US Navy Seeks Use Of U-Tapao

webfact

If it makes anyone feel better most Americans are fedup with feeding the world during times of crises. We more and more understand that the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about us and that we are niether wanted or thanked for our help. We are tired of giving aid to every nation on earth that has a flood or earth quake or what ever and getting crapped on as a response. The well of endless money and concern is running dry and soon enough this humaitarian aid to the rest of the world by the USA will stop. Pretty soon Americans will want to spend money on ourselves and not the rest of the world.

I can hardly believe some board member actually thinks there is peace in the world and that it is no thanks to the USA. We truely are suckers and should bring all our troops home from everywhere, including our ships, planes, and pocket books.

If the USA would bring home everything, there would be more money for Americans and no one can complain about the USA anymore.

So what is stopping the USA?? My guess is the politicians are like everywhere bought from the big companies....

Being a American and living out side the country I would have to disagree with you.

The USA has a huge military budget for one reason and one reason only. It has nothing to do with business.

It is a cultural thing with a name. PARANOIA. They are afraid of their own shadow.

But using their military in Iraq and Libyan? Both countries were only attacked for their oil.

And check the connections of Dick Cheney with several companies that make huge profit on the Iraq war. Not even counting the companies that produce the weapons.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny, just a moment ago a Chula professor was on Thai PBS discussing this issue and the NASA request.

He said that Thailand should krieng jai and seek the middle way. Thailand knows that the Americans will not tell them all the details of their intentions, but if the use is genuinely for the purposes told, then permission should be granted for both requests.

My wife said he spoke very well and in a considered manner.

Funny, just a moment ago a Chula professor was on Thai PBS discussing this issue and the NASA request.

He said that Thailand should krieng jai and seek the middle way. Thailand knows that the Americans will not tell them all the details of their intentions, but if the use is genuinely for the purposes told, then permission should be granted for both requests.

It is well know that the gulf in this area has huge resources on oil and gas. Some even tell it might be as big as Saudis resources (I doubt that). So U-Tapao is just in the perfect place to check the "weather" there....... A bit more to the east is also interesting weather....there is a dispute between Vietnam, China, Philippines, Indonesia about marine oil. Should check the weather there as well.

It is well know that the gulf in this area has huge resources on oil and gas. Some even tell it might be as big as Saudis resources (I doubt that). So U-Tapao is just in the perfect place to check the "weather" there....... A bit more to the east is also interesting weather....there is a dispute between Vietnam, China, Philippines, Indonesia about marine oil. Should check the weather there as well.

A little late to the show aren't you?

If by the gulf in this area you mean the Gulf of Thailand, it has relatively small O&G resources. The SCS however, proper geological surveys need to be done. The NASA flights will probably concentrate in the SCS.

If Soutpeel would chime in regarding O&G, he knows more.

Dempsey said he has discussed the US Navy's plans with Supreme Commander Tanasak Patimapragorn to have U-Tapao as a permanent centre for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.

"It's the perfect place for that," he said.

Clearly, he means disasters like Nam. :rolleyes:

And check the connections of Dick Cheney with several companies that make huge profit on the Iraq war. Not even counting the companies that produce the weapons.

shock1.gif What? Your kidding? Never heard that!!

Thank you for the 10 year old news. coffee1.gif

A little late to the show aren't you?

If by the gulf in this area you mean the Gulf of Thailand, it has relatively small O&G resources. The SCS however, proper geological surveys need to be done. The NASA flights will probably concentrate in the SCS.

If Soutpeel would chime in regarding O&G, he knows more.

The southern Gulf of Thailand has big resources as it seems....look at the naval charts from Koh Samui down to Malaysia are so many Platform that it seems you can jump from one to the next one.

The southern part is said, that was the big topic with the temple dispute with Cambodia that it is just a diversion to handle the sea borders, as some claim there are huge resources.

(I have no own opinion, I can believe one side or the other, impossible to get real facts).

What is SCS?

Fine, that you know that! I am proud of you.....But there are still a lot people that believe it was something about Weapons of Mass Destructions or about bringing democracy....

Fine, that you know that! I am proud of you.....But there are still a lot people that believe it was something about Weapons of Mass Destructions or about bringing democracy....

Those people will always believe that regardless what you tell them.

Those people will always believe that regardless what you tell them.

Yes, you are right....