Manchester United

redrus

Pochettino but he'd wipe out United's transfer budget buying all his current best players.

Surely destined for the Argie national team if he can show he's not just a one-season wonder.

Put your money on Simeone rather than Pochettino Chicog. He's much better known in Argentina than Pochettino, and name recognition goes a long way there in the decision making progress. Plus Simeone has coached some high profile clubs in Argentina whereas Pochettino has never coached in Argentina at all. And, in addition, Simeone has a roughneck reputation, wears all black duds and looks like a pimp. He's made for the Argentina NT.wink.png

The fact that Argentina has a well respected "normal" coach in Alejandro Sabella at present is an aberration.

Wouldn't disagree with that, but he's put together a great team on a relative shoestring and they'll surely be keeping an eye on him.

It will be fascinating to see what United do.

Wouldn't be surprised if they went for a 'proven' manager but not from the top drawer, instead of an 'up and coming' star.

Route 1 looks like a recipe for relative mediocrity to me.

Question 1 at the interview for me would be : if we gave you £Xmil who would you buy, and why?

Give Moyes £Xmil and see what happens? Or give a manager of the stature of Guardiola an offer he couldn't refuse?

Interesting that IT is fans from other teams discussing that Man Utd should change managers and who should get the job. !!!

Real Man Utd fans knew that this was always going to be a difficult season or 2 difficult seasons even.

We are here for the long term so I will say again - STABILITY STABILITY coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png

• Like 2

Interesting that IT is fans from other teams discussing that Man Utd should change managers and who should get the job. !!!

Real Man Utd fans knew that this was always going to be a difficult season or 2 difficult seasons even.

We are here for the long term so I will say again - STABILITY STABILITY coffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png

That could be construed as fair comment, but you seem to forget Moanchester United fans are a fickle bunch.

fergietarabanner.jpg

• Like 1

BT biggrin.png

i know several REAL united fans that recognise a busted flush when they see one.

BT biggrin.png

There is no STABILITY at United.

The wheels have fallen off.

And KwikFit, LongFit, or whatever you want to call him, will not put them back on again.thumbsup.gif

BT biggrin.png

i know several REAL united fans that recognise a busted flush when they see one.

A busted flush is only one hand ! Real game is Texas HOLDHIM ?? For the whole game. biggrin.png

Unlike some teams who change their manager like changing their underwear chasing success and NOT getting it Man Utd want STABILITY.

SAF took a lot of time settling in and look at his success and record- end off.

If my memory serves me right you didn't like him either whistling.gif

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

Maybe next time I will win.

Just one more throw.

Just one more throw.

etc.

thumbsup.gif

Are you on the wrong thread facepalm.gif ? are you talking about the Tots, City, Pool, Brom, Villa or even the Cheski wai2.gif

BT

Just one more throw.

Just one more throw.

etc.

thumbsup.gif

Are you on the wrong thread facepalm.gif ? are you talking about the Tots, City, Pool, Brom, Villa or even the Cheski wai2.gif

BT

Dunno about the other teams, but minimum requirement for Mourhino was top 4.

Moyes's contract of employment is either vague or slipping.thumbsup.gif

Congrats to Liverpool on their win.

Not much more to be said that hasn't already been said about our performance. Absolutely dire. Of course the manager takes his fair share of the blame, but it's not only him, it's the players also, who just look like they are on another planet.

Felaini should have played his last game for us by rights. Prior to the game he was asked about the importance of the game and with this really stupid smirk on his face, he said this was a game we had to win. It clearly didn't come from his heart, the way he said it, and borne out by the way he played. Absolute crap.

Sad to say though that neither our performance or the result came as any great surprise to me. What did was the lacklustre performance that Liverpool put in. I've been blown away by the way they have played at times this season, but that first half I thought they were very average. Hardly noticed Suarez was on the pitch. Then they got two penalties in fairly quick succession before and after the break, then we were down to ten men, and then, and only then, did they start playing well, in my opinion. The penalties were nailed on so no complaints there, but they were pretty daft penalties to give away and were it not for those daft mistakes, I'm not sure Liverpool would have got anything from open play. They really weren't creating that much and what they were, Sturridge was doing a good job of fluffing.

All the talk after the game about Liverpool being in title contention now, but there was nothing much in that game that makes me think they'll get close to City this year. No doubt I'll now be told that Liverpool were deliberately playing in first gear and could have and would have stepped it up a gear if needed. OK... sure.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rixalex

Congrats to Liverpool on their win.

Not much more to be said that hasn't already been said about our performance. Absolutely dire. Of course the manager takes his fair share of the blame, but it's not only him, it's the players also, who just look like they are on another planet.

Felaini should have played his last game for us by rights. Prior to the game he was asked about the importance of the game and with this really stupid smirk on his face, he said this was a game we had to win. It clearly didn't come from his heart, the way he said it, and borne out by the way he played. Absolute crap.

