Buying New Motorbike Which Is Best Yamaha Fino Or Honda Click?

Driving a Fino for 4 years. No problems and I added one of those boxes to the back which your passenger can lean on. I stick with Fino because the seats are very comfortable. Bought from the Honda dealer on 3rd/Lenkee. Paid 40k. It's an easy smooth ride.

Huh?

Yamaha FINO is a classic (looking) scooter and Honda CLICK is a modern (looking) "racer".

You better compare a FINO with a SCOOPY, not?

All are automatics, easy to ride, wrapped in plastic and a common ride, I would chose upon your taste in style...

Just my 2 cents!

from having owned both brands, my personal choice is Honda. though i do like the feel of Yamaha

Problem with Yamaha's, i have owned, fino, mio and elegance is the morning start. do not know if its my luck, but all Yamaha's seem to have trouble getting started in the morning.

Honda does not seem to have this problem

Also another thing to consider is your size, ie if you are a big size boy you would look silly on fino, like elephant riding a mouse-lol, but also the mirrors. bigger guys with wide shoulders will not be able to use the mirrors

from my experience(i'm renting bike in samui), honda engines will last 25% longer than yamaha and the honda bikes come with injection wich will save on gasoline and will allow the bike to run on E20, i did a test run on my airblade I, 90km with 2.1l of E20.

Driving a Fino for 4 years. No problems and I added one of those boxes to the back which your passenger can lean on. I stick with Fino because the seats are very comfortable. Bought from the Honda dealer on 3rd/Lenkee. Paid 40k. It's an easy smooth ride.

thank you guys so much for the great info. The wify is leaning toward the new filano it looks pretty nice and i like the big seat. I will get back with my results. Tks again all who responded.

Also, I believe the fino has front storage, while the click is limited to under-the-seat.

The only storage on Fino is under the seat but barely for pertinent paperwork/ID. The best thing I ever bought in Thailand is one those storage boxes attached to the seat frame. I keep my helmets/groceries in there. It is waterproof while water will get in under the seat. I keep my docs in sealed Tupperware under the seat.

post-149387-0-07572100-1339338730_thumb.

This is not my bike but used to illustrate the benefit of the rear container as a back rest. You also don't have to worry about stolen helmets.

I bought the latstest version of the click a couple of months ago and the seat is 100% water proof. Soon as it starts to rain i put my wallet and phone in there and never had any probs. For the rest i like the looks and the drivestyle of the click while the fino looks rather small and gay for an farang man. On the otherside, when the missus is going to use it more i would to take her out for an test drive on both. Both my click on honda, samut pragang just off the sukhumvit line bts (bearing)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

With out any doubt, the Click 125i is head and shoulders above the Fino, not that the Fino is a bad bike, it's just that the Click offers so much more in terms of performance and offers a little more space under the seat.

I have a Yamaha Mio 125 myself and if the click 125i was released earlier i would have opted for the Click.

Can I tag onto the thread & ask the main differences between the Wave125i & the Click 125i?

Is it just semi auto vs full auto? Or is there more?

Semi and auto along with storage under the seat are the two biggest differences, the Click having alot more storage under it's seat (But you can always whack a basket on the front of the Wave)

Also the Click has a handy flat surface in front of and between your feet for a couple of boxes of Leo and or a dog biggrin.png

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

@OP

do we talk about new, or older 2nd hand bikes?

If 2nd hand:

Mio (125), Fino, Nuovo have a caburettor (sometimes not easy to start, but also depends on the quality of fuel)

Scoopy, Click, Airblade, Wave (2-3 years old) have fuel injection and start always without any problems.

BUT:

If you use the carb bikes daily, they start without probs anyway, especially the Mio125, which has no choke because the carb ist controlled by the CDI.

The Mio 125 is imho the most "powerful" bike in this segment. (not forget, we talk about 2nd hand bikes)!

For new bikes:

I think, meanwhile they have all FI, so the chose is just a matter of taste (and money). biggrin.png

Also the Click has a handy flat surface in front of and between your feet for a couple of boxes of Leo and or a dog biggrin.png

+1tongue.png

Edited by roban

The Mio was the most powerful 125 scooter from Yammie, Honda or Suzuki until the Click 125i was released, i've heard alot of reviews claiming it to be 'surprisingly powerful' and some wild claims of it having 14bhp...... That's nearly 4 ponies more than my Mio125GTX..... I'm not too sure about that but there are aot of glowing reviews of the Click 125i

The key of getting the Mio125 started after a week or two sitting with gasohol in it's tank is to give it NO throttle on the first few turns of the starter, then a little throttle (5-10%) and she fires up within 2-3 seconds every time.

With regards to the Auto choke, i thought it was controlled by the temperature of the engine (kind of opens and closes like the cooling system's thermostat does). The CDI is fed with information from the Mio 125's throttle position sensor on the carb to maximise combustion at various throttle positions and RPM's to meet the emission requirements :)

click for sure but 125 cc new one.

It has lots of storage and i drove one - a mechanic's bike - and the new 125 cc is powerful and smooth and they claim good fuel economy.

