TrueVisions' Subscribers Outraged As TV Screens Goes Blank During EURO 2012

webfact

I give a dam_n less about soccer, True Vision screwed us American Fans about two years ago when they took real Football and other sports off the air once again over money. True Vision really has no vision for the future.

As a Canadian, I can understand your point.

However surely real football is a game played with the feet and a round ball. Fortunately, the word soccer was coined also by the English and thus football and soccer are synonymous.

Football was invented in England hundreds of years ago. American & Canadian football are similar as they have their origins in rugby football, another game invented by the English at Rugby school, and games are played using an oval ball, which is handled.

In fact both North American games are closer to rugby than soccer.

My 75 satangs worthwai.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give a dam_n less about soccer, True Vision screwed us American Fans about two years ago when they took real Football and other sports off the air once again over money. True Vision really has no vision for the future.

As a Canadian, I can understand your point.

However surely real football is a game played with the feet and a round ball. Fortunately, the word soccer was coined also by the English and thus football and soccer are synonymous.

Football was invented in England hundreds of years ago. American & Canadian football are similar as they have their origins in rugby football, another game invented by the English at Rugby school, and games are played using an oval ball, which is handled.

In fact both North American games are closer to rugby than soccer.

My 75 satangs worthwai.gif

It was only with a "famous disregard for the rules" that William Webb Ellis picked up the ball and ran with it, that Rugby Football was founded and spread around the public schools system. Before that point, Rugby Football was played by passing it by kicking it forwards, a bit like Aussie rules, another game created by a person associated with Rugby School.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Just checked the old cable running from our rooftop antenna - it works. Not the best quality but at least I'll know the score...

People who never had an old fashioned antenna are screwed and I don't know who to blame - True or Grammy and it's not really important.

It seems that simply buying Grammy box and plugging in cable running from True dish will not work.

Thaiexpat TV sounds okay but now that I've got signal from rooftop antenna I don't see the need for it as I'm not interested in UK channels. They don't offer football in HD yet, that would have been a big plus. Also 600 baht per month for software or 8,000 baht box plus subscription is not particularly cheap.

It was only with a "famous disregard for the rules" that William Webb Ellis picked up the ball and ran with it, that Rugby Football was founded and spread around the public schools system. Before that point, Rugby Football was played by passing it by kicking it forwards, a bit like Aussie rules, another game created by a person associated with Rugby School.

I'm afraid you've fallen victim to a public schoolboy's wank fantasy. William Webb Ellis did no such thing and in fact, the League and Union codes pre-dated the Association code by several hundred years.

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/wiki/index.php/William_Webb_Ellis_Myth

Next time you feel like repeating the self-aggrandising boasts of smarmy public schoolboys, try thinking a bit.

• Like 2

Cannot see what all the fuss is about. Just gives me a great excuse to sit in the local 'Pub' in Chiang Mai with a pint of Amber Nectar and watch it on a large screen.

Pubs are open at 2 to 4 am?

I'm afraid you've fallen victim to a public schoolboy's wank fantasy. William Webb Ellis did no such thing and in fact, the League and Union codes pre-dated the Association code by several hundred years.

http://www.rugbyrefs...Webb_Ellis_Myth

Next time you feel like repeating the self-aggrandising boasts of smarmy public schoolboys, try thinking a bit.

Its funny how one line can change an entire post. You started off by correcting someone as you had a little more knowledge on the subject, always a good thing as most of us like accurate info. Had you left it at that then everyone would have thought..good. But then you had to make a complete kno* of yourself by inserting the last line. What a shame.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

• Like 1

I always wondered where the term 'soccer' came from and it turns out that it is an English term made up from the 'assoc' in the word association. Association Football.

Anyway lets hope we all get to watch the Euro's on what ever channel.

Anyone know if you get it in Chiang Mai? I have WEE TV cable.

Here you go. http://www.thaivisa....p?/topic/557515 Wetv Confirm Euro 2012 Coverage.

Sent from my CASIO Calculator

Cheers mate know what channels I tried to click on your url but said cannot find page..

Mmm, I clicked and url works fine. Maybe, you should search 'WeTV'?

Edited by BuddhistVirus

Just checked the old cable running from our rooftop antenna - it works. Not the best quality but at least I'll know the score...

People who never had an old fashioned antenna are screwed and I don't know who to blame - True or Grammy and it's not really important.

It seems that simply buying Grammy box and plugging in cable running from True dish will not work.

Thaiexpat TV sounds okay but now that I've got signal from rooftop antenna I don't see the need for it as I'm not interested in UK channels. They don't offer football in HD yet, that would have been a big plus. Also 600 baht per month for software or 8,000 baht box plus subscription is not particularly cheap.

Correct, Thai Expat TV is not available in HD. Yet. But I would say a single 600B payment for the 1 month software package to watch the Euro's in perfect quality with English commentary is a steal. It also offers a 12hr & 24hr delay to catch any missed games. With many US channels & on demand content coming later in 2012. The set top box is a premium hardware unit, with an easy to use remote control. Once you have it in place & connected to your TV, it really does warrant its value.

