Uk Thai Wife On Ilr What Countries To Travel Too?

HI everyone, not posted in a while(not had the need to!)

Been trying to find out where I can go on holiday with my UK Thai wife(currently on ILR) I can find some listed countries but I was wondering if they are outdated(2008) Is she still ok to travel to Maldives without a visa? Also could we go to Dubai or egypt?

Many thanks in advance for your help here :)

Cheers

Newstart

See Where Can Thai People Go Without Visa?

Also, as she has ILR in the UK she should be able to travel to another EEA country without a visa. But, the actual regulation is a non EEA national holding permanent residence in another EEA state doesn't need a visa to enter any EEA state. I have heard of some people with UK ILR having difficulty because of this as indefinite is not permanent!

Yeah she has been here 4 yrs now we are wanting to go on holiday in July as this is the only time off work together we can get, I know applying for citizenship can take 3-6 months and its almost a 1k now I think! So We can always apply after the hols I would rather spend the extra k on a more upmarket holiday atm lol..thanks!

Hi,

This is someting I have looked into for when my wife gets her ILR soon as we fancy a holiday later this year. I have found that France, Germany, Holland & Greece dont require a visa if you have ILR and are travelling or will meet your UK (EEA) familly member, you may need marriage cerificate also to prove this if asked on entry. I found this by just going onto the embassy website for each country, I checked out Spain and they do require a visa.

My wife will certainly be applying for citizenship next year so were free to go anywhere!!! Expensive but im sure it will be worth it,

Have a good holiday

Andy

Hi All

On this topic, I would like to take my thai wife ( she is on a Spouse Visa since Sept 2011, not yet on a ILR Visa. ) To Paris for 2/3 Days, is it possible to do this? looking at the forms today its looks like in may be possible, but can we get a visa for her? Would it be called a Hoilday Visa?

Alan Day

Hi All

On this topic, I would like to take my thai wife ( she is on a Spouse Visa since Sept 2011, not yet on a ILR Visa. ) To Paris for 2/3 Days, is it possible to do this? looking at the forms today its looks like in may be possible, but can we get a visa for her? Would it be called a Hoilday Visa?

Alan Day

Schengen Visa will be the easiest route. It is free of charge for spouses of EU nationals and may require an interview.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Visa-for-family-of-an-European

We used to travel to Germany quite often and the Schengen was always issued for 6 months and for 12 months after ILR. After the initial interview at the embassy in London renewals were by post and very efficient. However the French (being French ) may just prove difficult based on a friend's experience with the embassy. We travelled to Norway, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Portugal during the period my wife was on Schengen visas. If Germany does not require an interview then maybe a night in Cologne before going to France may be an option.

Canada was also visited whilst on spouse visa and the Canadian visa application was done by post with no interview.