Decided To Step In This Pub

What No beer!!!!! Oh well won't be the first time I fell into the wrong place. I have been lurking here for a couple months and just jumped in when I saw a question I coud answer. I retire in a few months and Thailand is looking better every day (so long as my exwife can't go).

I live my life one S.W.A.G. (Scientific Wild Azz Guess) at a time, my guess after reading the threads is Thailand has plenty of good people and few no so good just like every other country. My coming there won't tip the scales. I look forward to seeing the smiles.

"This looks like an intersting character, Imam. Maybe we should strike up a conversation. All the previous newbies that have been on here have been looking for intelligent conversation, or decent girls, or the Holy Grail"

"Azzafak, Cowboy. 'Nthursnaenaethem hingaroonlongerthanagoodfart"

Well, Crazykid, welcome. Can we call you 'Calvin' to avoid confusion?

SC

"This looks like an intersting character, Imam. Maybe we should strike up a conversation. All the previous newbies that have been on here have been looking for intelligent conversation, or decent girls, or the Holy Grail"

SC

As long as no one thinks i'm this Calvin;

John Calvin (French: Jean Calvin, born Jehan Cauvin: 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation. He was a principal figure in the development of the system of Christian theology later called Calvinism.

I may be old and stuffy but not THAT old.

Oh.and where is the bar maid?

I am planning on staying for 1 year, longer if I want. I have a friend that has been going to Ubon for the last 5 years (stays 6 mos). So I will stay in a Ubon and in his village, Phibun Mangsahan to learn local life, customs and culture. After a couple months there I will go north or west to the coast.

It is all pretty up in the air. I will be free January of 2013 and plan to leave here in Febuary for Thailand. I know that is not a great time of year for the weather but I have big feet and float pretty well so don't much care if it rains.

Keyser; I can't see picture here at work, won't open. I'll check back from home to see if I should curse, (because it is a picture of me).crazy.gif

SC

As long as no one thinks i'm this Calvin;

John Calvin (French: Jean Calvin, born Jehan Cauvin: 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation. He was a principal figure in the development of the system of Christian theology later called Calvinism.

I may be old and stuffy but not THAT old.

Oh.and where is the bar maid?

I think it was carved locally

• 8 months later...