I've just bought a set-top box from thaiexpat.tv for 8,000 baht with a 12 month subscription. There are 8 uk channels streamed live and with 2 time delays. Servers are based in Thailand so a 3mb line does a great job.

The box has a HDMI port, etherenet port and a digital audio if want to listen in surrond sound. It's like an apple tv, with on screen graphics where you use a remote to flick through the channels.

You don't have to have a box, you can use a PC to get the software. Visit the websiteto see for yourself or sign up for a 2 day trial.

I'm cancelling True as it's too expensive and doesn't have what I want to watch.

Why don't you pay to be a thaivisa sponsor instead of pretending to be a satisfied customer? I wouldn't trust a company that resorts to shrill marketing on internet forums to get free advertising.

• Like 2

Correct, Thai Expat TV is not available in HD. Yet. But I would say a single 600B payment for the 1 month software package to watch the Euro's in perfect quality with English commentary is a steal. It also offers a 12hr & 24hr delay to catch any missed games. With many US channels & on demand content coming later in 2012. The set top box is a premium hardware unit, with an easy to use remote control. Once you have it in place & connected to your TV, it really does warrant its value.

Another one...

I've just bought a set-top box from thaiexpat.tv for 8,000 baht with a 12 month subscription. There are 8 uk channels streamed live and with 2 time delays. Servers are based in Thailand so a 3mb line does a great job.

The box has a HDMI port, etherenet port and a digital audio if want to listen in surrond sound. It's like an apple tv, with on screen graphics where you use a remote to flick through the channels.

You don't have to have a box, you can use a PC to get the software. Visit the websiteto see for yourself or sign up for a 2 day trial.

I'm cancelling True as it's too expensive and doesn't have what I want to watch.

This sounds what I have been looking for, except is there a setup or company offering T.V. from the U.S.A. ??? I am tired of paying platium rates for true t.v. crapola... Thanks in advance!

The Thai Expat TV service will be launching US channels & on demand programs later in 2012.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!! MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!

If you have any friends with resonable internet (upload of 1Mbit or higher) in your homecountry just buy a slingbox and you're ok! No silly monthly fees!

Is this GRAMMY Box really that easy to install?

I currently have a gold package with TRUE that has a red dish on the roof

Can someone please tell me how I can set up this GRAMMY box

Please advise where I can purchase the box?

What is the name on the GRAMMY box that I need to purchase?

And how can I install it myself

Thanks in advance

Tesco,7-11,Big C,unplug ur old box,plug in z-box,change the menu to english,u will need help for that,look for the card number in menu,call gmm,within 1 hour they open encrypted channels like asn and eurosport

As far as I know the box costs around 1,500 Baht.

There will be some Thai channels plus a Movie channel, Nat Geo Adventure, Euro Sport and other sport channels. M.U.T.V

After a month the "premium channels" will cost around 3 hundred Baht a month.

There is a big promotion in Big C.

oopps are u mixing up with true box?gmm says it will be free all the time,nothing to pay after 3 months

For me it works great, no problem.

I've collected a few quotes from this thread on this question. Somehow I trust the first guy's experience more. The other solutions mean a bit of tweaking, even the guy who put a splitter could have had his dish repositioned first, which makes total sense.

That's not what happened to me. I bought the box, plugged in the cable from my True Visions red satellite dish but get error 52 and am unable to tune in any programs. GMM Call Center say I have to reposition my dish - which will mess up my True Visions reception!

Yes, I know people that have actually put a splitter on their True dish, run another cable to their living room and done it. The box IS PLUG AND PLAY. When I had it the code was 9999 for set up. But now you have to pay first I think. I don't really know I don't have it anymore.

Yes, it is possible. However, I have mine connected through IPM TV dish and pointed to Thaicom (same satellite position true visions is on).

(Sorry for double posting)

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a GMM representative? I followed the instructions for registering (thanks!) but I get some error. Since the call centre menu is in Thai, it doesn't help much. I tried the other menu options and got put on hold for a while, after which the line got disconnected.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

don't worry, there are many alternatives just as exciting as watching soccer, like watching grass grow

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll stick with football for now, even though it may not be as exciting as watching grass grow.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a GMM representative? I followed the instructions for registering (thanks!) but I get some error. Since the call centre menu is in Thai, it doesn't help much. I tried the other menu options and got put on hold for a while, after which the line got disconnected.

02841888 then press 4 ask for english speaker ,change the menu language of ur z-box,u will need cardnumber,no card number no registration

02841888 then press 4 ask for english speaker ,change the menu language of ur z-box,u will need cardnumber,no card number no registration

Thanks for your help! I tried that already but it didn't work. After a few minutes they simply disconnected me. Anyway, I will keep trying. Good to know that it's number 4 indeed :)

Thanks again