Magna Pool- Salt Pool- Chlorine

mav000

I have started to process to select company to build pool in Chiang Mai. I need some advice on type of pool to build. Leaning towards Siam Pool. They are recommending the Magna System, with Chlorine. Saying problems with the salt system, true? Also, the Magna system is like 100,000 baht extra, worth it?

In general, what is best: salt or chlorine systems?

Thanks, mac

Magna Pool uses mineral water not chlorine hence the extra cost. Also Magna has a monopoly. Salt is best in my view. Go for an overflow system, rather than a skimmer. Do more research. I looked at this company but found others equally good and cheaper. Th ere are several good co's in Chiang MAi that build pools and dont have large budgets for advertising. Search them out. Be very,very careful who you use.Some co's desperate for the job will cut corners, use inferior steels and inferior materials and pumps. Good luck.See as many pool builds from each company-preferably jobs in hand, so you can see the materials being used and then try and interview the customers.

PS there is a thread on Swimming pools also on this site. It is very useful, another reason why Thai Visa is such a great site.

• Like 1

Hugh, thank you for the information. Would you give me names of reputable pool companies to consider in Chiang Mai? Also, what is the difference between overflow system and skimmer? Thanks again, most helpful.