Manchester United

redrus

[quote name="mrbojangles" post="8497172" timestamp="141266693

who's gloating ?, I am just happy United are starting to entertain again it's not all about point scoring or bragging, I just enjoy watching United win lose or draw.

I think they are getting ready to start gloating again but its really very premature. They constantly look like conceding, set piece defending is dreadful and always look prone to getting hit on the break. United will know where they really stand over the next month and it could be somewhat numbing.

The january window needs to be a success to see United challenge the top four. By then LvG should finally have realized a couple of defenders are needed. Someone like Strootman marshaling a defensive midfield and Vidal playing box to box would look formidable but that would probably put the spending closer to 250m!!

Edited by nev

Nev, I think it's fair to say that United have had the easiest fixture list to the start of the prem. Out of your next 6 games you have Chelsea, City and Arsenal. I think it best to wait till after those games to see how you are fairing.

Yes agree and I am really looking forward to those games.

• Like 1

Agree we had a easy start not questioning that, and I agree we have some hard games coming up, but my point is we are looking exciting to watch again something I cannot say we have been for a few years, the first few games Lvg gave players a chance to prove themselves, then the likes of cleverley welbeck and Hernandez and others were shipped out, so cannot judge to much on those games.

We are lucky most of the other challenger's for champions league have not started good too.

We'll know in january whether you are genuine challengers to the top four. Its nonsense to suggest as posters (admittedly supporters of other teams) have after a handful of games that United are already realistic challengers. Thats not to say they won't be, just way too early. I thin the damage of Moyes' short tenure was immense.

I still feel that a realistic finish for Spurs would be sixth yet i still rate our chances against you whereas as a few years ago we would write of our OT fixture and be happy with a point at WHL.

• Like 1

Agree we had a easy start not questioning that, and I agree we have some hard games coming up, but my point is we are looking exciting to watch again something I cannot say we have been for a few years, the first few games Lvg gave players a chance to prove themselves, then the likes of cleverley welbeck and Hernandez and others were shipped out, so cannot judge to much on those games.

We are lucky most of the other challenger's for champions league have not started good too.

We'll know in january whether you are genuine challengers to the top four. Its nonsense to suggest as posters (admittedly supporters of other teams) have after a handful of games that United are already realistic challengers. Thats not to say they won't be, just way too early. I thin the damage of Moyes' short tenure was immense.

I still feel that a realistic finish for Spurs would be sixth yet i still rate our chances against you whereas as a few years ago we would write of our OT fixture and be happy with a point at WHL.

I think when we play your lot their will not be much in it and will be very high scoring games even though both our keepers are top notch both defenses can be got at.

Young McNair ,who has really impressed,out for 3 weeks with a hamstring problem, the United defenders, seemingly never ending curse, continues

Oh no, that's all we need. Another youngster will be put in out of pure desperation but nev will claim it's all down to the United youth policy tongue.png

Young McNair ,who has really impressed,out for 3 weeks with a hamstring problem, the United defenders, seemingly never ending curse, continues

Your next match isn't until the 20th. He might only miss one match, maybe none

UNITED top 4 at the end of the season.

You think van Gaal doesn't know about Vidal and Strootman and plugging gaps.

Carmine and bojangles think the same because they both have an axe to grind.

Keep up the good work Nev. You are spot on.

It would help if redrus was slightly more definite in his opinion.

Oh no, that's all we need. Another youngster will be put in out of pure desperation but nev will claim it's all down to the United youth policy tongue.png

well we did have 3 on the pitch and a couple in the bench, now how about city's elite development squad when was the last one youth team player played by city ?, serious question that.

• Like 1

Cynical foul from bojangles.

coffee1.gif

well we did have 3 on the pitch and a couple in the bench, now how about city's elite development squad when was the last one youth team player played by city ?, serious question that.

Our new establishment is due to open in a week or so nev. Looks the Dogs as well. Mansour is serious about youth development as we can see by the amount of money he has invested, so I am hoping the future will see more talent coming through the ranks than we have seen previously. It'll take time though and in the meantime, I'm happy with him buying in the talent.

Our new establishment is due to open in a week or so nev. Looks the Dogs as well. Mansour is serious about youth development as we can see by the amount of money he has invested, so I am hoping the future will see more talent coming through the ranks than we have seen previously. It'll take time though and in the meantime, I'm happy with him buying in the talent.

Investment such as this assists compliance with FFP. Cost goes against the bottom line.

Mansour will be wetting his knickers about the prospect of restrictions on foreign imports however. So will the TV companies because it won't do the Prem any favours if we are competing with La Liga and Bundeslige.

Any problems, ask FFP compliant Chelsea run by Russian money football fan.

smile.png

Marca, Reals mouthpiece, are saying that De Gea is Real's target to replace Cassilas....

As Spurs know (Modric, Bale) this is generally the start of Madrid's tapping up processwink.png Watch this space.......

Unless there was a clause in his contract with Atletico, stating that they wouldn't sell him to Real. I can't see why he would want to go back to Spain, after making the effort to come here. After all, it wasn't that he was hiding his light under a bushel in that country.

Marca, Reals mouthpiece, are saying that De Gea is Real's target to replace Cassilas....

As Spurs know (Modric, Bale) this is generally the start of Madrid's tapping up processwink.png Watch this space.......

Or his agent is just being creative in negotiating him a pay rise.