Four Colombian Nationals Held In Spate Of Burglaries: Thailand

webfact

Colombians held in spate of burglaries

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Four Colombian nationals have been arrested for alleged multiple breakins at luxury homes in Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Chon Buri, using a car they rented to transport their loot.

Prior to a gunfight with police on Thursday that saw one of them shot and wounded, the four suspects were caught in the act of carrying out a heist at a Nonthaburi home by a team of police officers who had been tracking them. In an effort to escape, suspect Alexus Morina, the racket's getaway driver, sped up the sedan in an attempt to ram a policeman, but was shot in the back.

The three other suspects were identified as Willinton, Orlando and Stever Quintero. Officials did not say whether the three are related. They have been charged with burglary, attempted theft and trespass. Morina faces an additional charge of attempted murder of an onduty police officer.

Police said Willinton Quintero was arrested for theft and had been imprisoned for two years and three months.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-02

Police said Willinton Quintero was arrested for theft and had been imprisoned for two years and three months.

Arrested on Thursday and already imprisoned for 2 years, 3 months?

No court backlog in Thailand apparently.

• Like 1

Nigerians, Colombians, Burmese, Laos, Brits, Americans, Germans, Iranians, - they are all criminals preying on Thais. Rid Thailand of the scourge of foreign influence.

Correct - there are more than sufficiant low life Thai criminals here without foreigners helping them

That would be a "been there , done that" statement. In short, he is a recidivist.

That would be a "been there , done that" statement. In short, he is a recidivist.

Yes, I thought that might have been the case

I suppose this was in Thailand?By my knowledge i can be wrong but don't you get deported and blacklisted after you done your time???Back in the time you could easy fix to stay but that time is over these days I know only of some foreign drugdealers that are"allowed" to stay and work with the police and ofcourse for themself but never heard of foreigners that could stay after offences like this in recent years but then again i could be wrong.

I know personaly somebody blacklisted without ever doing something wrong in Thailand,his only offence was that a Europe country was asking for his arrest and deportation the guy have property a Thai wife and a Thai child,after he did his short jail term in Europe the guy boarded a plane to BKK and was sended back straight away......blacklisted forever without commiting 1crime in this country...

I suppose this was in Thailand?By my knowledge i can be wrong but don't you get deported and blacklisted after you done your time???Back in the time you could easy fix to stay but that time is over these days I know only of some foreign drugdealers that are"allowed" to stay and work with the police and ofcourse for themself but never heard of foreigners that could stay after offences like this in recent years but then again i could be wrong.

I know personaly somebody blacklisted without ever doing something wrong in Thailand,his only offence was that a Europe country was asking for his arrest and deportation the guy have property a Thai wife and a Thai child,after he did his short jail term in Europe the guy boarded a plane to BKK and was sended back straight away......blacklisted forever without commiting 1crime in this country...

Sorry? :o

Yep it was in Thailand, but he just got arrested on Thursday - so he's got a bit of time to serve his time yet.

I don't think this article was written 2 years 3 months and 2 days ago. ;)

-mel.

Put it this way................would you be happy if some guy convicted in another country of rape and/or child abuse was allowed the freedom to live next to your dear ones? Even though he had committed no crime in this country?

All countries should have the right to bar anyone from entry if they have sufficiently serious enough criminal convictions in their home or another country.

• Like 1

All countries should have the right to bar anyone from entry if they have sufficiently serious enough criminal convictions in their home or another country.

I beleive all countries do have the right not..."should"

Nigerians, Colombians, Burmese, Laos, Brits, Americans, Germans, Iranians, - they are all criminals preying on Thais. Rid Thailand of the scourge of foreign influence.

Indeed, too much competition for the Thai's preying on their own.

Edited by KHR1010

"Did they bring any HOT Colombianas with them?"

Colombianas are there for the "asking" at many of the high-end clubs in Bkk. In fact, a potpourri of nationalities

on parade at some of these places circa midnight. Hot, of course, is in the eye of the beholder.

Interesting question though if their boyfriends followed them here and then decided strike out on their own.

Edited by lifeisthefun

Did they bring any HOT Colombianas with them?

There are definitely some hotties in Colombia and they love Americans. The girls that is. Dudes don't like us at all. Everyone always tells you to trust nobody as they are giving you advise about where to go and where to stay away from.

I realize English may not be your first language but "had" refers to the past. So, "had been imprisoned" would indicate he previously served this time and not that he presently is or will in the future.

Edited by Nisa

I suppose this was in Thailand?By my knowledge i can be wrong but don't you get deported and blacklisted after you done your time???

Because of reasons you mention, I assumed this was not time he served in Thailand and likely something he admitted to officers at the police station. I assume he admitted this unless he was the only one whose record they checked because I suspect the majority of them have criminal records of some sort and one reason they took their crime spree to Thailand.

I realize English may not be your first language but "had" refers to the past. So, "had been imprisoned" would indicate he previously served this time and not that he presently is or will in the future.

Next you will be telling me 'was' is a past tense verb!

The English news story headlines often leave me scratching my head. I would think the part about a suspected foreign burglar being shot would be the most grabbing headline.

I beleive all countries do have the right not..."should"

I think every country should (and possibly most do) have the right to bar anyone from entering for numerous reasons with the end result being they don't have to let anybody in they don't want to or at least who they believe will provide no benefit to the country.

Edit: Actually, I believe in open boarders everywhere ... but that is more of an ideal world scenario and not one presently realistic.

Edited by Nisa