Manchester United

redrus

45 minutes ago, MrRed said:

Fairweather? 6th spot? :whistling:

Come on Bob you know we are eventually going to be above you again very possibly this season in the league.

I will just remind you that when you are Manchester United every game is a big game :smile:

Cup winners this season already..... quarter finalists in Europe and STILL in the shout for a Champions League position!!

Hows your season panning out? Still the boards fault is it or is Klipperty back in favour?

You are the classic fairweather, on here anyway. Look you are chiming in now after beating the worst team ever. 

You still need to play some big teams yet Red, you'd be doing pretty well to finish in the Top 4.

At least if you don't, your boss can cry like a bitch about the world hating United with so many games to play and it's everyone else's fault.

Sure I'd take a cup, but i'd sacrifice a cup too, particularly the one you won.

Season's going pretty well,  12 points better off than this time last season and nice run in to the finish line. 

Fergie is gone Red, only money can bring you glory now, money will never be as consistent as Fergie.:thumbsup:

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You are the classic fairweather, on here anyway. Look you are chiming in now after beating the worst team ever. 

You still need to play some big teams yet Red, you'd be doing pretty well to finish in the Top 4

Fergie is gone Red, only money can bring you glory now, money will never be as consistent as Fergie.:thumbsup:

Bob

Why the praise for "old red nose" now :sleep: he never got any from the experts on this forum when he was in charge :thumbsup:

I don,t know your age but I sincerely hope you live long enough to see a Premeirship trophy land in the cabinet at Anfield............but don,t go holding your breath now :clap2:

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

Bob

Why the praise for "old red nose" now :sleep: he never got any from the experts on this forum when he was in charge :thumbsup:

I don,t know your age but I sincerely hope you live long enough to see a Premeirship trophy land in the cabinet at Anfield............but don,t go holding your breath now :clap2:

You can't deny Alex Ferguson was one of the greatest managers across any sport. As much as we might have despised his success, you have to admire his talent. The winning mentality and relentless striving to do better and never give up are what I like to see in people, never mind footballers.

I'm 43 so plenty of time yet....I hope :biggrin:

15 hours ago, petermik said:

Another gem from one of our many friends from down the East Lancs road,yes spot on Bob :clap2:

Just relieved to get the three points as we were looking tired throughout,great goal by Lingard :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, carmine said:

If they are tired they are not fit enough.  No excuse for that.

Your understanding and knowledge of what is required of a premiership player carms is amazing,I take my hat off to you-there is a local junior league side looking for a manager here may I put your name forward :wai:

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You can't deny Alex Ferguson was one of the greatest managers across any sport. As much as we might have despised his success, you have to admire his talent. The winning mentality and relentless striving to do better and never give up are what I like to see in people, never mind footballers.

I'm 43 so plenty of time yet....I hope :biggrin:

I have never denied Fergies achievements,its the other plonkers out there who begrudged him and Uniteds success,football will never see the likes of him again simply because the money floating around today demands that managers deliver the goods almost immediately,the clowns up in most boardrooms today are just businessmen with little knowledge of the game itself,it took Fergie 4 years to deliver his first trophy,Ranieri won the title in his first season at Leicester and look whats just happened to him.

43 eh? you lucky chap :thumbsup:

Theres a bit of snow on my roof but theres plenty of fire down below.......just yet anyhow :cheesy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Oh yes he did peter. I don't know a single poster on here who ever doubted his ability. Many didn't like his personality but everyone held their hands up to what he achieved and most couldn't wait till the old bugger retired. :smile:

13 hours ago, petermik said:

Your understanding and knowledge of what is required of a premiership player carms is amazing,I take my hat off to you-there is a local junior league side looking for a manager here may I put your name forward :wai:

We do loads more yardage than United and you don't hear us complain about fatigue.

Listen to your ex captain because he seems to agree with me too.  And id suggest his knowledge of the club and football in general is slightly greater than yours.  Even Bournmouth, who work off a fraction of United's resources don't complain, and they too do loads more yardage as their playing style requires.

Oh and btw, theres been loads of respect shown to Ferguson on here in the past, but i don't think you were a poster back then.  We certainly didn't like aspects of his "game" but always respected his achievements as much as it would suit you to think different.

19 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You still need to play some big teams yet Red, you'd be doing pretty well to finish in the Top 4.

At least if you don't, your boss can cry like a bitch about the world hating United with so many games to play and it's everyone else's fault.

Sure I'd take a cup, but i'd sacrifice a cup too, particularly the one you won.

Season's going pretty well,  12 points better off than this time last season and nice run in to the finish line. 

''Classic fairweather'' deary me!!

Big teams ...We are the big team everyone looks to play end of story YNFA

ABU.... anyone but United.........Mourinho has got the best advice about how to play the media from the master, miserable is the new happy! 