I drove click 110 cc one also in Ko Chang and it can pull even on the high inclines of Ko Chang and even OK for mild off road.

Good handling too.

Fino, which i also drove, is less punchy and handling wise worse than click. Looks flimsy too.

Can I tag onto the thread & ask the main differences between the Wave125i & the Click 125i?

Is it just semi auto vs full auto? Or is there more?

Semi and auto along with storage under the seat are the two biggest differences, the Click having alot more storage under it's seat (But you can always whack a basket on the front of the Wave)

Not sure on the size of the under seat storage of the click, but the new model wave has a pretty big place as well. Takes a full face helmet easily.

Other differences are that the wave is a bit better suited for heavier loads due to double suspension.

Burns less petrol then a click, but is less powerful as well, different engine... Has very long 4th gear, so lower revving at say 85 - 90 km/h then a click hence the impressive economy ( over 60km/l)

But doesnt need much of an incline to start slowing down and needing downshift, not so comfy in hilly areas...

• Like 2

Not sure on the size of the under seat storage of the click, but the new model wave has a pretty big place as well. Takes a full face helmet easily.

Other differences are that the wave is a bit better suited for heavier loads due to double suspension.

Burns less petrol then a click, but is less powerful as well, different engine... Has very long 4th gear, so lower revving at say 85 - 90 km/h then a click hence the impressive economy ( over 60km/l)

But doesnt need much of an incline to start slowing down and needing downshift, not so comfy in hilly areas...

Thanks monty

Yes went to see a new wave 125i yesterday & was pretty surprised by the under seat storage.

I am surprised you said the wave is less powerful though...

I had just assumed the wave was the more powerful engine...So you are saying the click 125 would be the more powerful

than the wave 125?

Can you expand on the difference in engines if not too far OT or if you know of a English spec website.

Thanks

Edited by flying

Different engine alltogether.

Click is water cooled, wave is air cooled.

I guess the auto's run higher compression ratio, the wave 125i is totally tuned on economy, not performance.

Actually, the wave s (carburator) is faster then the i!

Acceleration wise the 125i more matches the older 110cc auto's, but does beat them top end wise.

The new click and the pcx 125 pull ahead easily at a traffic light race...

• Like 1

Thanks Monti very informative.

Tough at the dealers when only Thai which I have a basic grasp of is spoken

I ask for the differences & they basically say just belt vs chain & wheel size. :)

Trying to decide on a scooter for here in Chiang Mai.

Just so we dont have to use the truck for everything.

Probably the wife & I on it most of the time or just me for school.

Not looking for high performance per se' just reliable & power enough

to get out of the way etc.

Does the smaller wheels of the click translate to more bumps felt on the road?

I did note the click 125 has only one rear shock & although wife & I are not big/heavy I wondered

if it would be a problem?

Anyway appreciate the input & I guess I better research a bit more before deciding.

almost bought the Wave 125i today as they only had one left in White

50,500 cash price with insurance,helmet,jacket,1st service etc.

Town driving I prefer the click. Still have one, the older carburated version (click forward).

For longer distances the wave wins, as more comfy/stable in the 80 to 95km/h range.

Click indeed feels the potholes harder with the smaller wheels, but unless very heavy loaded the single shock does not give problems...

Another difference is that I feel there is less braking power with the click's smaller wheels...

• Like 1

thank you guys so much for the great info. The wify is leaning toward the new filano it looks pretty nice and i like the big seat. I will get back with my results. Tks again all who responded.

the white one is really pretty

post-92214-0-28049100-1339940244_thumb.j

• 8 months later...

I apologize for this very very late reply.

I ran across this thread when I googled how to fix

Yamaha Mio Starting problems.

First let me tell everyone I run own a small bike rental shop in Kranuan.

I added a 2010 Yamaha Mio 125 RR to the stable.

I always ride the new additions personally for the first 2-3 weeks.

Checking for problems.

The other units I have are 110 Honda Clicks, Suzuki 125 Step, Honda 150 NSR.

Although the Yamaha looks sharp, I would never recommend it.

Hard starting, sometimes even after warm up. Battery drain (yes we checked all the circuits)

Fuel economy is very poor and power seems OK, but expected more.

The mio uses 3,5 liter per 100k and that is at around 80kph.(tops at about 97)

The Clicks both get 1.9 liters per 100k. (top at 105kph). The Suzuki gets 2.1.(tops at 105)

The 150 Nsr gets 3.1 (it also has 38hp and tops out with my fat butt 135kg/186cm. on it 150kph).

Edited by prvtdetdave

If it ain't got Honda written on it, don't buy it!

It's that simple.

That's probably a reasonable point if you're buying new, as the other makers seem to have been destroyed by the monopoly, but as a collector of very old bikes I can say in the past they were all closer in quality.

As for the original question, is it really necessary to get a Click or Fino? For less money you could get a new Honda Dream (or Wave), or a Yamaha Spark or Nano: whatever their standard bike is called. They're much sturdier machines than the autos.