Sad to say though that neither our performance or the result came as any great surprise to me. What did was the lacklustre performance that Liverpool put in. I've been blown away by the way they have played at times this season, but that first half I thought they were very average. Hardly noticed Suarez was on the pitch. Then they got two penalties in fairly quick succession before and after the break, then we were down to ten men, and then, and only then, did they start playing well, in my opinion. The penalties were nailed on so no complaints there, but they were pretty daft penalties to give away and were it not for those daft mistakes, I'm not sure Liverpool would have got anything from open play. They really weren't creating that much and what they were, Sturridge was doing a good job of fluffing.

All the talk after the game about Liverpool being in title contention now, but there was nothing much in that game that makes me think they'll get close to City this year. No doubt I'll now be told that Liverpool were deliberately playing in first gear and could have and would have stepped it up a gear if needed. OK... sure.

second gear perhaps. you didn't watch liverpool against arsenal, spurs and everton then? we've got a few more gears than we needed against united yesterday. and united really did make it easy for us.

@rixalex

3 nil away at United tells its own story.

If you think City ( and Chelsea and Arsenal) are not concerned about the title threat posed by Liverpool, you are on a different planet.

cheesy.gif

And vice versa.

But Arsenal will either be right in the mix or out of it with Chelski and Manchester Dhabi still to play in the next few weeks.

@rixalex

If you think City ( and Chelsea and Arsenal) are not concerned about the title threat posed by Liverpool, you are on a different planet.

cheesy.gif

I wasn't talking about Chelsea and Arsenal. I was talking about City. And yes, of course they should be concerned about the teams around them because the moment you aren't concerned, is the moment you lose your focus and screw up.

second gear perhaps. you didn't watch liverpool against arsenal, spurs and everton then? we've got a few more gears than we needed against united yesterday. and united really did make it easy for us.

I already stated that I've been blown away by some of Liverpool's performances this season. I didn't see it on Sunday. Perhaps if not for those two penalties and that sending off you would have found another gear and still won. We'll never know, but personally I have my doubts.

@rixalex

cheesy.gif

And vice versa.

But Arsenal will either be right in the mix or out of it with Chelski and Manchester Dhabi still to play in the next few weeks.

But with Liverpool to play City and Chelsea in April, both at Anfield, it's still a long way to go for all of the top 4.

No chickens being counted anywhere I wouldn't have thought.

Apart from the headless one who is highly unlikely to make top 4.

I would be surprised if Pellegrini was encouraged by the way in which Liverpool beat United 3 nil at Old Trafford.

More like the opposite I would have thought.

wink.png

I think Pelligrini would have thought that the game spoke much more about the current state of Man United than it did about the current state of Liverpool. As others have said, that was at best a Championship performance from us. I do appreciate that for Liverpool supporters, as is the case for us, it's not really that important how one wins the game, just important that one does. So i get their jubilation. What i don't get is the suggestion that the game was Liverpool laying down a marker with regards their title ambitions, when they weren't tested in any shape or form by us, and when they only really started playing after having been handed two goals on a plate and an extra man advantage.

Having had a two week rest, and knowing how fragile United's confidence was, i really expected Liverpool's front line to come flying at us from the offset and to see Suarez running rings around our defense. I think a lot of people did. It didn't happen. Luckily for them, it didn't need to. Either Liverpool knew all along that we would make some stupid mistakes and were deliberately not playing that well, or Liverpool weren't playing that well.

• Like 1

BT biggrin.png

I think that old chestnut of "we knew it wasn't going to be easy" is well and truly done now mate.

I doubt any United fans thought that their team would regress to such a dire level. Style of play dreadful, tactics non existent, morale seemingly as low as it could possibly get and cleat manager has lost the dressing room.

If you think the owners and Wayne Rooney are going to stick with Moyes you are having a laugh.

It was fergusons dreadful decision to appointment him so is it conceivable he might caretake for next season to steady the ship then Wayne can appoint the next manager?

Rix, I'd agree with that. Liverpool were opening you up with ease, but they were hardly clinical or ruthless. Could they have gone up a gear? Maybe, but if they play like that against a team wanting to win a different result could be on the cards.

Other pointers in the game. Flanagan could have easily walked and should Utd have been given a penalty for Johnson's handball, again a different result may have happened.

• Like 2

BT biggrin.png

Strange as I don't remember anyone saying that at the beginning of the season, still hindsight is a wonderful thing !

Rix, I'd agree with that. Liverpool were opening you up with ease, but they were hardly clinical or ruthless. Could they have gone up a gear? Maybe, but if they play like that against a team wanting to win a different result could be on the cards.

Other pointers in the game. Flanagan could have easily walked and should Utd have been given a penalty for Johnson's handball, again a different result may have happened.

that wasn't handball. which has to be intentional, and very rarely is. if only people would study the rules more. (one for all you half man half biscuit fans there).

that wasn't handball. which has to be intentional, and very rarely is. if only people would study the rules more. (one for all you half man half biscuit fans there).

I wasn't 100% convinced that was unintentional on Johnson's part. It probably was unintentional, but I think we should give Johnson some credit for possibly being very astute in his pitch awareness.thumbsup.gif