Sacrifice a cup ....your lot are not in the position to sacrifice any trophy at the moment wouldn't you agree?

Nice run in to the finish line? you will bottle it! and to be fair you have fa left to play for other than that.

Money is the game now unless you have been sleeping over the last 10 years.....am i right in saying that Liverpools fans biggest gripe is the board not opening there wallets? so what do you want new players of quality or same same next season....don't be a hypocrite Bobby :smile:

Money pays for our and yours youth system......now bob on!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh yes he did peter. I don't know a single poster on here who ever doubted his ability. Many didn't like his personality but everyone held their hands up to what he achieved and most couldn't wait till the old bugger retired. :smile:

that's about the size of it. ferguson's achievements with united were amazing, every fan has to admit that however grudgingly. would probably have helped his legacy a bit if he'd done it not being such a spiteful, bitter, graceless, charmless, manipulative, bullying c*nt of course.

18 minutes ago, MrRed said:

ABU.... anyone but United.........Mourinho has got the best advice about how to play the media from the master, miserable is the new happy! 

Sacrifice a cup ....your lot are not in the position to sacrifice any trophy at the moment wouldn't you agree?

Nice run in to the finish line? you will bottle it! and to be fair you have fa left to play for other than that.

Money is the game now unless you have been sleeping over the last 10 years.....am i right in saying that Liverpools fans biggest gripe is the board not opening there wallets? so what do you want new players of quality or same same next season....don't be a hypocrite Bobby :smile:

I don't really want to enter into this United/Liverpool spat but i do think the manner in which Mourinho is lowering club exceptions already this season is very unbecoming of the manager in the biggest club in the country.  Basically saying his players are not good enough, they are fatigued ect.....of course he'll never look in the mirror and accept his own short comings, thats a given.

Theres no doubt a few summer addition wouldn't go a miss but what does seen clear certainly to a number of neutrals i've discussed with is the manager simply hasn't been getting the best out of a number of his squad that clearly have the ability to do better.

This season Conte has given him a lesson in management, thats for sure.

Where has he said the players are not good enough Carmine can you show me?....Seeing as you have entered the debate!

Where has he said he is lowering the clubs expectations? all i have heard is he wants to win every comp we are in.

We have had a very good season so far and any United follower will tell you that.I accuse you of reading to much between the lies.

Conte has had a great honeymoon season granted and has the best buy of the season Kante to thank for it,to say he has given Mourinho a lesson in management is just rubbish...

11 minutes ago, MrRed said:

Where has he said the players are not good enough Carmine can you show me?....Seeing as you have entered the debate!

Where has he said he is lowering the clubs expectations? all i have heard is he wants to win every comp we are in.

We have had a very good season so far and any United follower will tell you that.I accuse you of reading to much between the lies.

Conte has had a great honeymoon season granted and has the best buy of the season Kante to thank for it,to say he has given Mourinho a lesson in management is just rubbish...

When i can stop laughing i'll respond.  What a load of old cods you''ve just posted MrEd

26 minutes ago, carmine said:

I don't really want to enter into this United/Liverpool spat but i do think the manner in which Mourinho is lowering club exceptions already this season is very unbecoming of the manager in the biggest club in the country.  Basically saying his players are not good enough, they are fatigued ect.....of course he'll never look in the mirror and accept his own short comings, thats a given.

Theres no doubt a few summer addition wouldn't go a miss but what does seen clear certainly to a number of neutrals i've discussed with is the manager simply hasn't been getting the best out of a number of his squad that clearly have the ability to do better.

This season Conte has given him a lesson in management, thats for sure.

i've a couple of united fan mates back home who simply cannot stand mourinho. they didn't want him in the first place and nothing he's done this season, even winning the league cup, has convinced them to like him. think they might be a bit more traditional dyed in the wool united fans than Mr Ed though.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

When i can stop laughing i'll respond.  What a load of old cods you''ve just posted MrEd

You mean when you have stopped trawling google looking for the BS remarks you come out with?

Nothing i responded with about your BS make up stories is old cods pal.

8 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i've a couple of united fan mates back home who simply cannot stand mourinho. they didn't want him in the first place and nothing he's done this season, even winning the league cup, has convinced them to like him. think they might be a bit more traditional dyed in the wool united fans than Mr Ed though.

He certainly has some unique take on Mourinho and Conte.

8 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Yeah corret Stevie i am a JCL arent i??

And you aint got any friends.

3 minutes ago, MrRed said:

You mean when you have stopped trawling google looking for the BS remarks you come out with?

Nothing i responded with about your BS make up stories is old cods pal.

To say Conte hasn't given him a lesson is just too stupid for further comment.

