Manchester United

redrus

Mods

Monitor this thread closely,too many innuendo,s creeping in lately,boredom creeping in due to international friendlies cheesy.gif

I blame the mods for this fixture nightmare...one in particular is a notorious England supporter.

It's time we exposed such shameful behaviour.

Are you suggesting (like my wife did) that i have arranged our week in the boonies around football and ensured there was an international break whilst here

Abso bloody lutely thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Mods

Monitor this thread closely,too many innuendo,s creeping in lately,boredom creeping in due to international friendlies cheesy.gif

I blame the mods for this fixture nightmare...one in particular is a notorious England supporter.

Are you suggesting (like my wife did) that i have arranged our week in the boonies around football and ensured there was an international break whilst here

I like your wife...say hi for us! :D

• Like 1

Mods

I like your wife...say hi for us! :D
she says hi back and asks was that the ki neow guy with his chips. :o

Mods

Lets warn smokie for discussing moderation. laugh.png

• Like 1

Ranieri will do us.

I think he is doing a splended job at Leicester and personally I don't like when the bigger clubs take away managers that are doing a great job making the smaller teams successful, I would like to see Mourinio come in he will give Pep a run for his money and keep things interesting, I don't really like Mourinio I think he is a arrogant got, but maybe he is what we really need, no way he will sit on his ass doing a suduko like Lvg while the team is getting bullied by the other team and officials that's for sure.

• Like 1

United need stabilty which immediatly,for me, rules out Mourinho who seems to have a 3 season shelf life and his ego and constant controversy, brought on by himself, is not what United need.

Which leaves me wanting Ronald Koeman, still young and ambitious enough, has done a great job with limited resources at Southampton and at at a point in his career where he deserves a bigger club or Lauren Blanc who must be bored in the French League but has apparently signed a new contract.

Giggsy for me should leave OT and create a pathway for himself somewhere else ,Still young enough to come back at some stage but almost seems like part of the furniture and maybe not taken seriously.

Positives, the potential of the young guns not one has failed to shine.Martial and Rasford could well be the new Cole/Yorke combo.Shaw coming back although I hope he does not play again this season.The next time he charges into the box he will be on edge,that totally natural believe me.

United have spent a lot of money and some not wisely but apparently 40 players ar enow off the wages bill if the Manchester Evening News are correct.

Onto Everton Sunday who themselves have disappointed their fan base. Expectations need to be wound back for a lot of clubs,symptomatic of society today.

Ranieri will do us.

My guess if United do not qualify for the CL or win the FA Cup then LVG will leave and I personally believe Giggs will (should) be given the chance,he took over as caretaker from Moyes and has been assistant to LVG,I have no doubt certain assurances were given to him at the time regarding his position at the end of LVG,s term.

Lack of managerial experience maybe but he knows the club inside out and if he felt he was not up to it he would not take it on,he knows the demands and the pressures what managing a club of United,s standing are.

Ronald Koeman and Laurent Blanc plus my manager of the year Stefan Bilic have done well at their clubs and seem fine managers in the making but not ready yet for United,LVG is a highly experienced manager but at times has found it difficult and made mistakes (certainly in the early days regarding United,s playing style) but do not forget that at the beginning of december we were sat at the top of the Premier League (not playing particularly attractive football mind you) then the injuries came along,results suffered and the press had a field day with LVG.

If LVG does conjure up something and wants to finish out his last year then I will go with him..............then Giggsy thumbsup.gif

Well thankfully back to the premiership and an kick offs an hour earler.

Endless speculation continues about LVG's future as if United have been the only team to disappoint this season.

Some United supporters,maybe newbies that got on the bandwagon a few seasons back, seem to think that United have some God given right to win trophies, those days are gone as Chelsea and Man City have discovered.

While I agree LVG has made mistakes, havent all managers? His indiscretions for me of late were the negative subsitutes he made with the Liverpool loss inthe Europa league and maybe it was felt by him happy to be out of it. LVG did say 3 years were needed to get back to being competitive.He's had 2

From my perspective its the experienced players,injuries and recruitement policy that should bear responsibilty for this seasons disappointment.

United have never replaced Scholes, a creative player who can score goals and Keane a mid field enforcer who was box to box also used to pop up and score vital goals.

Looking at United's current engine room

Scheinderlin ....just not the player he was at Southhamptonwhere he was the at the core of everything they did well.

