Manchester United

redrus

Oh, my!! You guys are even worse than I thought!

I think even the most stable of stable people should be reaching for the panic button.

RVP makes Torres look world class. What have you done to Mata? Where is the heart? So many questions......

• Like 1

Oh, my!! You guys are even worse than I thought!

I think even the most stable of stable people should be reaching for the panic button.

RVP makes Torres look world class. What have you done to Mata? Where is the heart? So many questions......

I am dreading wednesday night, usually with fergie in charge a going in 2-0 down i would be confident of pulling back 2-0 and going on to win, but with Moyes in charge i have my doubts.

Maybe he has lost the dressing room and the players want him out, who knows but some are not giving 100% and that is what is pissing me off.

• Like 1

Fair play Rus. United didn't turn up and that was a battering. But, being as big a club as United are, this cannot go on surely.

So, i put it to all you United fans, it is highly unlikely Moyes will keep his job come may, so who would you like as your new manager? Louis Van Gaal is available so chicoq says.......

Not all of the blame can land on Moyes. Managers can give teams that bit extra, but that United display wasn't for a £300-£400m squad. Regardless of the managers tactics those players should be able to link up a few passes and attack.

• Like 2

Fair play Rus. United didn't turn up and that was a battering. But, being as big a club as United are, this cannot go on surely.

So, i put it to all you United fans, it is highly unlikely Moyes will keep his job come may, so who would you like as your new manager? Louis Van Gaal is available so chicoq says.......

He's second favourite to be the next MU manager,,,,,,,,,,Ferguson is favourite.

Not all of the blame can land on Moyes. Managers can give teams that bit extra, but that United display wasn't for a £300-£400m squad. Regardless of the managers tactics those players should be able to link up a few passes and attack.

He's lost the dressing room. He's as good as gone if they exit the CL. Unfortunately for the manager, United is too big a club to be slipping this badly. Did you see when the cameras zoomed in on Ferguson?!!!

A new, experienced manager with that big transfer budget whispered to be in the offering and United will be a top four side again. So lets keep our fingers crossed he stays shall we

Thats my main concern if United turn to Van Gaal because i'm sure they will. He's the right choice for them but it leaves Spurs with one less option.

Disagree to an extent. Utd did turn up, especially 1st half. But their tactics to target (and kick the shit out of) Gerrard were naive in the extreme. Fact is that Utd were outclassed by the movement and self belief shown by LFC, even though to be honest, we didn't (have to) play that well.

Best thing about our game at the moment is that when any individual is targeted, the other guys are all well capable of taking over. This is a prime facet of Rodgers' footballing philosophy and can also be seen in the <18 and <21 teams.

As to a new guy, Pochettino or even Martinez should be in the frame....and Rodgers has yet to sign a new deal giggle.gif although I hope the chosen one gets another yearsmile.png

Thats my main concern if United turn to Van Gaal because i'm sure they will. He's the right choice for them but it leaves Spurs with one less option.

In fairness, I'm sure Van Gaal wants a job with some modicum of job security.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Disagree to an extent. Utd did turn up, especially 1st half. But their tactics to target (and kick the shit out of) Gerrard were naive in the extreme. Fact is that Utd were outclassed by the movement and self belief shown by LFC, even though to be honest, we didn't (have to) play that well.

Best thing about our game at the moment is that when any individual is targeted, the other guys are all well capable of taking over. This is a prime facet of Rodgers' footballing philosophy and can also be seen in the <18 and <21 teams.

As to a new guy, Pochettino or even Martinez should be in the frame....and Rodgers has yet to sign a new deal giggle.gif although I hope the chosen one gets another yearsmile.png

a lot of it was down the manager and his choices and tactics. seeing mata playing so deep, seeing van persie in the left-back position lumping a 40 yard ball towards rooney, seeing absolutely zero pace in a manchester united side at old trafford. it was great for us but he's a sunday league manager is moyes. growing the grass long all week to try and disrupt our passing game, presumably with the intention of lashing the ball long second half up to that clown fellaini's head.

am sure united fans are upset at the players' seeming lack of effort, but it does now look clear that moyes has lost the dressing room. there wasn't even any anger there from their players yesterday. the atmosphere their fans made they deserved much more. we didn't really even need to get out of second gear.