Secondly he has recently said his squads not good enough.  Whether you heard it or not is by the by.  He did, i heard it.  Lowering the bar, that is when he's not singling out individuals infront of the media.  You just sound blinkered.

So you too along with Peter, are in complete disagreement with Keane?   

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

To say Conte hasn't given him a lesson is just too stupid for further comment.

Secondly he has recently said his squads not good enough.  Whether you heard it or not is by the by.  He did, i hated it.  Lowering the bar when he's not singling out individuals infant of the media.

So you have moved on from the players to the squad then ...is the hole deep enough now then tut tut!

Conte has had a good season i said that... but it is his first here and no European football has made it a lot easier for him and they have been very fortunate with injuries...next year will be a lot harder for him i think you know that.

33 minutes ago, MrRed said:

So you have moved on from the players to the squad then ...is the hole deep enough now then tut tut!

Conte has had a good season i said that... but it is his first here and no European football has made it a lot easier for him and they have been very fortunate with injuries...next year will be a lot harder for him i think you know that.

33 minutes ago, MrRed said:

What are you talking about moving on from the players to the squad.  They are one of the same anyway, right?  Forget the tut tuts, you sound like you are simply deflecting from the fact you are clearly not up to date on what he's been whining on about most recently.

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, MrRed said:

See post 21353...I'll save you the trouble to answer both your questions.

"I found a sad club," he said. "Manchester United sold players that I would never sell, bought players that I would never buy."

"We are not ready to be Manchester United," he said.

"We are not ready to be a dominant force. We are not ready to try and win everything.

"Because of the nature of the club, and of myself, we are ready to fight for every game, every point. But there is a space between the general ambition of such a giant club and what we are in reality."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrRed said:

Yes classic fairweather, you were a regular poster until Moyes started to slide and just about went totally AWOL once LVG's shiiite became apparent.:biggrin:

No our  biggest grip is not the owners opening their wallets, it's their buying/spending policy. That's an aside, my point was your money won't buy you the success Fergie brought, you seem to think it will, but the game is changing again and again. 

Bottle it? It's not a title run in and we don't have to face Chelsea, City, Arsenal & Spurs like yourselves.

So the odds are you'll not be on here for a bit and United will be playing Thursday night football again....unless you win the now totally relevant Europa Cup:thumbsup:

On 20/03/2017 at 2:46 AM, petermik said:

Just relieved to get the three points as we were looking tired throughout,great goal by Lingard :thumbsup:

On 20/03/2017 at 3:45 AM, carmine said:

If they are tired they are not fit enough.  No excuse for that.

11 hours ago, carmine said:

We do loads more yardage than United and you don't hear us complain about fatigue.

Even Bournmouth, who work off a fraction of United's resources don't complain, and they too do loads more yardage as their playing style requires.

Carmine

The actual playing of the game is probably the easiest aspect the modern top player faces,putting the "yardage" in only constitutes one small part of what the modern day footballer at a top club faces,quoting Bournemouth and Spurs where expectations of winning anything are virtually non-existant to what is expected at one of the big clubs is laughable.

When the spuds were dumped out of the Champions League and dropped down to the mickey mouse money spinner comp they failed miserably in that too,maybe they found the "yardage" needed in another comp too much for them :whistling: we otherwise are soldiering on.

There are four trophies up for grabs in the Premier League starting with the Community Shield followed by the League Cup then the Premiership title itself ending finally with the F.A.Cup, the much criticized Manchester United manager "busted flush" Mourinho has delivered two of those trophies already,and we are in with a shout of a European mickey mouse trophy also,but it requires playing virtually two games each week and whether you will accept it or not does take its toll even on the fittest of players

One of our merseyside friends has spoken about Mourinho not being popular,three years ago Moyes was being ridiculed on here followed by Van Gaal and now its Mourinho,s turn which is ridiculous,nothing to do with winning or losing the football currently being played by United is back to being exciting and entertaining and that is all we want.

Mourinho has won domestic titles in THREE different countries,plus two European championships, now compare that with what the manager at YOUR club has done.........if its better then post your reply here there is a slap up meal with free booze up waiting :clap2:

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

Carmine

The actual playing of the game is probably the easiest aspect the modern top player faces,putting the "yardage" in only constitutes one small part of what the modern day footballer at a top club faces,quoting Bournemouth and Spurs where expectations of winning anything are virtually non-existant to what is expected at one of the big clubs is laughable.

When the spuds were dumped out of the Champions League and dropped down to the mickey mouse money spinner comp they failed miserably in that too,maybe they found the "yardage" needed in another comp too much for them :whistling: we otherwise are soldiering on.

