Retirement Extension Fixed Deposit

patongphil

Can anyone let me know if immigration in Phuket are accepting fixed deposits in either Baht or a foreign currenc ydeposit at present. Have heard rumours of yes and no so am looking for some definitive answers if possible.

What do you mean deposit? the fee is 1900 bht!!!

The OP is asking whether the 800,000 Bt that needs to be shown to immigration for the yearly retirement extension can be in a fixed deposit account, or, a foreign currency account. As I don't have a definitive answer, I've stayed out of this thread. Maybe you should do the same.

The OP is asking whether the 800,000 Bt that needs to be shown to immigration for the yearly retirement extension can be in a fixed deposit account, or, a foreign currency account. As I don't have a definitive answer, I've stayed out of this thread. Maybe you should do the same.

Wow there neddy!!! I did not understand the op's question so I had every right to post what I thought was a good answer!!

Wow there neddy!!! I did not understand the op's question so I had every right to post what I thought was a good answer!!

lolo so you have stayed out of this thread have you yet you still felt the need to post. funny!!

Don't be harsh - he is having a bad day smile.png

He asked for a definitive answer, you didn't even understand the question. Good reason to leave this thread alone.

Who's having a bad day? maybe a certain person is missing his boyfriend!!! cheesy.gif

He asked for a definitive answer, you didn't even understand the question. Good reason to leave this thread alone.

Mate read the post again maybe you will see he is asking about what?

So funny the op is asking for a definitive answer to a deposit for what? people on here are Ting Tong lol

Then again just noticed the op's thread heading, I must be Ting Tong!! cheesy.gif

Edited by kawapower

This subject has been discussed here not so long ago. If I remember well the main requirement by immigration is that the money has to be readily/easily available.

This would exclude foreign currency.

I renewed my retirement visa last week.

They accepted my 800,000 Baht in a fixed account. They had also accepted it for the previous two renewals.

I would be surprised if they accepted it in a currency other than baht. But I'm only guessing.

Hallo Patong Phil,

I think the answer is relative simple and most of the "definite" answers hint in that direction: The regulations say quite clear THB 800000.

If you use foreighn currency you resp. Thai immigration would always see the risk of the exchange rate. So theoretically you either have to constantly fill up or deduct some amount. I am sure that is not the intention of the Thai authorities.

Who's having a bad day? maybe a certain person is missing his boyfriend!!! cheesy.gif

that could only be from an aussie.

from uranuss by android

Edited by uranuss