• Like 1

I think utd were bad everywhere. Vidic must be happy he's stepping out of that defence, and vp may say he's staying but he didn't look like he wanted to. On that performance I suppose rooney may be worth the money after all; he is the only one actually trying, and I thought he was a shambles (great crack at goal though) What has happened to mata and vp? Even when mata was central he was simply running around (perhaps he should have explained how to do that to vp), with no product. And here you have the problem, there was no product because there was no organised work. I blame the team as much as I blame moyes. CL...no chance unless there is a massive change in attitude by utd and evry team they play

Seven months into the season and this United side has no cohesion at all.It could have been 6-0 if it were not for De Geas brilliant save from Suarez near the end,plus Gerrards missed penalty and another penalty not given for a foul on Sturridge !

If they go out of the Champions League and get hammered by City then surely that will test the United boards resolve to the limit.

Latest betting odds at Stan James for Moyes replacement.....

Jurgen Klopp 4/1

Sir Alex Ferguson 5/1

Louis Van Gaal 7/1

Diego Simeone 20/1

Can't imagine US business owners of the Glazers' acumen doing anything other than replacing Moyes in very short order now. It would be a huge mistake letting SAF back in on anything other than a season end caretaker role. He screwed up badly with succession and the owners need feel no further loyalty towards him. That's probably what was occurring to him when he look so thunderstruck in the stands.

Of course, this being football I wouldn't mind a few quid on United beating Olympiacos. Van Persie and Mata will be desperate to keep the European exposure going now that noone is interested in watching them in the Prem for the rest of the season. They played with all the skill and purpose of a Championship side last night.

I understood vP's judas moment 2 years ago, having been critical of Wenger myself at the time. Can't believe how badly that decision turned out for him.

Edited by SantiSuk

Seven months into the season and this United side has no cohesion at all.It could have been 6-0 if it were not for De Geas brilliant save from Suarez near the end,plus Gerrards missed penalty and another penalty not given for a foul on Sturridge !

If they go out of the Champions League and get hammered by City then surely that will test the United boards resolve to the limit.

Jurgen Klopp 4/1

Sir Alex Ferguson 5/1

Louis Van Gaal 7/1

Diego Simeone 20/1

Can't see Klopp leaving Dortmund to come to United just to have captain Wayne Rooney telling him what to do and picking the team.

Can't see Ferguson coming out of retirement

Can't see Van Gaal putting up with Rooney telling him what do either.

Maybe Rooney should pick the next manager. Seems like he's made the decisions on most other things and needs to be consulted about any transfer moves!

biggrin.png What a shocking state of affairs.

• Like 1

Jurgen Klopp 4/1

Sir Alex Ferguson 5/1

Louis Van Gaal 7/1

Diego Simeone 20/1

Simeone has done a tremendous job with Atletico, but he wouldn't stand for any prima donna hysterics from any of United's old guard. There'd be locker room bust ups galore.

The possibility now exists that finding a suitable replacement for Moyes is going to be an even harder task than finding a suitable replacement for SAF.

TBH I can't see an established world class manager wanting to accept a poisoned chalice.

If it was me, I would get an up and coming manager in. His task: a rebuild to restore United to supremacy. His reward: football history and a lot of respect.

The task looks too big for David Moyes even with a brilliant summer transfer window.

Pochettino, Martinez, dunno.

I can't see an overnight restoration.

Pochettino but he'd wipe out United's transfer budget buying all his current best players.

Surely destined for the Argie national team if he can show he's not just a one-season wonder.

Put your money on Simeone rather than Pochettino Chicog. He's much better known in Argentina than Pochettino, and name recognition goes a long way there in the decision making progress. Plus Simeone has coached some high profile clubs in Argentina whereas Pochettino has never coached in Argentina at all. And, in addition, Simeone has a roughneck reputation, wears all black duds and looks like a pimp. He's made for the Argentina NT.wink.png

The fact that Argentina has a well respected "normal" coach in Alejandro Sabella at present is an aberration.

Jurgen Klopp 4/1

Sir Alex Ferguson 5/1

Louis Van Gaal 7/1

Diego Simeone 20/1

Simeone has done a tremendous job with Atletico, but he wouldn't stand for any prima donna hysterics from any of United's old guard. There'd be locker room bust ups galore.

I guess theatrical diving and feigning injury will be part of everyday training. Word Cup 98 lives long in the memory

Jurgen Klopp 4/1

Sir Alex Ferguson 5/1

Louis Van Gaal 7/1

Diego Simeone 20/1

I guess theatrical diving and feigning injury will be part of everyday training. Word Cup 98 lives long in the memory

I didn't know "soccer" from cricket then, but I've heard the stories.thumbsup.gif