Manchester United

redrus

Chelsea and City for the title. Not only do they have the players to dominate games, they also have a squad depth that means 3 or 4 injuries isn't a problem. I'm not saying other teams are one man shows, but it just matters less with Chelsea and City.

At the moment the battle for 3rd I would say is between Arsenal (storming start, but haven't played enough top teams), United (dodgy start, but have played some good sides and won't collapse under pressure as the season progresses), Liverpool (definite improvement, but dodgy defending) and Spurs (great defending, woeful goal return and haven't delivered against top sides).

And if I am to predict an order, it would be that order also. Buuuutttt, as someone once said, it's a funny old game and anything can happen. :-)

Agree with that analysis.

My team are always one game away from disaster - ie injury to Giroud - for which there is no plan B until New Year.

Tbh, I think Uniteds position in the table is more a reflection of the team. Even though they cruised it last year, too many sides gave up against Fergies United. With Moyes in charge they seem to be more willing to give it a go.

I can't see Man U winning the title this year, just fighting for third which is open to about 3 other teams.

Agree with your first sentence.

What two teams do you think are fighting for the title mjj? Chelsea and?

And which other three do you think are fighting for third?

Chelsea and City for the title. Not only do they have the players to dominate games, they also have a squad depth that means 3 or 4 injuries isn't a problem. I'm not saying other teams are one man shows, but it just matters less with Chelsea and City.

At the moment the battle for 3rd I would say is between Arsenal (storming start, but haven't played enough top teams), United (dodgy start, but have played some good sides and won't collapse under pressure as the season progresses), Liverpool (definite improvement, but dodgy defending) and Spurs (great defending, woeful goal return and haven't delivered against top sides).

And if I am to predict an order, it would be that order also. Buuuutttt, as someone once said, it's a funny old game and anything can happen. :-)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif We've only played 2 out of 10 games against top sides, one lost and one drawn, you say "haven't delivered against top sides" .

Utd have lost 2 and drawn 1 against top sides, you say " but have played some good sides " cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Tbh, I think Uniteds position in the table is more a reflection of the team. Even though they cruised it last year, too many sides gave up against Fergies United. With Moyes in charge they seem to be more willing to give it a go.

I can't see Man U winning the title this year, just fighting for third which is open to about 3 other teams.

i think the vast majority of us, bar the Man Utd lot, have had Chelsea and City nailed as a two horse race right from the start. Nothing will change. Arsenal will fade, Liverpool aren't quite ready yet but improving, Spurs can't score, Man Utd have Moyes….sorry, are in transition...

Its not a funny old game when you have the squads that they have, just very very predictable. their squads are also fairly settled and highly experienced. Bit of a boring predictable no brainer really.

(And before anyone comments on Spurs, yes we have a very good squad but they need at least a season together to settle.)

BTW, isn't Mourinho an absolute prick of an individual.smile.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Alfie the king of Emo's.

Utd have played 5 teams in the top half, Spurs 3.

Spurs have played 4 teams in the bottom quarter.

Spurs have scored 9 goals!!! Is that 3 penalties??

Utd 14 goals.

Which ever way you cut it Utd have played the harder teams.

Everton will be a good test for you guys.

Both teams biggest win in terms of league position is 9th place Swansea.

Alfie the king of Emo's.

Utd 14 goals.

Yes a Chelsea had 140m worth of players sitting on the bench last week. Whats your point? Especially coming from a shitty little club that buys silverware with russian mob moneyclap2.gif

Carmine,

I'm starting to think you have a forbidden love for Mourinho. :-) For someone to hate as much as you must mean you actually are in love with the guy................go on admit it, nobody is here......

Alfie the king of Emo's.

Utd 14 goals.

Yes a Chelsea had 140m worth of players sitting on the bench last week. Whats your point? Especially coming from a shitty little club that buys silverware with russian mob moneyclap2.gif

Last weekend you had £78.8m on the bench..............and you still couldn't score in open play.

Maybe this is a good time to remind you that Chelsea made a profit last year...........Spurs didn't. :-)

You see, that is what success brings, but I suppose success is an alien concept at WHL

Carmine,

I'm starting to think you have a forbidden love for Mourinho. :-) For someone to hate as much as you must mean you actually are in love with the guy................go on admit it, nobody is here......

