Is My Upload Speed Unusually Low?

oldgeezer

I live in the Suan Luang area west of BKK and have True HIspd internet.

Checked my speed recently and have:

Download speed: 2.3 Mbps

Upload speed: .23 Mbps

Upload speed seems very slow, but would like to compare with others that may know about True internet.

According to website, global average for upload is 4 times my connection.

Would appreciate comments.

Thanks much.

Edited by oldgeezer

Do you know which plan you are on? If the 599 baht plan then upload speed is capped at 512 Kbps.

Has your service ever worked satisfactorily for you?

It could be that you location is impeding your performance, or even the cabling in your home.

Can you describe your networking set-up? Any details re: equipment? Can you log at the modem/router DSL line statistics?

Couple of things to try. Run the test first with your computer plugged into the modem with your LAN. This will give you your real speeds. WiFi is affected by things around it such as other devices sneding stuff through the air (my cordless telephone base unit brought my WiFi down from 7m to 2.5m by being next to my modem); large metal objects etc. Try to keep the modem up off the floor, 1m+ away from your computer and you with clear line of sight to computer, away from electrical equipment. If by necessity it needs to be close to your computer and all this stuff (like in my home office) plug in with the LAN.