Manchester United

redrus

Maybe the class of 92 isn't quite what's needed.

The sooner they bring someone in the better, this is just not Man U. sad.png

Having said that......well done to Sunderland.

Completely agreed. A house cleaning in need to be sure.

Giggs talking about giving contracts to Ferdinand and Evra is insanity.

Giggsy seems to be carrying on from where Moysie left off!laugh.png

It will need a BIG man to take over, because from what I saw there's a BIG job ahead.

It will need a BIG man to take over, because from what I saw there's a BIG job ahead.

i think Louis van Gaal is a huge risk. No doubting his record and experience but he is rather unhinged. He's going to be dictating to the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Rooney and other players all with a bucket load of silverware to their names who are United through and through. They will either like his methods or there will be mayhem.

i think Louis van Gaal is a huge risk. No doubting his record and experience but he is rather unhinged. He's going to be dictating to the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Rooney and other players all with a bucket load of silverware to their names who are United through and through. They will either like his methods or there will be mayhem.

I think the first thing he needs to do is have a good sweep.......class of 92 exit, stage left.

I think the first thing he needs to do is have a good sweep.......class of 92 exit, stage left.

You might well be right but i'm not sure the United faithful will like that. One things for sure, if he brings in Keane as his no2 it will be disastrous. However i think thats just stupid paper talk. Especially as Keane's just said he probably won't speak to Ferguson again.

Congrats to Sunderland. They played well. We played... well, we played much as we have done for much of the season. I said last week when we won four nothing, that i had my doubts how we would have fared had we gone a goal down in that game, and my doubts were clearly proven well founded. Yeah we stepped it up a little in the second half, but still really didn't create enough, and left big gaps at the back that really should have seen us beaten by more.

Disappointing but not really unexpected.

Absolutely. I don't know if van Gaal is the answer, but whoever takes over wouldn't want to be undermined by any of the Old Guard. All those lads need to be told that its time to go out in the big bad world and make a new way for themselves. If that leads back to United then all the better.

• Like 1

Writing off the class of 92 in terms of playing a role in managing / coaching the team, after one loss, is as daft as some of the hailing that was going on last week after one win. When are people going to understand that the rebuilding the club needs is going to take a long time, and even if we sign up god almighty, he will need time. It's not going to happen overnight and we will most likely have to take a step or two back before we start going forward. There's so much impatience in football these days.
  • Like 1

Precisely. One loss against Sunderland and it's all doom and gloom.

Wenger would have been out of a job after the first game of the season if people listened to the moaners.

Giggs and his team need time. They also need some players by the looks of it.

van gaal won't work, keane won't work, jesus h christ won't work.

Negative grinding tripe.

In the meantime we will probably have to put up with the cocky lot from city gloating.

The sooner UNITED are restored the happier I will be. smile.png

And spurs can fiddle about on the edge of munich while top class teams play football.

Patience, perspective and a bit of positivity, instead of all this knocking success and looking for failure.

But it won't happen will it. Because we are all just like the Daily Fail.

facepalm.gif

Well Giggsy you have lost me . To play Nani and Young in the starting 11 and leave VP,Wellbeck, Januzaj and Valencia on the bench beggars belief.

Young and Nani have failed so many times,it's not like they haven't been given chances, how long does it take for someone to wise up that they are simply not good enough??

For the first time ever I turned the TV off 10 minutes before the end of the game. It was a pathetic performance but well done Sunderland.

Agree with Rivalex its going to take time and have reservations about van Gaal. But please no knee jerk reaction with the WC and the summer break there is time. Noticed SAF was dozing in the stand,could hardly blame him.

Well, at the risk of getting a torrent of abuse, appoint Mourinho and he will give UNITED top 4 next season.

Cast iron guarantee.

But it won't happen will it?

biggrin.png

Why is that a cast iron guarantee? Certainly not off the back of his performance this season or last with the respective squads he's had available to him.

Don't you mean Diego Simeone? Or Carlo Ancelotti?

Well, at the risk of getting a torrent of abuse, appoint Mourinho and he will give UNITED top 4 next season.

Cast iron guarantee.

biggrin.png

Why is that a cast iron guarantee? Certainly not off the back of his performance this season or last with the respective squads he's had available to him.

Mou will have one less trophy to his name this season...than a certain David Moyes. The resume has been taking a bit of a hit recently.biggrin.png

Up to you Bob.

