Lifan 1000Cc Supersport

In 2008 Yin Mingshan, president and founder of Chongqing Lifan Group announced that "Lifan's motorcycle line-up will be expanded from 20cc to 1,000cc models." Link Last year RichardBkk reported that Lifan would be producing China's first liter sportbike in 2012.

"a 998cc, 16 titanium valves DOHC, in-line four-cylinder engine with crossplane crankshaft engine build by Yamaha basically the same engine as the YZF-R1."

I can't find any more info on it. I am wondering if there has been any updates to this story?

Lifan-Road-Concept-01.jpg

Lifan-Road-Concept-02.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF THE QUALITY IS MAINTAINED WITH THE 250 CC CRUISER AND THE PRICE IS LOW IT WILL SELL LIKE HOT CAKES .

YES I HAVE A LIFAN 250 CC FOR A YEAR NOW AND IT A GREAT BIKE THAT HAS NOT GIVEN ME A SINGLE PROBLEM .

(SORRY FOR THE CAPS DOGY KEY BOARD )

Made in China Superbike? This is a joke right?

You ain't seen nothin !

how about chinese parts in your war machines ?

http://uk.news.yahoo...-103012001.html

Oops, this must be the end of the world. US army does not trust its own equipment.

laugh.png

Was actually listening to AFN the other week about this issue. Due to the lots of items procured, simply mixing in 10% of unnapproved source items can really net a profit for the supplier. If the quantity is sufficiently low, than there's a chance it will get pass a QA check at the warehouse...so basically either the military can trash the whole lot or go through piece by piece verifying it (and you can imagine how ungodly costly that would be).

Better dealer service then on a KTM RC8 for sure, Lifan is the brand to be if you know what company is behind it.

You're not really going to try and compare KTM's race proven RC8 against a Chinese company's first attempt at a liter bike, are you?!

2011-ktm-rc8r-opt.jpg

KTM_IDM_2011.jpg

True in Thailand KTM has only one dealer and service center, so if you live far from Bangkok it might be a bit inconvenient to get your bike serviced, but at least they have trained techs who know how to work on the bike.

Lifan?! Even if their liter bike exists, who in the heck is going to service and repair it in Thailand?

Get real!

Calm down. Noone ever said a Lifan liter bike would come to Thailand the next years.

Lifan is a great company with many interesting products for good prices. If they would bring a liter bike to Thailand there sure would be support for it. And it sure would cost much less than a KTM.

Edited by wantan

I like the looks, except for the fugly headlight. Any guesses on what it would cost?

300,000B.

Good thing you know the price of this 4 year old rumor... it's vaporware...

On the topic of chinese crap bikes Lifan, what puzzles me is: How is it that these are so cheap? The lifan 200cc dirt bike is around 70k, yes? Are there no import taxes for bikes from China, or do they pay 100% import tax and the bike is actually 35k?

I like the looks, except for the fugly headlight. Any guesses on what it would cost?

300,000B.

On the topic of chinese crap bikes Lifan, what puzzles me is: How is it that these are so cheap? The lifan 200cc dirt bike is around 70k, yes? Are there no import taxes for bikes from China, or do they pay 100% import tax and the bike is actually 35k?

No it's 46,000, and it's made near Rayong not China

Lifan Cross 200 is 47k Baht. Do you expect the same quality than a KLX for less than a third of the price? There are many happy owners of Lifans bikes. And if Lifan wants to build a Supersport then they sure can do it. All Lifan has stated is that they want to offer a range from 20cc up to 1000cc for motorbikes. Never a word about when exactly they start doing it smile.png

EDIT:

I was wrong, seems to be only 46k for the Cross200!

Edited by wantan

300,000B.

Whoa didn't know it was that cheap. So it is made in Thailand - thanks for the info!

@wantan nope, never said I'd expect the same quality as the KLX for that price. To the contrary, I'd expect about 1/3rd of the quality of a KLX :P

300,000B.

I don't know much about Lifan, but wouldn't it be more accurate to say it's imported from China and assembled in Thailand?

300,000B.

I guess the bold in "guesses" wasn't bold enough for you.

I would think that the prototype displayed at the 2011 Chinese Motorcycle Show would qualify this as more than just a rumor, or are you doubting the pictures authenticity?

300,000B.

I don't know much about Lifan, but wouldn't it be more accurate to say it's imported from China and assembled in Thailand?

I came across a post of mine from a year ago or so where I seemed pretty certain at the time that these were fully manufactured here. lol. Probably got it from RichardBKK so who knows. Wondering why he hasn't chimed in on this yet.

300,000B.

I guess the bold in "guesses" wasn't bold enough for you.

I would think that the prototype displayed at the 2011 Chinese Motorcycle Show would qualify this as more than just a rumor, or are you doubting the pictures authenticity?

Just because a company mocks up a concept or prototype doesn't mean it's actually going to be produced.

Anyone see the Honda V4 at last year's motorshow?

honda-v4-concept3.jpg

Can't imagine we'll be seeing this on the road any time soon (at least until someone figures out how to make a motorcycle stick without using tires anyway...) thumbsup.gif

Lifan has different showrooms/dealers for big bikes; these big bike showrooms are targeting the higher market segment. Currently Lifan sells in its big bike showrooms MV Agusta motorcycles, and Lifan has the plan to add to the MV Agusta model line-up two of its own motorcycles a 600cc and a 1000cc.

Lifan Industry Co Ltd has signed an agreement with MV Agusta Motor S.p.A to cooperate on various areas including distribution and parts supply. With this deal Lifan also became shareholder of MV Agusta S.p.A.

The whole idea is basically for the Chinese domestic market, but the development costs are of the nature that they probably need to sell them also outside China. The motorcycles are being developed by Lifan Japan; Lifan is one of the only Chinese motorcycle manufacturers who have a Japanese R&D and production facility in Japan.

Anyway we need to wait a bit longer, any (real over 400cc) production model from Lifan would probably not appear for another year. This could be faster or later as Lifan is looking to buy itself a big bike manufacturer.