Stormy Weather On Samui.

Well I flew on the 1145 am flight off the rock , and had to buy new pants when I arrived in Bangkok ... Man was that a bad flight .. Didn't help the fact the cabin crew where ginning out the paper featuring a plane crash

Another good down pour with wind and thunder last night around 11 pm and still drizzling to heavier rain, this morning in Maenam area ....sad.png

I am surprised electric never flickered.....(hope this does not jinks that) the telly faded out for about 10 minutes.... It's starting to feel like November.... bah.gif

It's got the frogs going at it too !! biggrin.png

Any flooding starting to show up anywhere ?

Flooding in Chumpon and Ranong. Samui is actually upgrading facilities little by little and one at a time, less hot spots and less areas flood now. Recent additions; in front of the ghost road almost completed and currently about to start work in front of Wat Plai Laem.

OOdles of rain and strong winds lashing the NE tip of Samui at the moment.

Flights have just started again as the winds die down. Well first plane that I have heard for an hour or two, so I assume that they had stopped.

Edited by Tropicalevo

After reading reports of other areas of Thailand, I think we can consider our selves relatively lucky.... we still seem to have some pretty good winds, the rain has eased off (so far since yesterday afternoon, in Maenam anyway!!! )

I am not sure I would want to be out in a boat or ferry.... sick.gif

And no power cuts? ..... fingers xxx !!!! thumbsup.gif

I have to head south soon.... how and when to go is the question! ermm.gif

Ferries to mainland are running on schedule.

Leave for Phuket tomorrow afternoon, weather predictions are fine over the weekend with Phuket supposedly even having better conditions compared to Samui,according to Windguru.

Leave for Phuket tomorrow afternoon, weather predictions are fine over the weekend with Phuket supposedly even having better conditions compared to Samui,according to Windguru.

Hope so, have a run to Malaysia and back on Sunday.

Well I flew on the 1145 am flight off the rock , and had to buy new pants when I arrived in Bangkok ... Man was that a bad flight .. Didn't help the fact the cabin crew where ginning out the paper featuring a plane crash

I am sure I read something about thermals and currents in the air (maybe I made that up) that say flights into the Samui/Surat area tend to be a little dodgy with cross winds. Always seems ropey when I fly to/from there

thats ok u shall nothave a dmaged car then. better get your trainers on now then. jog on )

thats ok u shall nothave a dmaged car then. better get your trainers on now then. jog on )

There are at least two reports running in Phuket Forum, about the weather being much worse than here, I'd take a boo first, at that....smile.png