And i'm starting to think that plastic Chelsea fans bark on ad nauseam about who might win the title, oh what a tough one to win its going to be blah blah to try and make it something of an achievement when they win/buy the league when, a lifting the trophy really little more than a case of getting the receipt for all the russian money blown on players and wages. Even i was gobsmacked the other day seeing the depth of your squad. How can you not win the league with that squad over 38 games?!!

Anything less than at least running to the wire as runners up and Mourinho should be sacked for incompetence.

btw, I have no love for Mourinho, and hate is a strong word being used rather childishly by you in this context, but, i will agree he's perfectly suited to Chelsea

Alfie the king of Emo's.

Utd 14 goals.

Last weekend you had £78.8m on the bench..............and you still couldn't score in open play.

Maybe this is a good time to remind you that Chelsea made a profit last year...........Spurs didn't. :-)

You see, that is what success brings, but I suppose success is an alien concept at WHL

Success! No one had head of your horrid, miserable little club until a rich boris turned up with bundles of cash

Chelsea vs Spurs pre Roman in the EPL.

Cups won.

Chelsea.

FA Cup 2

League Cup 1

Cup Winners Cup 1

Super Cup 1

Spurs.

FA Cup 1

League Cup 1

League Position

Year. Spurs. Chelsea

92. 8. 11

93. 15. 14

94. 7. 11

95. 8. 11

96. 10. 6

97. 14. 4

98. 11. 3

99. 10. 5

00. 12. 6

01. 9. 6

02. 10. 4

So in 11 years, Spurs have beaten Chelsea 3 times in the table. Only achieving top half 4 times against Chelsea's 7.

Shall we go on to head to heads??? :-)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif We've only played 2 out of 10 games against top sides, one lost and one drawn, you say "haven't delivered against top sides" .

Utd have lost 2 and drawn 1 against top sides, you say " but have played some good sides " cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"haven't delivered against top sides" you say regarding Spurs, so doesn't this apply to Utd who have an even worst record against the top sides ?

Honestly MJJ, i really didn't want you to have to do all that research. I'm just pulling your chain and frankly if you're going to bite so easily i'm just going to have to find someone else to play with. So there!

So there is no need for me to tell you Spurs have only beaten Chelsea 3 times in the EPL then?

"haven't delivered against top sides" you say regarding Spurs, so doesn't this apply to Utd who have an even worst record against the top sides ?

The way I see it is that United have played some better football than Spurs. Admittedly I haven't seen all of either teams games and Spurs league position is much better than Man U. But Spurs have been riding their luck a bit and United have started to show a bit of grit.

Which team has improved the most since the start of the season? I would say United at the moment. Maybe Spurs will be able to move up a gear, but from the reports I've read and the games I've seen, nothing has changed since August.

Alfie the king of Emo's.

Utd 14 goals.

Spurs have played 4 teams in the bottom quarter, but so have Utd facepalm.giflaugh.png

Utd have played 5 teams in the top half, Spurs 3, Spurs is actually 4

Utd have conceded 12, Spurs 5

If your going to make comparisons between clubs, then at least get your facts right and include all the facts not just the ones that confirm your argument.

Anyway hows the zonal marking going laugh.png

"haven't delivered against top sides" you say regarding Spurs, so doesn't this apply to Utd who have an even worst record against the top sides ?[/quote]

The way I see it is that United have played some better football than Spurs. Admittedly I haven't seen all of either teams games and Spurs league position is much better than Man U. But Spurs have been riding their luck a bit and United have started to show a bit of grit.

Which team has improved the most since the start of the season? I would say United at the moment. Maybe Spurs will be able to move up a gear, but from the reports I've read and the games I've seen, nothing has changed since August.

Stop waffling and answer the question, yes or no ?

Big week for United Fulham tonight , Real Sociedad Tuesday night and Arsenal next Saturday.If you has to drop a point or 2 I guess Tuesday would be the pick but nice to get the next round in the bag.

Impossible to pick teams just a feeling that Vidic and Ferdinand will be split up ,no way they will play all 3. Seems Welbeck out of contention ,hopefully Kagawa and Hernandes get some game time as i'm sure they will and not just a few minutes

"haven't delivered against top sides" you say regarding Spurs, so doesn't this apply to Utd who have an even worst record against the top sides ?[/quote]

Stop waffling and answer the question, yes or no ?

No. Because United are under performing at the moment. Spurs have many new players and it is difficult to gauge their ability, they certainly aren't a top team at the moment.....................doesn't mean they won't be.

Everton will be a good test.