Hilton'S Roof Top Bar Photos

mitchell44

What's the anticipated opening?

within two months

Will meet you there for a sunset cocktail for sure! Let me know...

I'll join but make mine a Soda Water.

Went there this evening, enjoyed ourselves, but.

We have stayed at the hotel before so automatically went to the lift and pressed the button for the 34th floor, the lift wouldn't work so a fellow passenger inserted his Hilton residence key and we were good to go.

We were met at the exit to the lift and asked if we were wanted to dine or drink, we only wanted to drink and were offered a choice of seats.

The hostess asked if we were resident at the hotel, when my girlfriend explained that we were not the hostess asked her how we had accessed the floor. When my girlfriend explained, she was advised that we should have purchased an access code for the lift at 200 Baht each for admission to the bar, this would be credited against any bar bill, I assume to keep the riff raff out.

We ordered a bottle of wine at about 2200 Baht and a bottle of water, they don't sell Thai water but fly in Evian water from France at 220 Baht a bottle.

Not very busy, hardly surprising at those prices, but we did enjoy the view and the staff were very charming.

When it came to paying, my girlfriend asked for the bill, the bill came to me. I passed the bill to my girlfriend who checked it and gave the hostess her credit card. The credit card was returned to me with the credit card slip to sign, I passed it to my girlfriend to sign, the hostess seemed very uncomfortable with this.

Not surprised with the wine prices but disappointed with the fact they that only sold Evian water, didn't like the 200 Baht, refundable, entry fee though.

It certainly wouldn't be my local, especially as we live in Bangkok, gut we will go there occasionally.

Went there this evening, enjoyed ourselves, but.

We have stayed at the hotel before so automatically went to the lift and pressed the button for the 34th floor, the lift wouldn't work so a fellow passenger inserted his Hilton residence key and we were good to go.

We were met at the exit to the lift and asked if we were wanted to dine or drink, we only wanted to drink and were offered a choice of seats.

The hostess asked if we were resident at the hotel, when my girlfriend explained that we were not the hostess asked her how we had accessed the floor. When my girlfriend explained, she was advised that we should have purchased an access code for the lift at 200 Baht each for admission to the bar, this would be credited against any bar bill, I assume to keep the riff raff out.

We ordered a bottle of wine at about 2200 Baht and a bottle of water, they don't sell Thai water but fly in Evian water from France at 220 Baht a bottle.

Not very busy, hardly surprising at those prices, but we did enjoy the view and the staff were very charming.

When it came to paying, my girlfriend asked for the bill, the bill came to me. I passed the bill to my girlfriend who checked it and gave the hostess her credit card. The credit card was returned to me with the credit card slip to sign, I passed it to my girlfriend to sign, the hostess seemed very uncomfortable with this.

Not surprised with the wine prices but disappointed with the fact they that only sold Evian water, didn't like the 200 Baht, refundable, entry fee though.

It certainly wouldn't be my local, especially as we live in Bangkok, gut we will go there occasionally.

Good report...not very eco-friendly flying water half-way around the world when there are perfectly acceptable local spring waters available. Sounds like a pretentious place for Bangkok/farang hi-sos and wannabe hi-so a-holes so it will certainly be a very boring place.

Maybe one day I'll put on some shorts, a loud tank-top tee, colored socks, and my oldest tennis shoes and take a long walk along the beach to work up a good sweat/smell and then go there and stink-up the place really good smile.png

By the way, was the hostess a "looker"?

Edited by FarangBuddha