Mata.... has a good game and then a complete innocuos performance the next game,can't tackle and is constantly pushed off the ball.

Herrara.... seems to find the physicality of English football beyond him, just does not suit his game and constantly injured.

Schweinsteiger...was generally known before he signed that he was injury prone.He might well be still Germany's captain but his glory days are over

Fellaina ......never a United player, the proverbial square peg in a round hole and walks the red card tightrope every game.

Carrick... Still gives 100% but time and injuries have caught up with him ,now in the twilight of his career.

Rooney...even before his latest injury just a shadow of his former self.14 years in the top grade ,not a natural athlete, looks burnt out. Will most likely play under 21's next week but the season may well be done and dusted when he gets back to full fitness

No team can ride through an injury crisis United has had. 16 players at one stage were either sick or injured.Not an excuse but a factor. If that had happened to Leicester would they be where they are today ?

So back to will LVG,will he go or stay.I don't think he will be sacked but maybe come to a mutual agreement to leave.

United need stabilty which immediatly,for me, rules out Mourinho who seems to have a 3 season shelf life and his ego and constant controversy, brought on by himself, is not what United need.

Which leaves me wanting Ronald Koeman, still young and ambitious enough, has done a great job with limited resources at Southampton and at at a point in his career where he deserves a bigger club or Lauren Blanc who must be bored in the French League but has apparently signed a new contract.

Giggsy for me should leave OT and create a pathway for himself somewhere else ,Still young enough to come back at some stage but almost seems like part of the furniture and maybe not taken seriously.

Positives, the potential of the young guns not one has failed to shine.Martial and Rasford could well be the new Cole/Yorke combo.Shaw coming back although I hope he does not play again this season.The next time he charges into the box he will be on edge,that totally natural believe me.

United have spent a lot of money and some not wisely but apparently 40 players ar enow off the wages bill if the Manchester Evening News are correct.

Onto Everton Sunday who themselves have disappointed their fan base. Expectations need to be wound back for a lot of clubs,symptomatic of society today.

With regard to a good central midfielder, I always thought that Ashley Young had it in him to be a big influence in that position. He played there at Watford when he first came to prominence, but at Villa under O'Neill and at Utd under Ferguson he was played on the wing and became a bit lost at times as can happen with wingers. He is two footed and can pass and cross a ball accurately; he's also got a good shot on him. He isn't noted for his tackling, but that was a weakness with Scholes too. LVG now plays him at full back; when he's fit but I think he could have another 5 years at the top if played in CM - his best position. The new Roy Keane to win the ball for Utd? You could do worse than get Danny Drinkwater back. Or his mate Kante?

Well thankfully back to the premiership and an kick offs an hour earler.

Endless speculation continues about LVG's future as if United have been the only team to disappoint this season.

Some United supporters,maybe newbies that got on the bandwagon a few seasons back, seem to think that United have some God given right to win trophies, those days are gone as Chelsea and Man City have discovered.

While I agree LVG has made mistakes, havent all managers? His indiscretions for me of late were the negative subsitutes he made with the Liverpool loss inthe Europa league and maybe it was felt by him happy to be out of it. LVG did say 3 years were needed to get back to being competitive.He's had 2

From my perspective its the experienced players,injuries and recruitement policy that should bear responsibilty for this seasons disappointment.

United have never replaced Scholes, a creative player who can score goals and Keane a mid field enforcer who was box to box also used to pop up and score vital goals.

Looking at United's current engine room

Scheinderlin ....just not the player he was at Southhamptonwhere he was the at the core of everything they did well.

Mata.... has a good game and then a complete innocuos performance the next game,can't tackle and is constantly pushed off the ball.

Herrara.... seems to find the physicality of English football beyond him, just does not suit his game and constantly injured.

Schweinsteiger...was generally known before he signed that he was injury prone.He might well be still Germany's captain but his glory days are over

Fellaina ......never a United player, the proverbial square peg in a round hole and walks the red card tightrope every game.

Carrick... Still gives 100% but time and injuries have caught up with him ,now in the twilight of his career.

Rooney...even before his latest injury just a shadow of his former self.14 years in the top grade ,not a natural athlete, looks burnt out. Will most likely play under 21's next week but the season may well be done and dusted when he gets back to full fitness

No team can ride through an injury crisis United has had. 16 players at one stage were either sick or injured.Not an excuse but a factor. If that had happened to Leicester would they be where they are today ?

