Under 50 Non Immigrant Visa Available ?

Hello to you all.

I am a german citizen, living now a longer time (18month ) in Thailand and now i want to buy a small property (condominium value aproxx 5-6 million baht), register a car and a motorcycle on my name and want to get a thai - driving licence too.

The problem is that for register a vehicle you need minimum a certificate of residence which is not available with a tourist visa.

I am married but not with a thai citizen. I am under 50 (47) and i am not working because i have a small business in germany. This business is still running under an employed manager.

My plan is to stay in Thailand about 10 to 11 month of a year and to travel only two times back to germany for christmas and for the summer holidays of my shop manager. So in three years it will be much easier because of my age, but i really dont want to wait so long.

Sometimes i would like to travel around in Asia too, but i really do not like to make these travel plans under the pressure to go out of thailand because i need a new visa. So a Non immigrant visa for one year would be a better solution for my needs.

I tried before to get at the thai embassy in germany a non immigrant visa but my request was always rejected.

What do i have to do to get at my next visit in germany at the thai embassy a non immigrant visa for sure.

I still have the fear that if i buy a condominium with a tourist visa only someday somebody in a embassy like vientiane will tell me "too many stamps" and i cannot even go back to my property at all.

And also i dont like to have my vehicles registered to somebody else and a thai driving license is always very helpful everywhere in Thailand.

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Stefan

Hello

Thank you but i am educated well enough already. I dont want to go to school again.

And also it eats up about 25000 Baht for a year.And you have to proof that you really go to school also. In some cases people reported that some officials want to see results too.

Is ther not a regulation for property buyers who allows them to enter the country ?

Thank you coffee1.gif

Hello

Thank you but i am educated well enough already. I dont want to go to school again.

And also it eats up about 25000 Baht for a year.And you have to proof that you really go to school also. In some cases people reported that some officials want to see results too.

Is ther not a regulation for property buyers who allows them to enter the country ?

Thank you coffee1.gif

You could marry, of course, or you can wait until you are 50. coffee1.gif

Edited by cardholder

No there is no such provision but there is an investment extension available for 10 million if you could afford that amount for a condo purchase or put in securities.

B. In case of an investment of not less than 10 million baht.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of money transfer to Thailand of not less than 10 million

baht.

(3) Proof of investment to purchase or rent for a period not less

than 3 years of unit in a condominium from an agency or

government agency concerned at a price of not less than 10

million baht.

(4) Proof of investment in the form of a fixed deposit of not less

than 10 million baht with a bank registered in Thailand with Thai

shareholders comprising more than 50% of its shareholders.

(5) Proof of investment to purchase government or state enterprise

bonds with a value of not less than 10 million baht or

(6) Proof of combined investments as set out in clauses (3),(4)

Or (5) having a total value of not less than 10 million baht.

@ cardholder

I am married already as i wrote in my first introducing Posting and i am searching for a possibility to get a NI - visa BEFORE i am 50 years old. THXermm.gif

@MJCM

I will buy a condominum around 5-6millon as i wrote in my first introducing Posting and to invest over the B.O.I. is very complicating and a lot of bureaucratic things to do. A friend did like this and he is not happy about. Especially in the matter of inheritance it will be complicating to get the money out of thailand again as far as he informed me about.

@ all

Isn´t it possible to get a Non - immigrant Visa for buying a condo in a Thai Embassy ? Does anyone know how to get it or about the requirements leading to a Non Immigrant Visa?rolleyes.gif

"Isn´t it possible to get a Non - immigrant Visa for buying a condo in a Thai Embassy ?"

No.

"Does anyone know how to get it or about the requirements leading to a Non Immigrant Visa?"

Asked and answered. In your case, until you are 50yo, the only way you can stay here all year without having to make 90-day border runs is to get an ED visa.

Thai embassy in Holland says:

As you own a business in your country you can apply for a multiple Non Immigrant Visum Categorie B

You have to write a letter as an owner of the company that you as an employee have to go to Thailand quite a lot to see if there is any business oppertunities.

This wil give you a maximum of 4 x 90 days.

Edited by FritsSikkink

I will buy a condominum around 5-6millon as i wrote in my first introducing Posting and to invest over the B.O.I. is very complicating and a lot of bureaucratic things to do. A friend did like this and he is not happy about. Especially in the matter of inheritance it will be complicating to get the money out of thailand again as far as he informed me about.

The 10 million baht investment extension does not involve the BOI. See post 6 which gives info on what kind of investment you can make besides the condo to give you a total of 10 million baht.

You can do a will here to insure there is not a problem for your heirs to sell the condo and transfer the invested money out of the country after your death.