There are four trophies up for grabs in the Premier League starting with the Community Shield followed by the League Cup then the Premiership title itself ending finally with the F.A.Cup, the much criticized Manchester United manager "busted flush" Mourinho has delivered two of those trophies already,and we are in with a shout of a European mickey mouse trophy also,but it requires playing virtually two games each week and whether you will accept it or not does take its toll even on the fittest of players

One of our merseyside friends has spoken about Mourinho not being popular,three years ago Moyes was being ridiculed on here followed by Van Gaal and now its Mourinho,s turn which is ridiculous,nothing to do with winning or losing the football currently being played by United is back to being exciting and entertaining and that is all we want.

Mourinho has won domestic titles in THREE different countries,plus two European championships, now compare that with what the manager at YOUR club has done.........if its better then post your reply here there is a slap up meal with free booze up waiting :clap2:

If you would refrain from speaking to me like i'm an eight year old i'd appreciate it.  

Secondly, you have just wasted your time typing three paragraphs of waffle with seemingly no point to make other than United won a lot of silverware in the past and you really don't seem to be able to hold an adult discussion if someone else makes a point that you don't like. I suppose the next line of attack will revert back to comments about grammar and such!!

I watched as much of the Rostov 2nd leg that i could take and believe, your football is neither exciting or entertaining.  If if it was such a spectacle, why did we have to be subjected to another Mourinho whine about fatigue?

i also watched the performance against Chelsea which was little short of dreadful.  The tactical genius of Mourinho having his side kick lumps out of Chelsea and set up in what looked  like a 622 formation.  That neither exciting or entertaining.  I was just awful.  

Your little jibe about Spurs having virtually non existent expectations is rather pathetic if i may say.  If you want to really watch some decent football you would be better watching us.  United recently have been looking more like Don Revie's dirty Leeds.  So yes, bark on as much as you like about how entertaining, exciting improved you are but remember we too all have televisions and we are watching too.  

8 hours ago, carmine said:

If you would refrain from speaking to me like i'm an eight year old i'd appreciate it.  

Secondly, you have just wasted your time typing three paragraphs of waffle with seemingly no point to make other than United won a lot of silverware in the past and you really don't seem to be able to hold an adult discussion if someone else makes a point that you don't like. I suppose the next line of attack will revert back to comments about grammar and such!!

I watched as much of the Rostov 2nd leg that i could take and believe, your football is neither exciting or entertaining.  If if it was such a spectacle, why did we have to be subjected to another Mourinho whine about fatigue?

i also watched the performance against Chelsea which was little short of dreadful.  The tactical genius of Mourinho having his side kick lumps out of Chelsea and set up in what looked  like a 622 formation.  That neither exciting or entertaining.  I was just awful.  

Your little jibe about Spurs having virtually non existent expectations is rather pathetic if i may say.  If you want to really watch some decent football you would be better watching us.  United recently have been looking more like Don Revie's dirty Leeds.  So yes, bark on as much as you like about how entertaining, exciting improved you are but remember we too all have televisions and we are watching too.  

Do they have a "Specsavers" equivalent over here :smile:

7 hours ago, MrRed said:

shoooting your mouth  at Conte performances this season, with the usual  shit,  which always comes, from poor losers, a good gargle of Listerine is needed

have a very good look at your club,s  performances, struggling to make a charge at the top four, despite spending a massive fortune, since the Old Tyrant fluffed off

Mou   has under performed this season , when taking all facts, into consideration, not to dare mention,  the very  ordinary footy being played

the only face saving ,   this season,  is that

Arsenal are in free fall, and M/U  may take advantage, getting a top four place at their expense,and after watching Boro,s  Yawn, ,thats no ,certainty at all

C/sea and Totts,   are by far,   the best two teams,   to this point of the season,  in all facets of the game,  with the best two managers at the helm,to boot

a nice evening to all

12 hours ago, evenstevens said:

shoooting your mouth  at Conte performances this season, with the usual  shit,  which always comes, from poor losers, a good gargle of Listerine is needed

have a very good look at your club,s  performances, struggling to make a charge at the top four, despite spending a massive fortune, since the Old Tyrant fluffed off

Mou   has under performed this season , when taking all facts, into consideration, not to dare mention,  the very  ordinary footy being played

the only face saving ,   this season,  is that

Arsenal are in free fall, and M/U  may take advantage, getting a top four place at their expense,and after watching Boro,s  Yawn, ,thats no ,certainty at all

C/sea and Totts,   are by far,   the best two teams,   to this point of the season,  in all facets of the game,  with the best two managers at the helm,to boot

a nice evening to all

Interesting but could you possibly repeat in a language we can all understand :sad:

On 21/03/2017 at 10:07 AM, mrbojangles said:

Top Charoen (or however it's spelt) I'm sure someone will give directions to the one nearest you peter :smile:

I,ll let my guide dog find it for me BJ............but thanks anyhow :clap2: