Traffic

Just being here for a few days , and being away for 6 months , I can see the sheer build up of traffic , there are now to many cars using the roads for what they where design for .. Plus more motorbikes ( kids being the worst ) using the roads. You now even have to wait nearly 5 mins to cross the ring road safely , before , maybe 20 secs as no traffic , but now it's like the m25 , but with 25 times the butters driving ...

Question is , how can the island cope ? , as nothing appears to being done now ? I also see more mercs and porches on the island .. But a small island should reallymbe limited to only x amount of cars?

Plus I also see then-daily road kill has gone up here , not animals but humans , was surprised to see a guy knock off a bike and killed warranted all of 15 mins time and the roadnwas back to normal

It really depends on time of day you are driving around, Skools are back so it's busy around 7.30 am then 3.30 pm +- that adds to the rush hours when people headed to werk! crazy.gif

Some times one get to the ring road and it's pretty clear .... you sort of wonder where everyone went! unsure.png

Perhaps this is why on the ring road on the west side of the island is being "done right", wider with what looks like things in place, IE drainage, black water pipe, etc... time will tell! .... of course this is obviously planned for the tunnel and bridge in mind whistling.gif

The bottle necks will increase in Nanthon and Hau Thanon w00t.gifohmy.png

Boater is correct in his observations. Much more traffic about.

The increased volume seems to bring an increase in stupidity as more and more drivers/riders try to fight larger volumes of other idiots trying to get nowhere faster. blink.png

Even the taxis are spawning. More than 500 now. (Does anyone know the real number?)

My vote for the worst bottleneck - Bang Rak market. Very busy 4 - 6 pm with stupid parking, idiots thinking about shopping instead of looking when crossing the road and the minibuses from the airport on the junction from the 5 pm Tha/BA flights. Do not forget the ferry at approx 5.30! crazy.gif

Add to that all of the happy little workers heading home.wacko.png

Mayhem