tried to locate it, which i never did.

everybody who is involved only a little bit in this business knows and will tell you, that ASIAROOMS is the "black sheep" of the internet-hotel-brokers and with their doubtful business-policies, they are damaging the reputation of the whole online-booking-business in Asia....

What can i say..........ive always found them ok.

Would you care to expand a little on your above statement and also point me towards another online booking site i could look at.

Cheers.

I generally compare room prices across several online agencies. The one problem is that some are run from the US or UK - hence high prices. www.asiatravel.com (based in Singapore) has been the best for me so far. Any problems with the booking & they have called - even up to an hour before getting there. One hotel we couldn't find in BKK, called them - they called the hotel for directions & called us back. Can't ask for more. The girls in the BKK office (Mee Mee especially) have always been very helpful.

We have found that in some hotels, Asia Rooms buys blocks of bookings, so you have to use them (Bangkok City Inn is one of the places - great location, but lousy food).

• 6 months later...

i used asia rooms a lot in the past then started to get bad feeling thing stated by them in the hotel not there ie swimming pool gym tea making inroom now book on line direct with hotel if any problems i just print off there reply you will find most hotels worth staying in have on line booking all the bad press about asia rooms cant all be lies stayed at chaing mai plaza in cm recently asia rooms 1600b plaza direct 1550b and only wanted 1 night deposit on my card asia rooms want all up front inbkk i stay at the asia hotel they no longer take asia room bookings i wonder how many more dont.........

G,day,

My wife and myself unfortunately have used asiarooms.com. Never again......We booked a hotel in Fremantle Australia was quoted A$65-00 per night. Included was supposed to be Air con, Ensuite and tv in the room. Turned out to be a backpackers hotel . communal toilets/shower no tv no aircon. and walkin price was only A$50-00 per nite.

Many phone calls / emails finally after about a month of more phone calls we recieved a refund of A$48-00 Meaning that they still charged us A59-00 for a A$50-00 walkin room rate

A very unsatifactory service,

cheers,

lesdunbar

G,day,

My wife and myself unfortunately have used asiarooms.com. Never again......We booked a hotel in Fremantle Australia was quoted A$65-00 per night. Included was supposed to be Air con, Ensuite and tv in the room. Turned out to be a backpackers hotel . communal toilets/shower no tv no aircon. and walkin price was only A$50-00 per nite.

Many phone calls / emails finally after about a month of more phone calls we recieved a refund of A$48-00 Meaning that they still charged us A59-00 for a A$50-00 walkin room rate

A very unsatifactory service,

cheers,

lesdunbar

Why not checking on other websites if the price was ok and the place convenient?!