Manchester United

redrus

Although to be fair I still can't fathom the Luiz deal....its just so so wrong!

So true ! Not too surprising when you look at the mega money they've spent on some other under performing players. Javier Pastore cost somewhere around $40mil. Lavezzi didn't come cheap either. Looks like more money than brains at PSG.

Although to be fair I still can't fathom the Luiz deal....its just so so wrong!

So true ! Not too surprising when you look at the mega money they've spent on some other under performing players. Javier Pastore cost somewhere around $40mil. Lavezzi didn't come cheap either. Looks like more money than brains at PSG.

Its only the French league though so a nice easy win I suppose.

^ Successful transition is not achieved by luck.

It's going to be very interesting and the best Prem we have ever seen I reckon.

If I was a UNITED fan I would be highly encouraged by van Gaal's energy levels, his forthright approach, and the total demolition of Spain and a ( weakened) Brazil.

If UNITED get into CL season after next, the top dogs will need to be on their guard.

Yes the easiest way to ensure a smooth transition is to buy proven quality at high prices and keep doing so year on year.

No great surprise this.

It works for City. smile.png

NB. You need to know where you are going to put them. Then you need to know if they will fit the gely mould. Then you need to make sure you get them to perform 100% +.

Then you get into the perennial debate of balance between young and old and building for the future.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.

smile.png

BTW. PSG is out of control. Mega rich owners running the show, with a fairly impotent manager.

Contrast UNITED with van Gaal.

Pellegrini is capable too.

smile.png

( PSG have got some fairly serious FFP issues too. And they are not handling that situation successfully either. Unlike City. )

Edited by P45Mustang

BTW. PSG is out of control. Mega rich owners running the show, with a fairly impotent manager.

smile.png

( PSG have got some fairly serious FFP issues too. And they are not handling that situation successfully either. Unlike City. )

I do find it intriguing how some people don't give Pellegrini the credit he deserves. For most clubs with a new manager they call it transition. We got a new manager and he won both the Prem and League Cup in his first year, yet he is only considered "capable" and didn't even win the manager of the year.

• Like 2

smile.png

I do find it intriguing how some people don't give Pellegrini the credit he deserves. For most clubs with a new manager they call it transition. We got a new manager and he won both the Prem and League Cup in his first year, yet he is only considered "capable" and didn't even win the manager of the year.

Point taken.

Capable was an understatement. Should have said 'fkcing excellent manager'.

• Like 1

smile.png

Quiet guy Pellegrini. If he was better "copy" for the media maybe he'd get more plaudits...then again maybe not. I'm pleased we have a manager who is about the club and the team and could give a toss about anything else.

• Like 1

Just one of those mysteries, like why is it people write off Arsenal as struggling to get better than fifth spot this year.

Take out our misery injury three months of Jan to Mar and you get a points tally like this last tome around

Man City 60

Arsenal 57

Chelsea 53

Everton 49

Liverpool 49

Man United 44

OK - anyone can construct tables from selective parts of the season and I am not predicting the title for Arseanl. Just saying, don't write us off and as always injuries will play a crucial part in the outcome.

Results + Personality = Memorability.

Wenger's got Personality by the shed load.

thumbsup.gif

Seriously........?

I think my arse crack has more personality than Wenger. Nice guy but, all the charisma of a dead cat.

redrus

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

Seriously........?

I think my arse crack has more personality than Wenger. Nice guy but, all the charisma of a dead cat.

redrus

Well lets hope we never find out rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

thumbsup.gif

Seriously........?

redrus

Fascinating geezer in my view tbh rus.

Unique character, contribution to the Prem and modern football...unforgettable.

Total package, including the ability to do an impersonation of Mr Bean...thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Seriously........?

redrus

Well lets hope we never find out rolleyes.gif

Liar.... That's not quite what you put in that lovely PM last week, sweetie...... ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I think P45 should be suspended until Van Gaal gets sacked....not such a bad thing little buddy....I'm sure he'll be gone by Xmas!

Mwahahahaha!!

Took 'em 10 months to get rid of Moyes though smokie. smile.png

So, unless he's on a charge for common assault or gbh on a journalist, reckon Spurs might have to play him twice. w00t.gif

• Like 1

I think P45 should be suspended until Van Gaal gets sacked....not such a bad thing little buddy....I'm sure he'll be gone by Xmas!

Mwahahahaha!!

So, unless he's on a charge for common assault or gbh on a journalist, reckon Spurs might have to play him twice. w00t.gif

Yes but Noyes didn't spend hardly anything in comparison.

Mwahahahaha!!

Yes but Noyes didn't spend hardly anything in comparison.

cheesy.gif

Exactly.

van Gaal will knock Woodward into shape. Biff, bash, bosh. thumbsup.gif

Let's not forget though, Moyes bought the footballing Jesus and son of Cantona, Fellaini.... ;)

redrus

Edited by redrus
  • Like 2

Let's not forget though, Moyes bought the footballing Jesus and son of Cantona, Fellaini.... ;)

redrus

Perhaps his second season will be better than Lamela's....fancy a wager redrus.....?

The Dutch Master & Mourinho

Van-Gaal-y-Mourinho.jpg

I wonder who they are looking at.

More what LVG is saying, son you might manage one day, Mourinio is just a translator who got a lucky break.

• Like 1

The Dutch Master & Mourinho

Van-Gaal-y-Mourinho.jpg

I wonder who they are looking at.

More what LVG is saying, son you might manage one day, Mourinio is just a translator who got a lucky break.

Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?

biggrin.png