UNITED should have got Mourinho or Guardiola in before the Moyes fiasco.

P45, in all fairness there were probably twenty odd managers more suited than Moyes.

Of the two mentioned, Guardiola wasn't available, having signed to Bayern and Mourinho doesn't offer the type of football the fans want or probably behave in a manner acceptable to the likes of Bobby Charlton

Up to you Bob.

UNITED should have got Mourinho or Guardiola in before the Moyes fiasco.

P45, in all fairness there were probably twenty odd managers more suited than Moyes.

Of the two mentioned, Guardiola wasn't available, having signed to Bayern and Mourinho doesn't offer the type of football the fans want or probably behave in a manner acceptable to the likes of Bobby Charlton

I can see how Jose rubs people up the wrong way, but for Charlton to slate him and, I guess, think it's OK to have Giggs........... who's own family doesn't like him, well, bit daft.

I want to congratulate Man U for the worst defence of an epl title........ever. :-)

Yeah, I know, next year, next year. The new scousers. :-)

• Like 1

If anyone was wondering why the Daily Mirror doesn't have comments on most of its stories....

Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.

Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

UNITED had better make an approach for Pellegrini then, cos he lasted less than a year at RM before Mourinho took over.

Pellegrini and Mourinho both know this.

Aaah. Ancelotti the new hero.

The new hero?!!! Ancelotti's been around for a long time and always successful. Still has years in the game left in him. Generally plays nice football, tactically very astute, professional with the media, always comes across as a gentlemen and decent bloke, whats not to like?

Perhaps Abramovich should answer that!! Lord alone knows why he sacked him. Did a very sound job at Chelsea despite family bereavement and then inexplicably given the sack.

All Ancelotti's done with this Real Madrid side since Mourinho was sacked is improve them. He's turned Modric around from a bench player to being integral the the shape of the side, improved Bale despite his move to a new league, dare i say possibly even improved Ronaldo too, won a cup and taken through to the champions league final.

• Like 1

UNITED had better make an approach for Pellegrini then, cos he lasted less than a year at RM before Mourinho took over.

Pellegrini and Mourinho both know this.

Aaah. Ancelotti the new hero.

The new hero?!!! Ancelotti's been around for a long time and always successful. Still has years in the game left in him. Generally plays nice football, tactically very astute, professional with the media, always comes across as a gentlemen and decent bloke, whats not to like?

Perhaps Abramovich should answer that!! Lord alone knows why he sacked him. Did a very sound job at Chelsea despite family bereavement and then inexplicably given the sack.

All Ancelotti's done with this Real Madrid side since Mourinho was sacked is improve them. He's turned Modric around from a bench player to being integral the the shape of the side, improved Bale despite his move to a new league, dare i say possibly even improved Ronaldo too, won a cup and taken through to the champions league final.

Levy needs to get on the phone then to Perez, cos Sherwood is going to UNITED.

I'm running low on green shield stamps btw.

Oy vey.

Carlo had Chelsea playing attractive attacking footy in his first season when we won the double. However, in the second season his tactics weren't working and he couldn't / didn't adapt, he just kept with the same ideals and bad results. Pity really.

• Like 1

Ancelotti to UNITED.

Sherwood to Real Madrid.

But what about Spurs?

What's that expression 'people in glasshouses.....'

White Hart Lane looks like it doesn't have windows.

( Yes Chicog I can translate to make it easier to understand if you are struggling.)

Cast iron guarantee.

biggrin.png

I'm just imagining P45 in his railway line facing bedsit with his walls plastered in Mourinho paper cuttings and magazine pics biggrin.png

biggrin.png

I do get a lot of pleasure when I see the gooks in the boonies wearing Chelsea shirts though.

10 Samsungs for every 2 UNITEDS and 2 Barcelonas up here.

No Standard Chartered Banks though.

Could change next season.

thumbsup.gif

I do get a lot of pleasure when I see the gooks in the boonies wearing Chelsea shirts though.

Cast iron guarantee.

biggrin.png

I'm just imagining P45 in his railway line facing bedsit with his walls plastered in Mourinho paper cuttings and magazine pics biggrin.png

biggrin.png

10 Samsungs for every 2 UNITEDS and 2 Barcelonas up here.

No Standard Chartered Banks though.

Could change next season.

thumbsup.gif

You've just sunk to a new low.

• Like 2