So back to will LVG,will he go or stay.I don't think he will be sacked but maybe come to a mutual agreement to leave.

Are you quite certain that you are from Australia ?

koeman, blanc and (slaven) bilic are not yet ready for united but giggs is? interesting perspective.

A certain David Moyes had the same credentials (if not better) as these guys,excellent manager at Everton and if he so chose a job for life there, but the step up to managing United found him wanting,the reason why is simply that people do not realize how big a club United are,and with it the expectations.

Ryan Giggs is fully aware of the enormity of managing United and if he feels it is too much for him he will decline it,but my gut feeling is he would relish the challenge.thumbsup.gif

koeman, blanc and (slaven) bilic are not yet ready for united but giggs is? interesting perspective.

A certain David Moyes had the same credentials (if not better) as these guys,excellent manager at Everton and if he so chose a job for life there, but the step up to managing United found him wanting,the reason why is simply that people do not realize how big a club United are,and with it the expectations.

Ryan Giggs is fully aware of the enormity of managing United and if he feels it is too much for him he will decline it,but my gut feeling is he would relish the challenge.thumbsup.gif

David Moyes had the same credentials (if not better) than Laurent Blanc??????????blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

What exactly has Moyes ever won as a manager?

Do you actually know who Laurent Blanc is?cheesy.gif

• Like 1

David Moyes had the same credentials (if not better) than Laurent Blanc??????????blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

What exactly has Moyes ever won as a manager?

Ranieri will do us.

My guess if United do not qualify for the CL or win the FA Cup then LVG will leave and I personally believe Giggs will (should) be given the chance,he took over as caretaker from Moyes and has been assistant to LVG,I have no doubt certain assurances were given to him at the time regarding his position at the end of LVG,s term.

Lack of managerial experience maybe but he knows the club inside out and if he felt he was not up to it he would not take it on,he knows the demands and the pressures what managing a club of United,s standing are.

Ronald Koeman and Laurent Blanc plus my manager of the year Stefan Bilic have done well at their clubs and seem fine managers in the making but not ready yet for United,LVG is a highly experienced manager but at times has found it difficult and made mistakes (certainly in the early days regarding United,s playing style) but do not forget that at the beginning of december we were sat at the top of the Premier League (not playing particularly attractive football mind you) then the injuries came along,results suffered and the press had a field day with LVG.

If LVG does conjure up something and wants to finish out his last year then I will go with him..............then Giggsy thumbsup.gif

Ranieri isn't your manager of the year!!!!!!!!!!! And Giggs has nowhere near the managerial experience to take on the United job.

The obvious fit is Pochettino.

Ranieri isn't your manager of the year!!!!!!!!!!! And Giggs has nowhere near the managerial experience to take on the United job.

You are welcome to your opinion Carmine................I,ve given mine thumbsup.gif

You are welcome to your opinion Carmine................I,ve given mine thumbsup.gif

Ranieri and Dele Alli are stroll ins for manager and young player.

Regards Pochettino, i think thats a very obvious choice too and don't forget, he would utilize Carringtons youth players and probably saved you around 230m. Yes my opinion but its not rocket science.

Dont you think it is time you stopped being our feeder club Carms?

We have. Were now Real Madrid's feeder club.

Don't know why i'm joking. I'm expecting a huge bid for Kane or Alli coming from their way at some stage

Sorry I didn,t realise he,d managed an ENGLISH premier league club.............remind me again who it was whistling.gif

R Sole clap2.gif

So you are saying a man who has had managerial experience managing France, as well as managing a team to win French Premier League as well as managing a team to the semi finals of Champions League is less qualified to manage The Rags than either a man whose sole management achievment was winning division 2 with Preston or a man who has never managed a team in any capacity.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You are a funny man peter!!

I wish you were right and Giggs becomes manager. Right fekkin laugh that would be!!gigglem.gif

Don't know why i'm joking. I'm expecting a huge bid for Kane or Alli coming from their way at some stage

I think you should be more worried about us as we have got more money than em all!

I think you should be more worried about us as we have got more money than em all!

Our Man Yoo premium gets larger every year.

We love to take your money...Bale for £150 million?

Yup come n get him! biggrin.pngclap2.gif